AFC Bournemouth v Queens Park Rangers

billythekid

UTC Legend
We Could See A Few Goals In This Game

What a way to start a two home game period with a 3-0 win against Barnsley. The Cherries were never really troubled by this Barnsley side and the result made up for our 2-3 defeat at Dean Court last season. Two goals from Jordan Zemura and another from Dominic Solanke sealed the win. The stats told the story, AFCB had 64% of the possession, 14 attempts on goal against Barnsley’s 2, AFCB had 8 on target, Barnsley had none. The Cherries are 5th in the table on 12 points. West Brom with 14 points replace Fulham at the top of the league. Scott Parker is building a team around experienced players and younger ones and it seems to be a good recipe. Tuesday night should be a harder game, with QPR unbeaten as well, also won 3 and drawn 3 like AFCB. The Cherries are joint second top scorers at home with 7 goals in 3 games, QPR are top scorers away with 9 goals in 3 games.

As mentioned above, our second home game in a row at Dean Court is against Queens Park Rangers on Tuesday night at 7.45 pm and it’s being shown live on Sky. Mark Warburton’s team had a good finish to the 2020-21 season winning four out of five games, the other was a defeat at home agains the side who finished top of the league, Norwich City. Warburton’s team finished in 9th place on 68 points, four places and 10 points better than the previous season, his first season in charge. QPR have been busy in the Summer transfer window with a number of new players being signed including loans. Also a number have left the club including some going out on loan.

QPR have carried on where they left off last season in a rich vein of form with three wins and three draws. Their first game was a 1-1 draw with fellow London club Millwall. They then had two away victories beating Hull City 0-3 and Middlesbrough 2-3. Back at Loftus Road for their next two home games, one was a 2-2 draw with our recent visitors to Dean Court Barnsley, the other game was a 2-0 victory over Coventry City. Their most recent game was away at Reading which ended in a 3-3 draw, Reading were 3-1 in the lead in the 77th minute, but the London side fought back to score two goals. QPR are 4th in the table with same number of points and 6 goal difference as AFCB.

On their last visit to Dean Court in October 2020, QPR and AFCB drew 0-0.

In all our home league games against Queens Park Rangers, AFCB have W 20, D 8, L 9.
All competitions, AFCB have W 27, D 15, L 34.

AFCB Team News
Seems a clean bill of health after the game against Barnsley, think David Brooks recovered ok after his first half injury when he went down banging his hands on the turf as if it was a bad injury. We will have to wait to see if Scott Parker shuffles his pack for Tuesday night.

AFCB Player To Watch
After his performance against Barnsley it has to be Jordan Zemura, let’s hope he can carry on where he left off on Saturday.

QPR Team News
Lee Wallace is recovering from a hamstring injury and missed the game at Reading. Otherwise they should have leading scorer Lyndon Dykes back.

QPR Player To Watch
Their Scottish striker Lyndon Dykes, leading scorer last season with 12 goals and joint top with assists with 5. This season has scored in last 3 league games and the only 2 goals scored in the World Cup qualifying games for Scotland, first at home against Moldova 1-0 and away against Austria 0-1. He was rested for the game on Saturday at Reading after being on international duty recently. In defence Robert Dickie their central defender. In midfield, Illias Chair.

Referee
Keith Stroud.

Last season at home for the League Cup game with Palace.
In the Championship our home win against Rotherham United.

In our away games, wins at Barnsley and Millwall, both with AFCB scoring 4 goals.

Last edited:
This is going to be a real barometer reading. Up to now Parker's had a hotch-potch squad to pick from, 10 out injured or suspended and no new players brought in.

That finally changed for the weekend and so now he has strength and depth.

Barnsley are a side in flux so it's hard to read too much into what was an excellent performance from us. However, QPR have started the season well and so, no matter where they finish come the season end, right here and now it's a tough match.

I'm really looking forward to it. I have high hopes, and am further hoping they won't be dashed.

Qpr shown a lot of character, have the ability to come back despite losing matches.

Will Parker rotate after Saturday? I hope we keep the same starting xi but use the subs early if struggling.

Qpr shown a lot of character, have the ability to come back despite losing matches.

Will Parker rotate after Saturday? I hope we keep the same starting xi but use the subs early if struggling.
I think the crucial thing for us to find out is what is our best starting line up. With all the new signings it will take a while for them to gel, get confidence in their team mates, work out the best formation etc.
If we can hit the ground running with them and integrate them quickly then we are in for a very good season. Saturday was an excellent start.

The starting eleven against Barnsley will be high on confidence. I reckon to start with the same but be prepared to change things early if needed. But then again I'm not a manager and haven't seen QPR play this season.
:utc::utc::utc:

I think the crucial thing for us to find out is what is our best starting line up. With all the new signings it will take a while for them to gel, get confidence in their team mates, work out the best formation etc.
If we can hit the ground running with them and integrate them quickly then we are in for a very good season. Saturday was an excellent start.

agree, not sure Pearson Lerma and billing at the same time is necessarily the best combination but great to see options off the bench on Saturday

Scott Parker said the team that started the game had been at Dean Court for training during the international break so knew what the tactics were for the Barnsley game.

Seemed a wise decision on his part to start a team used to playing together.

agree, not sure Pearson Lerma and billing at the same time is necessarily the best combination but great to see options off the bench on Saturday

I know what you mean, but I quite like it in theory. Particularly with the options we have on the bench to change things if needed. Incredibly solid midfield area for this division, plus Cook and Christie to compete for those places.

We have so much depth in throughout the squad and following the deadline signings, players returning from injury and Saturdays performance, really excited for the season ahead.

Can Cahill cope with 3 games in a week that is the key? Billing seemed to have a problem with his foot during the game so could be rested.

I think we'll probably see the same line up on Tuesday as we did Saturday... If Billing has an issue then Christie will be the natural replacement for him... I like Billing and he seems to be enjoying his football at the minute, but he's going to need to be on his toes for every minute of every game if he wants to keep that attacking midfielder role...

Christie's arrival reminds me of Elphick's comments on the podcast recently, when Gus Poyet signed a new CB for BHA and then told Elphick and the other CB. "This new guy has come to play" so the shirt is yours to lose... but one mistake and you'll lose it..." Part of me feels this could be the case with Billing...

Christie did look sharp when he came on and I doubt he'll have left Parkhead to sit on our bench...

I think we'll probably see the same line up on Tuesday as we did Saturday... If Billing has an issue then Christie will be the natural replacement for him... I like Billing and he seems to be enjoying his football at the minute, but he's going to need to be on his toes for every minute of every game if he wants to keep that attacking midfielder role...

Christie's arrival reminds me of Elphick's comments on the podcast recently, when Gus Poyet signed a new CB for BHA and then told Elphick and the other CB. "This new guy has come to play" so the shirt is yours to lose... but one mistake and you'll lose it..." Part of me feels this could be the case with Billing...

Christie did look sharp when he came on and I doubt he'll have left Parkhead to sit on our bench...

Yeah, bit like how Daniels kept finding another gear when we signed supposedly better left backs.

Billing hasn;t had much competition in that role over the past season, so hopefully this will sharpen his focus and we'll see more consistency from him. He's immense player/threat at this level in that position when on his game.

I know what you mean, but I quite like it in theory. Particularly with the options we have on the bench to change things if needed. Incredibly solid midfield area for this division, plus Cook and Christie to compete for those places.

We have so much depth in throughout the squad and following the deadline signings, players returning from injury and Saturdays performance, really excited for the season ahead.

think away from home gives us great protection but maybe needs to mix it up a bit with Marcondes/christie against teams sitting deep. Nice problem to have

;