AFC Bournemouth v Luton Town

No one promised it would be easy ..... I'll take the three points. Obviously would prefer to see the first half Cherries over the second half Cherries. But top of the charts and undefeated after nine .......... (y)

That was hard work. Panicked at times more than I've seen us panic in defending leads lately. Never really held the ball up for a moments rest. Still it's another 3 points when not playing overly well.

Its a good job we've scored at least 2 in 7 out of 9 games, 3rd top scorers, unbeaten and top of the league then isn;t it!
It certainly is a good job we've taken the chances that have come our way......not a single shot in that second half though!....... dominated by a team that cost 1 tenth of ours..... Parker's tactic of sitting on leads by bringing on extra CB's is something we're just going to have to get used too.... it's something he's always done...it will probably get us where we need to be but we're not going to enjoy watching it.

Coventry just two points behind us and lost two games so far.

The fixture list has been exceptionally kind to them so far. Which isn't to detract from a stunning series of results, it's just a little harder to read if they can carry this through. Luton for them next followed by Fulham then Blackburn. The latter of those two should give us a better insight as to where they sit.

I'm always a touch wary of writing off an unexpected team off with the old 'they don't have the squad depth to cope for the whole season' reason. That's what we heard from fans of every other club back, well you know when.

It's nerve wracking watching the scores come up below Jeff Stelling. Desperately waited for a third goal and then they scored. Not good for my blood pressure but at least we hung on again. Still unbeaten which is great. Anyone know if we've had a better unbeaten start to a season?

Game of two halves, we were better in the first half and took a 2-0 lead, though earlier we could have been 0-1 down or even 0-2.

Nearly an error by Travers but recovered and got the ball, the other their player missed an open goal.

Second half they came back with a goal, but we knew that would happen after their previous away games at West Brom and Blackburn.

Job done, top of the league, can’t be much better.

Attendancce 9,737.

It certainly is a good job we've taken the chances that have come our way......not a single shot in that second half though!....... dominated by a team that cost 1 tenth of ours..... Parker's tactic of sitting on leads by bringing on extra CB's is something we're just going to have to get used too.... it's something he's always done...it will probably get us where we need to be but we're not going to enjoy watching it.

I think we've played some decent football the past few games.

I there room for improvement..definitely.

It's still early days and we're certainly looking better than we did under Tindall and Woodgate.

Yopu're making it sound like a complete grind, which isn;t accurate.

As Billy mentioned, they came right back against WBA away too. They may not cost much, but they clearly have something about them. Your comment is a bit arrogant really. No different to what you;d hear from the big boys after we'd sometimes turn them over in the PL.

A lot of long balls into our penalty area a bit like our last game at Cardiff and we've seen both games out. Peterborough will be played on the deck, I don't think they've got the players to go too direct. All big games now, top of the league and everybody will want to knock us down.

What was Naismith complaining about in the first half?

First they were given a free kick and for some reason Naismith was pointing further away from where the referee gave it.

Second complaint was right near where I sit and it was when Ryan Christie beat Naismith to the ball and put it out for a throw in.

Naismith was talking to the ref, then Naismith pointed to his leg as if Christie had caught him, Christie never touched him.

Also saw him moaning about something with the ref in the second half.

What was Naismith complaining about in the first half?

First they were given a free kick and for some reason Naismith was pointing further away from where the referee gave it.

Second complaint was right near where I sit and it was when Ryan Christie beat Naismith to the ball and put it out for a throw in.

Naismith was talking to the ref, then Naismith pointed to his leg as if Christie had caught him, Christie never touched him.

Also saw him moaning about something with the ref in the second half.
Lansbury was also going down at every opportunity

Job done even if it wasn't pretty.lsst years result v Luton started a spiral down.this one puts us back on top.now we need to drive on

Job done even if it wasn't pretty.lsst years result v Luton started a spiral down.this one puts us back on top.now we need to drive on

Yes job done but I thought we were fortunate as they missed two pretty easy chances. We'll need to do better against Sheffield United. Think we should bring Brooks back. Don't think Christie is as good on the wing and he didn't do much second half. Doesn't have same understanding with Smith. Also thought Anthony and Zemura were less effective. Dom didn't win the battle against the centre backs either. IMO, we shouldn't be satisfied with today's performance. We lacked fluidity and were lucky to come away with 3 points. Need to improve.

The fixture list has been exceptionally kind to them so far. Which isn't to detract from a stunning series of results, it's just a little harder to read if they can carry this through. Luton for them next followed by Fulham then Blackburn. The latter of those two should give us a better insight as to where they sit.

I'm always a touch wary of writing off an unexpected team off with the old 'they don't have the squad depth to cope for the whole season' reason. That's what we heard from fans of every other club back, well you know when.
What I was getting at is it seems crazy that an unbeaten team can be only two points ahead of a team that have already lost two.
A cursory look should suggest they should be six points behind, but then if we had lost two of our draws ,we would be the in the same position.

The Forum is at its craziest yet...

We are TOP.....this means that, as it stands ..all the other teams...MUST BE WORSE THAN US....their managers must be F√cking Up more than the unfortunate and wayward, mistake - ridden Scotty Parker !!!! Yes?...No..?

Mind you..we is so lucky to have an abundance of crack 'managers' whacking all the right griff into the keyboards... :slap:

The Forum is at its craziest yet...

We are TOP.....this means that, as it stands ..all the other teams...MUST BE WORSE THAN US....their managers must be F√cking Up more than the unfortunate and wayward, mistake - ridden Scotty Parker !!!! Yes?...No..?

Mind you..we is so lucky to have an abundance of crack 'managers' whacking all the right griff into the keyboards... :slap:
For once agree, we're top & unbeaten, what's with the negativity

For once agree, we're top & unbeaten, what's with the negativity
I think it comes from the fact that other manager can suss us out, make an adjustment and be a decent striker away from getting the points. Our plan B is to throw mepham on.
Still it doesn’t feel like the Tindall unbeaten run there’s something different and more positive about this seasons start.

;