AFC Bournemouth v Queens Park Rangers

It's a bit rich coming from a QPR fan tbf.
Yep, but come on, from where YOU were compared to from where we were... Press narrative is always "plucky little Bournemouth", but you had (have?) serious, serious funds there. The money did you far better than it did us though...

Yep, but come on, from where YOU were compared to from where we were... Press narrative is always "plucky little Bournemouth", but you had (have?) serious, serious funds there. The money did you far better than it did us though...
Our net spend over the last 2 seasons is about minus 100m quid. Plenty was spent on players we could later sell if and when we needed. A lot of QPRs spending as you'll know well was pure batshit mental!

As you’ll probably appreciate the press narrative is often b******s. We were a fairytale until they decided to pull it down.

But for some clarification.

There was no “serious funds” when we avoided relegation to the Conference with -17 points. There was however Eddie Howe.

There was no “serious funds” when we achieved promotion from League Two the following season. There was a 12+ month transfer embargo however, oh and Eddie Howe.

The “serious funds” had us in the relegation places of League One and 21 points behind the promotion places, until guess what, Eddie Howe returned and promotion just 6 months later.

In the Championship those “serious funds” amounted to us having the fifth highest wage bill in the division when we won the league and spent a whopping £3million on Callum Wilson (after selling Lewis Grabban for £3million), we did however have Eddie Howe.

As you’ll probably appreciate the press narrative is often b******s. We were a fairytale until they decided to pull it down.

There was no “serious funds” when we avoided relegation to the Conference with -17 points. There was however Eddie Howe.

There was no “serious funds” when we achieved promotion from League Two the following season. There was a 12+ month transfer embargo however, oh and Eddie Howe.

The “serious funds” had us in the relegation places of League One and 21 points behind the promotion places, until guess what, Eddie Howe returned and promotion just 6 months later.

In the Championship those “serious funds” amounted to us having the fifth highest wage bill in the division when we won the league and spent a whopping £3million on Callum Wilson (after selling Lewis Grabban for £3million), we did however have Eddie Howe.
:clap:
Couldn’t have put it better myself. Great post and totally hits the nail on the head, although I don’t blame the QPR fan for not knowing that. He seems like a decent fellow and probably knows no better, which is understandable.

Not as bad as the Barnsley fan who reckons we have spent 130m in the last year :ROFLMAO:

So you are saying, a club in the bottom 2 on NYE with a transfer embargo (having won 6 in a row the previous season to still be relegated with -10 points), starting with -17 points, stayed up, and then got promoted the following season still under embargo and spent nothing? Not £1bn? That can't be right. We bought 3 promotions

Hello again. Nice to see you are in a better place than the last time we played you; things did not look too good for you after our game at our place last season. You must be favourites for tomorrow despite our away form. We have started leaking goals again (it will always happen under Warburton), it's on Sky and Lord Maximus Farquaad is the referee. He's from Hampshire you know (which is why he likes you lot) and is a Loootown fan (which is why he hates us so much) and we have history.

Secret to the game for us will be in and around the Chair Willock combination. They are electric together and if they click, we'll continue our scoring form, but still think you'll score more.

It'll be my first visit to your place since we played a pre-season friendly down there some years ago (way, way before you got the money that took you on your journey) and my son's first visit.

Hoping for a result, fearing it'll be our run that ends...

you were on a good run at the end of last season - is this season keeping the momentum or has the team strengthened much?

I wouldn’t write off rangers too soon - this season seem to have some fight and self belief to rescue points from losing positions

part of zemura’s success is the partnership with Anthony, but like Daniels and Pugh (but with younger legs!)
So we want to see Jordan kick the the corner flag and from Jaidon a Cruyff turn. There must be a song for Jaidon and Jordan somewhere :band2:

Still unbeaten in this Championship campaign, Bournemouth ended a three-game winless run in all competitions with a dominant 3-0 win over Barnsley last weekend.
That victory now makes it their joint-best start to a league campaign after six matches (12 points) in the past 11 years,:clap: as they look to justify their billing as one of the favourites to get promoted.

Clearly eager to avoid another promotion playoff for the right reasons, the ‘Cherries’ have been impressive starters this season, managing a clean sheet at HT in their last five league games. Bournemouth are also yet to concede first this league season, a fate which they’ve also avoided in seven of their last nine Championship home matches.

A stoppage-time equaliser completed Queens Park Rangers’ comeback 3-3 draw with Reading last round, maintaining their own unbeaten start to the Championship season (W3, D3). Encouragingly for QPR historians, both of the Rs’ previous two Championship promotion seasons also saw them unbeaten at this point of the season.
The draw at Reading stopped QPR’s Championship winning streak away from home at five, but they’ve netted the match opener in six of their last seven Championship road trips. QPR have also scored nine goals in their three away league games, meaning that they’ve already tallied 36% of their away goals from the entire last campaign!

