AFC Bournemouth v MK Dons

Chris H, are you saying Ibe played terribly the whole game?
Defoe too?
The AFCB commentary made it sound like Ibe did really well.

Weridly Ibe did rather well at right wing back. But when unleashed into attacking midfield later (the slot vacated by the utterly superb Fraser) Ibe turned to crap, in whats supposed to be his better position. But then scored.

A complete enigma that lad.

My lad was worried about Mousset exit. Did it look serious anyone over 11?
It didn’t look good. Took him several minutes to walk with the support of two physios from the south stand to the dug out. Looked like an ankle injury, couldn’t seem to put much pressure on it. Real shame as he has a good match. Some nice bits of skill and a well taken goal. Fingers crossed he’ll be back soon.

Good fun that game - in fact following AFCB in general is pretty good atm - our biggest problems are too many options.

Lerma looked decent and importantly something we don't have already. Who knows if he'll get the nod against Chelsea but it wouldn't surprise me. Fair enough it was poor opposition tonight but he's played at a decent level so you've got to throw him in at some point.

Bit harsh to talk of Lewis Cook as if he's half the player he was - he looked ok in parts but it's true that he gave it away way too much, particularly at the start of the second half. I'm confident a run of games will have him back to his best but tbf he's not done enough to justify a place in the starting line up either in preseason or the games he's played. Lerma should get a chance first on this evidence.

Rico looked good - I'm not sure I'd drop Daniels for him but I would if he has a 6/10 performance against Chelsea.

Mousset looked the better of the strikers - Defoe miles off it tbf. Hopefully the injury isn't too bad.

Ibe was fine - obviously erratic but talk of him being dreadful is just wrong. He hit two awful shots and gave it away and slowed it a bit - like he does - but he also created some decent chances and got some decent crosses in - like he does.

All in all though despite some pretty good performances you'd only say one of them was a cast iron starter and that's Fraser who is arguably our best player atm.

Mings looked very useful tonight and Fraser was everywhere, i expect he cut up the oranges at half time too.

Lewis Cook was nowhere near last seasons standards and Jordan Ibe...Jordan Ibe. He scored and so his awful game will be airbrushed from history.

Defoe ? What is the point ?

"i expect he cut up the oranges at half time too "
Are you trying to do the tea lady out of her job?
I heard he was cleaning the toilets in the MK Dons dressing room as they were shitting them selves about the second half.

Good fun that game - in fact following AFCB in general is pretty good atm - our biggest problems are too many options.

Lerma looked decent and importantly something we don't have already. Who knows if he'll get the nod against Chelsea but it wouldn't surprise me. Fair enough it was poor opposition tonight but he's played at a decent level so you've got to throw him in at some point.

Bit harsh to talk of Lewis Cook as if he's half the player he was - he looked ok in parts but it's true that he gave it away way too much, particularly at the start of the second half. I'm confident a run of games will have him back to his best but tbf he's not done enough to justify a place in the starting line up either in preseason or the games he's played. Lerma should get a chance first on this evidence.

Rico looked good - I'm not sure I'd drop Daniels for him but I would if he has a 6/10 performance against Chelsea.

Mousset looked the better of the strikers - Defoe miles off it tbf. Hopefully the injury isn't too bad.

Ibe was fine - obviously erratic but talk of him being dreadful is just wrong. He hit two awful shots and gave it away and slowed it a bit - like he does - but he also created some decent chances and got some decent crosses in - like he does.

All in all though despite some pretty good performances you'd only say one of them was a cast iron starter and that's Fraser who is arguably our best player atm.

I heard Boruc had a good game, Willo said he had to put away his paper and cigar at one point.

Agree with all of this, SDD. Fraser was electric. Most of our creativity seemed to come from him. I liked the position he played, in the hole between the front two. Left the field to a standing ovation and rightly named MOTM. I love Jordon Ibe but can understand why he polarises opinion. At times pure class, at other times you wonder what he’s thinking. But he has great feet and the ability to make space for a shot. One of which hit the top of the north stand, the next one back of the net. That summed up Jordon’s night! Enigmatic, for sure. Lerma already a crowd favourite. What a player we have on our hands there. So much time on his hands. We live in privileged times. My old man, 80 years young, was blown away by the speed of our passing in the first half.

Weridly Ibe did rather well at right wing back. But when unleashed into attacking midfield later (the slot vacated by the utterly superb Fraser) Ibe turned to crap, in whats supposed to be his better position. But then scored.

A complete enigma that lad.

Ibe looked good over on the right. He seems to get loads of undeserved stick. I'm really glad that he got a goal. It's clear that Lewis gave the ball away easier today.

