AFC Bournemouth v Manchester City

Who would you say is the best manager in the world?

good question. I always thought what brian clough achieved with the rise of nottingham forest was incredible. it pains me to say it, but the way alex ferguson got his teams playing with such consistency at the highest level, over several years, was remarkable.

Really! It's certainly not Eddie Howe, the beautiful man that he is.

I don't really see how anyone can say Guardiola isn't the best manager in the world currently. He's spent obscene amounts, but so have most top clubs. I don't like it, there's FFP question marks over it, but that's just the way it works at the top. He knows exactly what he needs, buys the players, and then sets records. Klopp is very close, of course.

No one coach has had such an impact on modern football tactics than Pep. You could argue that Bielsa was the first to bring ‘press and possess’ to the mainstream but obviously he’s had nowhere near the same level of success

He’s spent lots, but their biggest transfer is Mahrez for £60m isn’t it? When you consider what the other clubs around them have spent as a whole, on individual players and the fact they basically have 2 teams that could contend the league, it’s quite remarkable.

Our results against City at home over the last 4 seasons have improved. Could this be the year that we nick a win? Or at least a draw?? I'm expecting a defeat but football can sometimes throw up that unexpected result !

The question was "in the world", but only Real Madrid among the premium European teams has a true flagship manager right now. Kovac at Bayern has been under the microscope since day 1, Tuchel much the same. Sarri who knows, Valverde as well. Zidane has the trophies, will be interesting to see what he does this year.

So, Pep or Zidane, Klopp close.

Clough and Ferguson did it with different teams none of whom were at the top of their games when taken over. Aberdeen beating Bayern Munich and Real Madrid to win a European final was arguably as good as beating Bayern Munich with Man U in terms of toughness of task. The Forest story was incredible, promotion, championship and two European cups in four years will never happen again.

Those achievements have to be worth more than taking over established top clubs. Also respect to Mourinho before he ‘lost it’ for what he did with Porto.

You have to think its Eddie...surely!
Thats emotional... and biased.. but in a 'relative to circumstance' basis ..he must be close to best!

I think Clough is far out in front, best of all time.....a horrible peice of work as a bloke...but 2 Euro Cups and other titles with N.Forest and a Euro Semi- final with Derby...Jeez_!

Yes. But maybe the fact that this is now getting some publicity might encourage the officials to be particularly aware of these tactics and punish them accordingly in this game. If we can have 10 counter-attacks thwarted by cynical City fouls, we could see them down to just 8 players left on the pitch !
Well, you can but hope ;)
Or if we decide not to let them get away with taking the P. Then it looks like last years’s game v Spurs

Ive done a bet! I havnt got a clue but...

Brighton to beat Saints 5-4
Norwich to beat Chelsea 11-4
Boscombe to beat Manister 11-1
Hearts to draw at Celtic 9-4
£5 on. £2,750....when it comes off on Sunday!

Crashed at CarrowRd...bloody turnips!

Last edited:

;