AFC Bournemouth v Millwall

Millwall play five at the back when away, so would expect JT to match up.

View attachment 4829
this is what you expect, but do you agree. Why wouldn't you move Brooks behind Solanke in place of Lerma, and stick King on right?

Would CCV be better in middle? He is more likely to step out to close down than Steve Cook, with Cook to cover in behind.

When we have ball we need to be in 3-1-3-3 shape, without 3-3-3-1.

They could revert to 4-2-3-1 verses us, which will look like 4-4-1-1 when they defend.

Might be a lot of mid game adaptations if we don't start fast.

Important to go 2nd tonight. I have a feeling elite sport is going to be stopped very soon, what with all the positive covid tests in football. They might just stop the season at the halfway point, and that is tonight. Points per game will take us up.

promotion/relegation based on this season so far would be stretching the bounds of bonkerness on an already ridiculous season

A quick top up:

KING DOES NOT WANT TO BE AT BOSCOMBE- HE DONT WANT TO BE IN A BOURNEMOUTH SHIRT - HE FEELS EMBARRASSED TO BE AT A CHAMPIONSHIP CLUB - HE IS AN ELITE INTERNATIONAL PLAYER WHO SHOULD BE ALTERNATING WITH RASHFORD OR STERLING OR SALAH.
Postcodes: M16 ORA - M11 3FF - L4 OTH
{( for his Satnav.)( he can drive up there with a pile of CV's and try to get himself a job)}

There are other very hungry players in the BH postcode area....that would be delighted to play in the Championship.

promotion/relegation based on this season so far would be stretching the bounds of bonkerness on an already ridiculous season

While I agree, a season being decided by 23 head to head games with almost exclusively empty grounds is certainly fairer than last year IMO.

I think it was about 75% of the season in full grounds and the rest compressed to 2 months in front of empty grounds with some teams having their squad size reduced and an increase in subs.

this is what you expect, but do you agree. Why wouldn't you move Brooks behind Solanke in place of Lerma, and stick King on right?

Would CCV be better in middle? He is more likely to step out to close down than Steve Cook, with Cook to cover in behind.

When we have ball we need to be in 3-1-3-3 shape, without 3-3-3-1.

They could revert to 4-2-3-1 verses us, which will look like 4-4-1-1 when they defend.

Might be a lot of mid game adaptations if we don't start fast.
That hasn't done my headache any good reading that....:grinning:

Chance to open a gap with next 2 Brentford games postponed (including v Reading). Although they would have games in hand we could get a psychological advantage

I love having footy twice a week, it works for me. We used to go weeks without a game in the 'ship, which is pretty dismal for footy fans. I think when we inevitably go up, we should play in BOTH leagues. Problem sorted.

no game is easy but we should be looking to win this game tonight, regardless of covid, advantage of going 2nd etc

Last edited:
Chance to open a gap with next 2 Brentford games postponed (including v Reading). Although they would have games in hand we could get a psychological advantage
Definitely.

Having points on the board is an obvious advantage however in this strange season, it's more vital than ever to get ahead whilst you can.

Would take any win tonight

Pretty sure we'll revert back to 433 now Billing is fit again.....with Billing ....Cook and Lerma in midfield ......Cookie and Simpson at CB and possibly Smith and Stacey as full backs.....Stan and Solanke will come back in upfront with either King or Brooks ......although it's difficult to guess which way JT set us up these days........i think we''ve won games with 4 different formations this season.....must be a nightmare for opposing managers.

;