AFC Bournemouth v Manchester City

3-1 loss....probably about expected. City are just fantastic. But again, a strange game, still right in it at 2-1....Rodri coming on and a shite third goal kills the game. That's the difference. More shots on target as City....but....they have world class strikers.
and world class keeper and that's not a dig at Rambo but other keepers might not of pulled off his saves

I thought we did well against one of, if not the, best sides in Europe. I can’t think of anyone who had a bad game, we’re just quite simply no way near City’s standard.

Great effort, a more even game than the scoreline suggests. Only -2 for our GD too, would have taken that at 2:00pm.
We continue to get closer to these teams, if only we’d taken our chances ruthlessly, City would have been in deep trouble. We have a good team and no questioning the performance today, we gave it everything.
Shutting out City is so hard, their forward line has some crazy movement. Impossible to track everybody so it comes down to a large dose of luck whether or not you got close to the right player at the decisive moment. City are very good in attack but we had our chances and kept them honest. They looked tired and relieved at the final whistle. Good effort from the boys today and it was the sort of game Eddie can use to find out where we can get closer still to these top teams.
Time for vino !
:utc::toot:

on another day Ederson and Walker might of seen red. nearly everyone put in a good performance out there, ibe and fraser need to seriously up their game though

Ederson was never getting a red for that sadly, too far wide of the goal. Only possible would be if it was deemed dangerously high perhaps. By rights, Walker should have been off inside ten minutes. I bet you a lower table player making that first foul would have had a yellow.

Ederson was never getting a red for that sadly, too far wide of the goal. Only possible would be if it was deemed dangerously high perhaps. By rights, Walker should have been off inside ten minutes. I bet you a lower table player making that first foul would have had a yellow.
i was thinking dangerous play rather then goal stopping chance

Interesting to watch their fouls after reading that article. I reckon 8 or 9 blatant fouls early on in one of our moves. One yellow, I think.

Enjoyed the game very much. Our finishing is poor. Our corners worse. Ibe managed to run the ball into touch as his first contribution and then lost the ball for his second, setting up a City attack.

Billing and Lerma terrific. Whole team played well. A closer game than most against City, the cheating, cynical b#5tards.

Interesting to watch their fouls after reading that article. I reckon 8 or 9 blatant fouls early on in one of our moves. One yellow, I think.

Enjoyed the game very much. Our finishing is poor. Our corners worse. Ibe managed to run the ball into touch as his first contribution and then lost the ball for his second, setting up a City attack.

Billing and Lerma terrific. Whole team played well. A closer game than most against City, the cheating, cynical b#5tards.

Not sure why you had to pick fault in Ibe there???

But then.. When Harry pulls it back to 2-1... You have to Stand on the bloody seats and Rant your balls off !..What the Hell is wrong with th
is Crowd...sitting there like Lemons...or Turkeys on the 23rd of December.....
I know im right on this before anyone gets sh#tty!

The effort our team put in was terrific. To match City takes every sinew. I do hope I haven't witnessed the end of Charlie Daniel's career today.

Why? Because that's what he does. Every time. Almost cost us a goal straight away. I'm not picking faults, they are there for all to see.

Mcfc showing the sly steel that barca could always resort to, de bruyne tripped opponents with no card being shown, lerma was booked for 1 trip.

Bad day at the office for marriner who ottled it against a big club.

Good team effort, billing looking like he can dominate midfield.

But then.. When Harry pulls it back to 2-1... You have to Stand on the bloody seats and Rant your balls off !..What the Hell is wrong with th
I'd imagine it sounds slightly different in the ground than it does in the pub tbf.

not allowed to stand on seats im afraid, it would be good to hear from someone who was there as watching from tv its hard to comment on the noise the crowd made due to mic positions etc i know last season it the mic was mainly by the away support?????

Our Quiet Crowd is MAJOR problem in these games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......

;