AFC Bournemouth v Luton Town

Yes job done but I thought we were fortunate as they missed two pretty easy chances. We'll need to do better against Sheffield United. Think we should bring Brooks back. Don't think Christie is as good on the wing and he didn't do much second half. Doesn't have same understanding with Smith. Also thought Anthony and Zemura were less effective. Dom didn't win the battle against the centre backs either. IMO, we shouldn't be satisfied with today's performance. We lacked fluidity and were lucky to come away with 3 points. Need to improve.
two assists from Christie today

The fixture list has been exceptionally kind to them so far. Which isn't to detract from a stunning series of results, it's just a little harder to read if they can carry this through. Luton for them next followed by Fulham then Blackburn. The latter of those two should give us a better insight as to where they sit.

I'm always a touch wary of writing off an unexpected team off with the old 'they don't have the squad depth to cope for the whole season' reason. That's what we heard from fans of every other club back, well you know when.
They will eventually drop off ...but it's not just the results that is so impressive... it's the way they play....an absolute joy to watch ....for a low budget club to be brave enough to play like that is very rare to see.

I just don't get the feeling we are going to lose a game. Of course we will but there is a spirit and resilience about the team now. I have only missed the Hull game so far and just feel quite relaxed watching us. We will get better as well.

I didn’t feel we’d lose but we could have made things easier for ourselves today. That second half had a “feeling of the Blackpool’s” for me.

And considering the funny five minutes where they could have scored two before we scored. Things could have been very different today.

That said, we do look good. I really like watching the triangles and switching the play at pace. Which was evident in the first half but lost the tempo in the second half.

We will get better though.

Yes good from that point ofor view. Think he would be better more centrally, though.
I think his natural inclination is to play centrally.

In his first game he kept drifting inside only to catch himself and then go back to the wing.

But he's much more reliable than brooks and seems more able to stand up to the pressures of championship football.

I do miss the odd moment of magic though.

Thought Christie covered a lot of the pitch yesterday, made the two goals and will only get better.

Good to have the depth we have now with Brooks on the bench and Stanislas to come back.

With the number of games and the Winter period we will need all these players if we are going to keep In the top two places.

First half promotion form

Second half relegation form

Plan A still looks .like get 3 goals ahead

Smith going back to bad habits as every free kick was square or backwards

Rogers and Lowe to freshen up the support for solanke
Lewis Cook to bring some control on the ball to midfield

Its a marathon and afcb are well placed so far.

In his first game he kept drifting inside only to catch himself and then go back to the wing.

But he's much more reliable than brooks and seems more able to stand up to the pressures of championship football.

I wonder if Parker trusts his temperament more or thinks he's going to be more committed to the cause.

Although I thought that the way he set Billings goal up was pretty magical.

Y
Just watched the extended highlights on COWS, that chip by Christie over the Luton Town defence for Billing to finish was excellent.

Yeah. First half we did okay but we're still lucky in places. Two great assists from Christie. I just think he is better centrally. Ultimately, it may be that we are more creative with him in instead of Jeff or Pearson. He didn't do much on the wing in the second half. Anthony didn'the do much either half to be fair. I would like to see Brooks back in on right anyway.

I dont know about Brooks' commitment.

He did have a face like a slapped ass during the warm up yesterday though.

It's his place to win back... Let the team down v Forest and then got involved in a forehead exchange v QPR. Can see why Parker has brought Christie in instead but hopefully he can get a positive reaction from Brooks now. Want to see those overlaps with Smithy/Stacey. Wasn't there yesterday.

First half promotion form

on another day we could have been two goals down before we got going and it might have turned out completely different. It didn’t and we won, are still top of the league and looking at least one of the best 3 or 4 teams in the division.

;