Players to watch: Dominic Solanke has scored three of Bournemouth’s last five Championship home goals, both times scoring their second goal. Meanwhile, QPR’s star turn could come from Chris Willock, who has netted both of his Championship goals on the road this season.

Hot stat: The home side of the day has won seven of the last ten competitive H2Hs.

If Parker wants to keep the same 11 that's fine by me .....the only one I'd worry about is Cahill tbh....as I said we'll definitely need him on Saturday.
I think we always need him, an experienced head and will soon get used to our style of play. I read somewhere that he does not close mark opponents but certain areas on the pitch....but whatever, I think he's an asset to our team.
UTC

funny hearing zemura had a goal celebration prepared but forgot to do it in the excitement of actually scoring
Yep, he was really bursting with excitement after his goals, not surprising after he scored 2 of the 3 goals he had hoped for this season. I hope he scores his 3rd soon but he is sure to be a marked lad now and it won't be long now before some 'wise old head' will be out to crock him, some 'accidently on purpose tackle' will damage him...if they can catch him! I am no pessimist but that is the way it seems to go in football these days.
UTC

We Could See A Few Goals In This Game

What a way to start a two home game period with a 3-0 win against Barnsley. The Cherries were never really troubled by this Barnsley side and the result made up for our 2-3 defeat at Dean Court last season. Two goals from Jordan Zemura and another from Dominic Solanke sealed the win. The stats told the story, AFCB had 64% of the possession, 14 attempts on goal against Barnsley’s 2, AFCB had 8 on target, Barnsley had none. The Cherries are 5th in the table on 12 points. West Brom with 14 points replace Fulham at the top of the league. Scott Parker is building a team around experienced players and younger ones and it seems to be a good recipe. Tuesday night should be a harder game, with QPR unbeaten as well, also won 3 and drawn 3 like AFCB. The Cherries are joint second top scorers at home with 7 goals in 3 games, QPR are top scorers away with 9 goals in 3 games.

As mentioned above, our second home game in a row at Dean Court is against Queens Park Rangers on Tuesday night at 7.45 pm and it’s being shown live on Sky. Mark Warburton’s team had a good finish to the 2020-21 season winning four out of five games, the other was a defeat at home agains the side who finished top of the league, Norwich City. Warburton’s team finished in 9th place on 68 points, four places and 10 points better than the previous season, his first season in charge. QPR have been busy in the Summer transfer window with a number of new players being signed including loans. Also a number have left the club including some going out on loan.

QPR have carried on where they left off last season in a rich vein of form with three wins and three draws. Their first game was a 1-1 draw with fellow London club Millwall. They then had two away victories beating Hull City 0-3 and Middlesbrough 2-3. Back at Loftus Road for their next two home games, one was a 2-2 draw with our recent visitors to Dean Court Barnsley, the other game was a 2-0 victory over Coventry City. Their most recent game was away at Reading which ended in a 3-3 draw, Reading were 3-1 in the lead in the 77th minute, but the London side fought back to score two goals. QPR are 4th in the table with same number of points and 6 goal difference as AFCB.

On their last visit to Dean Court in October 2020, QPR and AFCB drew 0-0.

In all our home league games against Queens Park Rangers, AFCB have W 20, D 8, L 9.
All competitions, AFCB have W 27, D 15, L 34.

AFCB Team News
Seems a clean bill of health after the game against Barnsley, think David Brooks recovered ok after his first half injury when he went down banging his hands on the turf as if it was a bad injury. We will have to wait to see if Scott Parker shuffles his pack for Tuesday night.

AFCB Player To Watch
After his performance against Barnsley it has to be Jordan Zemura, let’s hope he can carry on where he left off on Saturday.

QPR Team News
Lee Wallace is recovering from a hamstring injury and missed the game at Reading. Otherwise they should have leading scorer Lyndon Dykes back.

QPR Player To Watch
Their Scottish striker Lyndon Dykes, leading scorer last season with 12 goals and joint top with assists with 5. This season has scored in last 3 league games and the only 2 goals scored in the World Cup qualifying games for Scotland, first at home against Moldova 1-0 and away against Austria 0-1. He was rested for the game on Saturday at Reading after being on international duty recently. In defence Robert Dickie their central defender. In midfield, Illias Chair.

Referee
Keith Stroud.

Last season at home for the League Cup game with Palace.
In the Championship our home win against Rotherham United.

In our away games, wins at Barnsley and Millwall, both with AFCB scoring 4 goals.
I think Brooks flatters to deceive, he's not my fav and he raises my frustrations. I have uncomplimentary thoughts about him.
UTC.

