AFC Bournemouth v Manchester United

Christ, what a relief! I was dreading the 2nd half after King scored but we probably defended the best we have all season, got bodies in the box and just didn't give them a clear chance. Without doubt we looked the better team and deserve to be above them in the table.

BT Sport giving us a lot of credit to be fair. Talking about us needing to believe that we belong in the top 6 to 8 and just need to deliver a consistent season for once.

Another clean sheet with a good performance by our defenders again.

Ramsdale in goal did what he had to do with crucial saves.

Rico impressed me today and thought he had a good game.

King back on the score sheet again with the only goal of the game.

Radio 5....Pearce I think....said we were brilliant....and that Eddie has got recruitment bang on ! ..adding that Surridge had got winner for Swansea!
He went on about Boscombe for ages..hardly mentioned Utd!
Im off to the pub in a minute....dont expect any sense from me tonight.( yeah i know... you dont anyway!)
Edit:
Saints 1- 0 !

Radio 5....Pearce I think....said we were brilliant....and that Eddie has got recruitment bang on !
Edit:
Saints 1- 0 !
Bill, if that was Stuart Pearce you’re talking about it was TalkSPORT, and the only reason he said that was because earlier he’d been very critical of our recruitment policy, only to be corrected by several Cherries emailing and texting pointing out all Eddie’s brilliant signings.

Just got back, phew and wow! Thought Man United looked v dangerous first 20-25 mins, spraying the ball around, Daniel James a threat, getting in behind Rico a couple of times. But we hung in there and finished the second half the stronger. Time seemed to stop when Josh was bringing the ball under control but what a finish, what a goal, what a crowd (thought we were excellent too!!). Second half we looked comfortable, created plenty. Shout out to H Wilson who I thought had his best game for us, what an engine he has. Despite some United pressure, I didn’t really feel like they would score. We were sat right behind Rambo. What a season he’s having. Immense. Defensively we look so strong now. Really really pleasing hard fought victory. Heard on the radio on the way home, the pundits praising Eddie, in particular the signing of Billing. He and Lerma were fantastic. Fireworks and a glass of red to celebrate tonight. Cheers all, what a day!

Where I was sitting just to the NS side of Eddie and saw the United player go down in our penalty area and then all hell let loose.

The outcome was Lerma was really struggling to get out of Ramsdale’s grip and get at someone, he may have been looking at red instead of yellow if he had done.

I will have to watch it later on the highlights to see exactly what went on, but we see our players get unnecessary yellows for dissent (Arter), was this a card Lerma could have avoided and been available to take his place against Newcastle which he will now miss?

;