AFC Bournemouth v Manchester City

So why didn't we do that defence against Arsenal.
I would prefer us to attack at home.
Fair point. At least Eddie now knows that it’s a viable option. Maybe he’ll use it for the tougher away games in the future. It would be nice to have a positive GD one season :thumbup:

Only heard it on the Radio.......but No shots on goal....

Its got to be said ...if that had been a cup tie, say Yeovil v Man City im sure 3 or 4 attempts at goal would occur..whats going on?
Liverpool v Havant and Waterlooville comes to mind!
Fear Fear Fear....and more...!
No wonder the Top Six get more distant!

The game here last season was very close and it was a last minute goal that decided it.

So I go in hope, if we get beaten so be it, but as long as the team give 100% and learnt from the Arsenal game, I will be happy.

Well we might not have had an attempt on goal but what a resolute performance our players gave today against a very patient Manchester City side who kept probing throughout the game.

Pity Mahrez tucked their goal away, but as last season here there was only 1 goal between the sides.

Boruc played well and made some good saves. Please do more training on your kicking Artur, it was hard enough getting the ball off City, let alone keep giving them the ball from throwi ins. :grinning:

Nathan Ake did well again and gave his all, even resulting to having to be treated twice during the game, the defence and our players did well, can’t ask more than that.

Only concern as Ake walked off he was limping, let’s hope it’s not to serious.

In interview with Eddie after the game, Eddie was asked by Kris was Callum Wilson near today. Eddie replied Callum was nowhere near ready and not sure either for Huddersfield.

Edit: Kris T had mentioned that Bournemouth failed to record a shot against Manchester City, the first time they have failed to register an attempt in a Premier League game.

Last edited:
Only heard it on the Radio.......but No shots on goal....

Its got to be said ...if that had been a cup tie, say Yeovil v Man City im sure 3 or 4 attempts at goal would occur..whats going on?
Liverpool v Havant and Waterlooville comes to mind!
Fear Fear Fear....and more...!
No wonder the Top Six get more distant!
We setup to counterattack and we were a bit short of personnel and quality to launch a meaningful counterattack, that’s all. City did well to cover the danger whenever it looked like we might create something. When we did get a chance there were a lot of poor first touches which didn’t help our cause. Understandably we were sometimes a bit over eager to get forward ( when we finally did have the ball ) which often led to us giving it straight back to City, who to be fair pressed very well.

Manchester City taking the ball to the corner to run the clock down. Celebrating like they'd won the league at the end. We made them work for a win. I consider that a good performance. That with 2 centre backs with virtually no PL experience.

One huge complaint. City put the ball into touch so they could bring a sub on. We then threw it back to them. What has football become? I thought that was shocking.

Manchester City taking the ball to the corner to run the clock down. Celebrating like they'd won the league at the end. We made them work for a win. I consider that a good performance. That with 2 centre backs with virtually no PL experience.

One huge complaint. City put the ball into touch so they could bring a sub on. We then threw it back to them. What has football become? I thought that was shocking.

Saw that and don’tthink we should have given the ball back, it wasn’t an injury, just tactical change.

I think Eddie mentioned it in his interview ... lack of confidence . When we had the ball we tended to **************** ourselves more than the average Bournemouth, yes it’s good opposition but I think we could of had a little more belief .
We defended very well but left us with very limited options regarding offensive play.
You wouldn’t win many games playing like that no matter who you were playing.
I know this sounds a bit negative and there were positives to take but I like watching us when we take the game on !

Aye it was amusing to see Sterling and co running the clock down in that way..,we seemed to have our tails up in the last 10-15 mins, some good pressing by Lys when he came on. I though the lads battled well. The goal when it came felt a little fortuitous, a couple of ricochets and a a scrappy finish. Boruc played well. Ake superb. Mepham and Simpson acquitted themselves well. Smudger fought hard. No disgrace to lose by a goal to such a good side. We’ll pick up plenty of points if we play at this level.

The people moaning about no attempts at goal,are obviously happy with the way we set up & play in the 5-1 drubbings we get against the top sides in this division.

Ok,carry on having a moan if it makes you feel better.

I find it odd that we consider ourselves to need Wilson, Brooks, Lerma etc to be able to compete. How on earth did we survive our first season? We played far more expansive, attacking football with high pressing, and significantly inferior players, but were somehow just as good, while far more entertaining.

And one thing is really clear: as a team we aren't nearly as fit as we used to be.

Losing 1-0 with 5 minutes to go, at home, having had 0 shots, and still keeping 11 players behind the ball is about as depressing as it gets.

;