I don't really understand the concern over Cahill's ability to play consecutive games. I don't know a great deal about him, obviously he's getting on a bit, but does he have a particularly bad injury history?

After seeing us look so composed at the back on Saturday, I'd say he has to start if he's fit.

We Could See A Few Goals In This Game

What a way to start a two home game period with a 3-0 win against Barnsley. The Cherries were never really troubled by this Barnsley side and the result made up for our 2-3 defeat at Dean Court last season. Two goals from Jordan Zemura and another from Dominic Solanke sealed the win. The stats told the story, AFCB had 64% of the possession, 14 attempts on goal against Barnsley’s 2, AFCB had 8 on target, Barnsley had none. The Cherries are 5th in the table on 12 points. West Brom with 14 points replace Fulham at the top of the league. Scott Parker is building a team around experienced players and younger ones and it seems to be a good recipe. Tuesday night should be a harder game, with QPR unbeaten as well, also won 3 and drawn 3 like AFCB. The Cherries are joint second top scorers at home with 7 goals in 3 games, QPR are top scorers away with 9 goals in 3 games.

As mentioned above, our second home game in a row at Dean Court is against Queens Park Rangers on Tuesday night at 7.45 pm and it’s being shown live on Sky. Mark Warburton’s team had a good finish to the 2020-21 season winning four out of five games, the other was a defeat at home agains the side who finished top of the league, Norwich City. Warburton’s team finished in 9th place on 68 points, four places and 10 points better than the previous season, his first season in charge. QPR have been busy in the Summer transfer window with a number of new players being signed including loans. Also a number have left the club including some going out on loan.

QPR have carried on where they left off last season in a rich vein of form with three wins and three draws. Their first game was a 1-1 draw with fellow London club Millwall. They then had two away victories beating Hull City 0-3 and Middlesbrough 2-3. Back at Loftus Road for their next two home games, one was a 2-2 draw with our recent visitors to Dean Court Barnsley, the other game was a 2-0 victory over Coventry City. Their most recent game was away at Reading which ended in a 3-3 draw, Reading were 3-1 in the lead in the 77th minute, but the London side fought back to score two goals. QPR are 4th in the table with same number of points and 6 goal difference as AFCB.

On their last visit to Dean Court in October 2020, QPR and AFCB drew 0-0.

In all our home league games against Queens Park Rangers, AFCB have W 20, D 8, L 9.
All competitions, AFCB have W 27, D 15, L 34.

AFCB Team News
Seems a clean bill of health after the game against Barnsley, think David Brooks recovered ok after his first half injury when he went down banging his hands on the turf as if it was a bad injury. We will have to wait to see if Scott Parker shuffles his pack for Tuesday night.

AFCB Player To Watch
After his performance against Barnsley it has to be Jordan Zemura, let’s hope he can carry on where he left off on Saturday.

QPR Team News
Lee Wallace is recovering from a hamstring injury and missed the game at Reading. Otherwise they should have leading scorer Lyndon Dykes back.

QPR Player To Watch
Their Scottish striker Lyndon Dykes, leading scorer last season with 12 goals and joint top with assists with 5. This season has scored in last 3 league games and the only 2 goals scored in the World Cup qualifying games for Scotland, first at home against Moldova 1-0 and away against Austria 0-1. He was rested for the game on Saturday at Reading after being on international duty recently. In defence Robert Dickie their central defender. In midfield, Illias Chair.

Referee
Keith Stroud.

Last season at home for the League Cup game with Palace.
In the Championship our home win against Rotherham United.

In our away games, wins at Barnsley and Millwall, both with AFCB scoring 4 goals.
At Half time I had worrying thoughts and thought, look out lads, here we go again, but after so many many years of supporting the lads I'm finding it difficult to remember we have a completely new look Manager one who looks as if he can follow in Eddies footprints.
UTC

I don't really understand the concern over Cahill's ability to play consecutive games. I don't know a great deal about him, obviously he's getting on a bit, but does he have a particularly bad injury history?

After seeing us look so composed at the back on Saturday, I'd say he has to start if he's fit.

I think its a default due to his age and previous era's where players over 30 were usually in rapid physical decline.

Thanks to better diets, lifestyle and more science/intelligence around training regimes, it's no longer such an issue. Particularly as he never relied on pace before and no doubt his anticipation, positioning, football intelligence is extremely high having played at the level he did for so long.

I think it's a fair observation to make. His total league and cup appearances over the last three seasons:

2020/21 - 20
2019/20 - 27
2018/19 - 8

Prior to that he was a 40+ appearances a season man but that was a while back and to have the presumption that he can still do it carries risk. I'm not saying he can't but I don't think it's a certainty and believe we may well see some rotation of him. Probably not yet but in time.

;