AFC Bournemouth v Manchester City

I don't think I have felt like this going into a game since the Groves / Brooks days. Normally I can get my cherry tinted glasses on at some point and find a glimmer of hope in our darkest runs of form. Today I feel like I have an appointment at 3 o'clock to watch someone drown some puppies.

Remember we are playing at home and if King hadn’t missed that penalty, we would have had three wins on the trot at Dean Court.

Cant think there will be any lack of effort today......after the comments from Eddie and Gosser midweek. If MC play like Champions, its uphill, and they know a draw is like 2 points to Liverpool....it could be a very tense affair, even bit nasty if we get past HT level! Kind of hope it is like that....and we can do enough for a point or...o_O

:party:

Last edited:
I usually wait to see how we line up as sometimes it is different than released prior to the game but given the personnel not sure what variations there could br

What a surprising line up. As shown two young CBs and Ake in Midfield? Smith in front of clyne?

I think we can take this with a pinch of salt. Stanislas was shown in the line up as playing right back a while ago.

Not sure what to make of it,

Probably,

Boruc

LWB Daniels

CB Ake
CB Simpson
CB Mepham

RWB Clyne

RW Smith
CM Surman
CM Brooks
LW Fraser

ST King

Would you voluntarily play those 2 young CBs against Man City front line? What does it say to Ibe having Smith in front of him (unless that's purely about giving Smith more protection rather than all round play)

Daniels, Mepham, Simpson as centre backs with Ake in front?

Or is Daniels in at left wing back giving Smith something of a roving anchor man role?

It could be Daniels as CB in a 3 with smith as left wing back and Ake Surman providing cover.
That’s what I’m thinking. Ake in midfield makes a lot of sense with the players we’ve got available. I can see Brooks being in there with Surs and Ake but not sure what role Wee Man will play.

Also, if anyone’s not looked at the City lineup yet, don’t bother, it won’t make you feel any better about things!

;