AFC Bournemouth v Millwall - Last Game In The Championship

Disappointing that there were so many superior teams to us this season and so we see the miserable spectacle of finsihing the season 2 points off first place.

Forest have scored a penalty in injury time to take them back to third.

AFC Bournemouth waved farewell to the Championship with a 1-0 victory against Millwall, which extended the Lions’ run without victory at the Vitality Stadium to six games, in a run spanning back to December 2000.

Millwall were laser-focused on picking up three points, knowing they had a faint, yet somewhat implausible chance of making the play-offs. In turn, the ‘Lions’ – who last played in the top tier of English football during the 1989/90 campaign – began with real intent, and saw Shaun Hutchinson head wide of the target in the opening stages, following an inch-perfect set-piece from George Saville.

Seeking to end the season on an even greater high, having not lost at home in the league since January, Bournemouth eventually found their groove. After latching on to Adam Smith’s immaculate ball over the top, Emiliano Marcondes registered the game's first attempt on target, but the Danish midfielder failed to convert past Bartosz Białkowski in a tense one-on-one situation.

The match was still there for the taking after HT, but as promotion-hopefuls Luton Town took the all-important lead over Reading at Kenilworth Road, the Lions’ play-off dreams were already as good as dead. With the ‘Cherries’ now firmly on top, a dejected Millwall allowed Bournemouth to net midway through the second half, but much to the visitors’ relief, Marcondes’ clean finish was disallowed for offside.

Dicing with disaster appeared to rejuvenate Gary Rowett’s side, and they almost snatched the winning goal, but Saville’s thumping half-volley and Oliver Burke’s close-range effort were respectively denied by Mark Travers. Millwall were immediately left to rue their spurned chances, as substitute Kieffer Moore pounced on a quick throw-in by Philip Billing and blasted the ball past Białkowski, to give PL-bound Bournemouth to record their 25th victory of the season, while leaving the visitors without an away win in their last six outings.

Oh and Hull have equalized almost straight after sending them back to fourth.

This made me laugh. They were so sanctimonious after our game. Now they have Sheffield United who are a tough side.
I'd like Huddersfield to win the play offs as they are a small team up here and get a lot of stick from Leeds.
A fantastic result for us. Getting Moore fit at the end has been a major factor.

This made me laugh. They were so sanctimonious after our game. Now they have Sheffield United who are a tough side.
I'd like Huddersfield to win the play offs as they are a small team up here and get a lot of stick from Leeds.
A fantastic result for us. Getting Moore fit at the end has been a major factor.

Yeah, I think it's pretty likely that if Moore had been fit all season we'd have won the league.

Had to leave at full time. Anyone able to enlighten me as to who won what in the end of season awards?

Well that was a nice restful afternoon, the usual Kieffer Moore goal and we had another disallowed.

At the final whistle everyone remained in the stands including the Millwall fans and after they gradually drifted away, we finally had the presentations etc.

It was just an end of season game, defences dominated and only a breakaway by us with two of our players and only their goalkeeper to stop a goal, Moore advanced and hit the back of the net with a cool finish.

And to round the afternoon off nicely Fulham lost and we finished on 88 points two behind Fulham and our team of 2014-15.

Now we look forward to next season and the Premier League.

Well done Scott Parker and his team.

Disappointing that there were so many superior teams to us this season and so we see the miserable spectacle of finsihing the season 2 points off first place.

Forest have scored a penalty in injury time to take them back to third.
2 fucking points, that’s all it was. 2 fucking points. OK Fulham we’re on the beach today but a win in 3 of those miserable draws. Oh well. Onwards and upwards.

After all the fuss over the build up to our game against Forest, we have finished 8 points clear of them with a better GD.

They finally finished 4th and think they play Sheffield United in the play-offs which are a lottery in themselves.

The only conclusion I can draw from this season is, if Moore can score 4 goals in 90 mins, then if he had only been fit for, say, ten games he would be on 40 goals, and given our defensive record I imagine we would have won 10 games in a row, top and with more goals scored than Fulham. If only he hadn’t broken his foot when he did. #regret

After all the fuss over the build up to our game against Forest, we have finished 8 points clear of them with a better GD.

They finally finished 4th and think they play Sheffield United in the play-offs which are a lottery in themselves.
And I think the Blades will win that. They’ve finished the stronger of the two clubs and are pretty much unbeatable at home..

;