AFC Bournemouth v Manchester United

billythekid

UTC Legend
The referee is Chris Kavanagh who we had in our first win against Saints.

Mike Dean is in charge of VAR.

Last season we had him for our two heaviest away defeats in London against Spurs and Arsenal.

Last edited:
The referee is Chris Kavanagh who we had in our first win against Saints.

Mike Dean is in charge of VAR.

Last season we had him for our two heaviest away defeats in London against Spurs and Arsenal.

.....and he’s from Manchester!! (I happen to know his family)

Actually, I think he one of the better refs, although he hasn’t always been lucky for us.

:utc:

Wouldn't mind seeing some o' these for the game...

------------Ramsdale------------
Smith-----Cook----Ake-----Rico
----Lerma---L. Cook---Billing----
Danjuma------Wilson------Fraser

- Gives us a fluid front 3 which could include any variation of Wilson(s), King, Danjuma, Fraser, etc..
- Front 3 can attack with a bit more bite without worrying about tracking back as much. Would probably benefit H. Wilson and King the most- and even Ibe if he ever comes back from the cold.
- With 3 centre mids you can definitely use Brooks there in the future for added guile, and probably even H. Wilson too.

-------Lerma-------Billing-------
Danjuma-----H Wilson-----Fraser
-------------Wilson-------------

- If we're going to be a counterattacking team you might as well set the team up for it. Have Cook, Billing or Lerma sit deep and absorb pressure, before unleashing the pace of Fraser/Danjuma/King/etc.
- 3 lines of attack in theory means that Wilson/King/Solanke would be a lot less isolated in attack as strikers.

----------Ramsdale--Travers----------
Smith---Mepham--Cook---Ake---Rico
------Lerma-----Billing-----Cook------
Danjuma---H. Wilson---Brooks---Fraser
King------------Wilson------------Solanke

- EH's blind love of the 442 seems to have led him to neglecting the overwhelming positives of a 5-3-4-3 formation.
- For one, it gives us 15 outfield players. With the opposition always having 10 outfield players, this gives us a distinct advantage that can't really be ignored.
- Travers needs more gametime, so if we throw him in as well as Ramsdale, we eliminate that problem.
- Christ I'm bored
- We've been lacking a bit of firepower recently, so with a front 7 I'm hoping we'd be able to recapture our creative spark.
- On second thoughts, the pitch looks a bit crowded. Don't want to confuse Willo on commentary. Probably be best to just stick with the two centre mids.
- 442 it is!

Wouldn't mind seeing some o' these for the game...

----Lerma---L. Cook---Billing----
Danjuma------Wilson------Fraser

- Gives us a fluid front 3 which could include any variation of Wilson(s), King, Danjuma, Fraser, etc..
- Front 3 can attack with a bit more bite without worrying about tracking back as much. Would probably benefit H. Wilson and King the most- and even Ibe if he ever comes back from the cold.
- With 3 centre mids you can definitely use Brooks there in the future for added guile, and probably even H. Wilson too.

-------Lerma-------Billing-------
Danjuma-----H Wilson-----Fraser
-------------Wilson-------------

- If we're going to be a counterattacking team you might as well set the team up for it. Have Cook, Billing or Lerma sit deep and absorb pressure, before unleashing the pace of Fraser/Danjuma/King/etc.
- 3 lines of attack in theory means that Wilson/King/Solanke would be a lot less isolated in attack as strikers.

- EH's blind love of the 442 seems to have led him to neglecting the overwhelming positives of a 5-3-4-3 formation.
- For one, it gives us 15 outfield players. With the opposition always having 10 outfield players, this gives us a distinct advantage that can't really be ignored.
- Travers needs more gametime, so if we throw him in as well as Ramsdale, we eliminate that problem.
- Christ I'm bored
- We've been lacking a bit of firepower recently, so with a front 7 I'm hoping we'd be able to recapture our creative spark.
- On second thoughts, the pitch looks a bit crowded. Don't want to confuse Willo on commentary. Probably be best to just stick with the two centre mids.
- 442 it is!
All very well selecting a line-up etc, but you still have to think about the opposition and how you can nullify the skills of each opponent.

This actually would work a treat against the Springboks on Saturday!

- Christ I'm bored
- 442 it is![/QUOTE]

Man Utd playing at Chelsea tonight - as it's a prestige fixture, I'd expect OGS to put out a full strength team.

Now, wouldn't it be good if it's a long, physical and demanding game and it goes to penalties ?

4-5-1

...Rambo
Smith
Cook S
Ake
Rico
Danjuma
Cook L
Lerma
Billing
Wilson H
King