Fair to say that Ibe went off the boil when moved in midfield. It was the shuffling around when Steve Cook came on. At that stage we struggled for a few minutes and it wasn't just Ibe.
Looked like Eddie changed it up again when Brooks came on. Did we end with Brooks, Ibe & King as a 3?
Anyway, for the short time at the end it looked like Ibe and Brooks linked well together. Shame Brooks didn't bury the chance he got as well.

Did anyone else not think that Mings more often than not has a heavy first touch,or looked like he was going to trip over the damn ball? But hes a big strong lad and sure he’ll improve with game time

One thing about Jordon is that a couple of times we really saw him use his pace, which can be devastating, yet he hardly every uses it - usually he's always stopping to face up to the defender and trying to knick it past them with a standing start. His paced caused all the problems for Fraser's goal - although he was lucky a poor final pass ended up at Fraser's feet.

He's a sub to throw on when we need something. Brooks way ahead of him.

One thing about Jordon is that a couple of times we really saw him use his pace, which can be devastating, yet he hardly every uses it - usually he's always stopping to face up to the defender and trying to knick it past them with a standing start. His paced caused all the problems for Fraser's goal - although he was lucky a poor final pass ended up at Fraser's feet.

He's a sub to throw on when we need something. Brooks way ahead of him.

This. There have been occasions when he has played at pace (normally away from home at teams that dominate possession) and looked devastating. At home when we have the play he always stops then goes. If he could play at pace more often he could be as effective as wee man. I wonder if this is tactical or just the way he plays.

I heard Boruc had a good game, Willo said he had to put away his paper and cigar at one point.
Interesting on Sky Sports interview after the match that Eddie made a point of saying that two of the goals were a result of the ball played out from the back by the ‘keeper...distribution clearly something they are working on.

This. There have been occasions when he has played at pace (normally away from home at teams that dominate possession) and looked devastating. At home when we have the play he always stops then goes. If he could play at pace more often he could be as effective as wee man. I wonder if this is tactical or just the way he plays.

Strangely enough away at Chelsea last year was probably the best example I've seen of him using his pace to devastating effect.

He really could be a brilliant player if he added this second dimension to his game. He can beat players from a standing start and get a shot or cross in (yes he'll lose it half the time but I've no problem with that in the final third) but if he also used his pace more defenders wouldn't know whether to stick or twist with him.

He'll never have a football brain imo as he doesn't seem to have developed any positional awareness in the time we've had him. That's not to say he'll never be a decent player for us though. The problem is that he'll run out of chances one of these days and he can't complain that he's not had a fair crack of the whip.

At home when we have the play he always stops then goes.

This is how Eden Hazard plays. The problem is Ibe isn’t Eden Hazard! I think if Ibe could skin his man on a few occasions, his stop and go move might be more effective. At the moment it’s just too predictable and makes it easy for the defence to regain their shape

Strangely enough away at Chelsea last year was probably the best example I've seen of him using his pace to devastating effect.

He really could be a brilliant player if he added this second dimension to his game. He can beat players from a standing start and get a shot or cross in (yes he'll lose it half the time but I've no problem with that in the final third) but if he also used his pace more defenders wouldn't know whether to stick or twist with him.

He'll never have a football brain imo as he doesn't seem to have developed any positional awareness in the time we've had him. That's not to say he'll never be a decent player for us though. The problem is that he'll run out of chances one of these days and he can't complain that he's not had a fair crack of the whip.

Yes. 7 times out of 10 I watch him I convince myself he will be back in the championship before long. Big season for him. Undoubted talent but if Eddie can’t get it out of him nobody will.

It didn’t look good. Took him several minutes to walk with the support of two physios from the south stand to the dug out. Looked like an ankle injury, couldn’t seem to put much pressure on it. Real shame as he has a good match. Some nice bits of skill and a well taken goal. Fingers crossed he’ll be back soon.

Was on crutches afterwards. Could be out for a bit.

If you say someone had a good game last night its pointed out that the opposition were not great.

But Ibe is still defended when he was so poor against that same side?

If you say someone had a good game last night its pointed out that the opposition were not great.

But Ibe is still defended when he was so poor against that same side?

The only person in that XI last night that made any kind of effort to show they should be in contention for Saturday, was the only person in that starting XI who would be playing anyway! Fraser was brilliant in seemingly various positions.

Liked the look for Diego Rico, but he didn’t have to show his defensive part of the game apart from one sprint across the pitch to get back into position and two quite nasty lunges.

Lerma, looked like he could be what we want, but hard to judge a defensive minded midfielder in a game that didn’t require us to worry defensively.

To coin a phrase about another number 8 though, he looked like a booking waiting to happen.

Lewis Cook unfortunately continued where he left off Saturday.

King and Brooks looked bright.

Defoe, never going to work with us. We just don’t play the way he needs to get the best out of him.

;