AFC Bournemouth v Middlesbrough

Don't suppose JW would know how to use sub's...having played professional football for most of his life..and turned out for England and little Real Madrid..
and the poor bugger has only recently had ( maybe) experience of picking up tips from the Formation Junkies and Technical Guru's that infest this Forum ! Holy F√ck Batman !

Pleased with the result but found our performance very flat and dull. No clear game plan as to how we create chances, except give the ball to Billing, Junior or Arnaut and hope they create something. Maybe it’s just that we have been spoilt in the past with fast attacking football under Eddie.

Our last two league games have been at home and we beat Swansea City 3-0 and Middlesbrough today 3-1.

We have earned 6 points out of 6, that will do me with 8 games to go.

Grinding out results at this time of the season with the pressure on all the sides, hopefully our team have hit some sort form at the right time and grinding out results.

Remember all the talk of what McCarthy and Pearson were going to do when they took over at their clubs.

Just look at their recent run of results, especially Pearson.

Last edited:
Pleased with the result but found our performance very flat and dull. No clear game plan as to how we create chances, except give the ball to Billing, Junior or Arnaut and hope they create something. Maybe it’s just that we have been spoilt in the past with fast attacking football under Eddie.
No game plan, except for the three you mentioned.

Good result, sloppy performance rescued by solanke playing as the lone isolated front man.
Danjuma disappeared after half time, stanislas never appeared. Begovic and cook set the lack of tempo by pointless playing about sideways and back.
Smith playing as if he is not fully fit.
Ccv and lerma a utility above the rest.

On wards and upwards on Monday

I think Bego could have got a hand on the shot for their goal. It's almost as if he fell to the ground rather than pushed off in a dive. He was only a few inches from the ball. Still think he's so much better this season though.

I felt exactly like that, an uninspiring performance

Patchy. No consistency. Luckily Boro were poor.
Delighted with the win but the thought of the core of this squad in the next division up scares me.
Patchy. No consistency. Luckily Boro were poor.
Delighted with the win but the thought of the core of this squad in the next division up scares me.
I'd be happy to be in the next division up. Sadly, I don't think it's going to happen but if it does and some are scared, that's good too.... There's nothing like fear to motivate.

Looking at our goals difference creeping up again, (remember when it was miles better than any other team but it's now 4th best) there are glimpses of a promotion winning team in there, but for now they remain glimpses. Fingers crossed for the next 8 games, and a few more after that....!

On Quest last night all three of them reckoned we would make the play-offs. I don't know if that's good news or not given some of the rubbish they spout. Hope they're right!

I noticed that AFCB and Whatfor were the only ones in the top 7 to register a win. Assuming Norwitch and Whatfor are the two automatic promotions, as it stands, I think we have a better than 60% chance of making the play-offs. Trouble is we have more away games than home left but I'm positive. (I think!)

;