AFC Bournemouth v Middlesbrough

I see in the latest video from training that the players were practising hitting the woodwork intentionally. I'm sure that will be of great help to us moving forwards :rolleyes:

The rest of it just looked like "It's a Knockout" with footballs.
:slap:

I seriously hope this was just a final "light training session" and that we've used the rest of the two week break wisely to prepare for the run-in !

:utc:

Should we put those players back into the starting line up after just recovering from injury? I don't think so. David Brooks was only a sub before he got his last injury so the best he can hope for is a seat on the bench as with the others.

I'm guessing with Reading away at Barnsley, and the best result probably a draw there, we won't be looking to get back on the top 6 on Friday...

I see in the latest video from training that the players were practising hitting the woodwork intentionally. I'm sure that will be of great help to us moving forwards :rolleyes:

The rest of it just looked like "It's a Knockout" with footballs.
:slap:

I seriously hope this was just a final "light training session" and that we've used the rest of the two week break wisely to prepare for the run-in !

:utc:

Probably for half-time as there are no fans for crossbar challenge. ;)

Middlesbrough ...great place ...the people very direct and honest...and a bit more class about them than the rest of Yorkshire !

It IS still Yorkshire...ask them !

Found this article from November.

So maybe call it a draw, but back to football and this afternoon we need a win. :grinning:

When governments split up historic counties for administrative purposes it can leave border towns with an identity crisis.

Nowhere is this more so than the post-industrial town of Middlesbrough.

Historically it was part of the North Riding of Yorkshire (and it still is, sort of) but in 1974 it was swallowed by the new county of Cleveland, together with parts of what was County Durham.

The county of Cleveland was abolished in 1996 but the town is still administratively part of the North East, rather than Yorkshire region. Local law enforcement is still Cleveland Police, it has a TS postcode and some Middlesbrough folk consider themselves Teessiders, rather than Tykes.

But where do Yorkshire Live readers believe Ironopolis belongs and would the people of Yorkshire like Middlesbrough back?

Some felt Middlesbrough was still part of Yorkshire in geography and identity.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/yorkshire-want-large-town-back-19286914

;