AFC Bournemouth v Queens Park Rangers

From the MS the Ted Mac Shed seemed to make plenty of noise. Pity the NS didn't pick up "Were from Bournemouth" which we could hear clearly in the MS from the Ted Mac Shack although perhaps many are too young to remember it.

NS did sing that too, and quite loudly if you were in the NS. I think the acoustics of the open stands just means you never fully hear what is coming from elsewhere and what you hear loudest depends where you are sat. In the NS left side you rarely hear the away supporters but you can clearly see they are giving it some as confirmed by those sat in the SS.

We are learning to grind out wins, where last season games may have ended in draws. This could be the difference between automatic promotion and finishing in the play-offs.

Good determined not to lose team performance tonight with two good goals from Anthony and Solanke.

Entertaining game with a hard fought battle between two good sides.

Willock was lucky not to get a red for that kick.

Tonight we can be happy that we are joint top with West Brom on points and goal difference and goals for.

Last edited:
Great atmosphere in the MS tonight. It seems the SS and MS are the new kids on the block. NS is just old news and past it. Even Nonny has migrated to the MS.

I sit in block 3 of MS and it’s often been painful trying to get noise going but this season has got better with each game. Like on the pitch, get some younger, more enthusiastic talent in the crowd too!

Well done for Gary Cahill for acknowledging that part of the ground at the final whistle.

the rousing support to get the team over the lime reminded me of the finish to the qpr 2-1 win back in c 2014 when Harry was in the away dug out.

So how is 'ParkerBall' looking after the last 2 games? Very boring football isn;t it...

Thought Billing did well, seemed to cover a lot of ground. Wonder if the stats back that up.

We also seem to be doing ok with the 'darker arts' side of the game, which is another component that will make us difficult to beat. QPR fans saying we were very streetwise, even dirty. But some acknowledging you need 'street smarts' to be successful.

Zemura and Anthony seem to be getting better and better with each game. They're not just making up the numbers before more seasoned or higher profile pro's come in and can only see them getting better and better. QPR semed more aware of them, but couldn't contain them.

Really excited by what I'm seeing, plus with the depth we have now. We have game changers and options on the bench, last season we seemed to lack that.

Starting to get the air we had about us, like when we got promoted and would go into games confident we'd score and get a result. Something we never really had last season, where odd moments of individual brilliance saved us, rather than really taking it to other teams, dominating them for most of the game. I'd go into most games concerned about what performance would get served up.

Early days but enjoying the feeling, hopefully the good times are back!

Last edited:
Not sure I completely agree. Room for improvement on corners, 100%. But the header from the corner that he saved was really good and powerful. It may not be something that leaves you asking "how did he get to THAT" that the top keepers may pull off, but good keepers will sometimes lose to it and you just say "well done" and lay the blame on the defense letting them get a clean header. Maybe it's a fine line between "expect" and "hope" and we may place it differently. For me, it's in the range of saves I'd hope for a good keeper to make, but not necessarily expect them to make 90% of the time. Anyway, hope he can kick on from here with a bit of confidence.

Agree on the header. What I liked was how hard he pushed it away from danger. There were a few Bego saves last year which were absolutely unbelievable, and none in that category last night but he is clearly a very good shot stopper.

He claimed a few crosses well last night but still flapped at the corner at the end where we got very lucky.

He's improving with every game. It's a gamble backing someone with so little experience as our #1 but so far seems to be working out.

From the MS the Ted Mac Shed seemed to make plenty of noise. Pity the NS didn't pick up "Were from Bournemouth" which we could hear clearly in the MS from the Ted Mac Shack although perhaps many are too young to remember it.
We did start too - too right NS joined in then everyone else ….
Need to get the old songs going again …

NS did sing that too, and quite loudly if you were in the NS. I think the acoustics of the open stands just means you never fully hear what is coming from elsewhere and what you hear loudest depends where you are sat. In the NS left side you rarely hear the away supporters but you can clearly see they are giving it some as confirmed by those sat in the SS.

You’re right about the acoustics- I sit high up to the right of the goal in the NS and we can certainly hear the away fans - very loud again last night .
But so was the TM and we sounded really loud in the NS - a great atmosphere, classic night match .

I think we played with a strong spirit. Some good individual performances but our passing needs to improve.

We did start too - too right NS joined in then everyone else ….
Need to get the old songs going again …
"We're from Bournemouth" was one of those moments where the chant really caught on - seemed to carry on for a few minutes - great stuff!! Atmosphere in Ted Mac shack was great last night. But - as commented already, the noise doesnt travel well, so we heard little of any noise in the other stands.

Thought it was decent at the end and in patches throughout… Ted Shed was most vocal I’ve heard it so great to hear noise coming from the other end, and digging out some of the older songs…

Also pleased to hear ‘Eddie had a dream’ get started by the left side of the NS… Never really understood why it’s been put to bed… It was the one song that was belted out and just cos he’s not here should be no reason to not sing it…
Great to hear Eddie had a dream but was a bit uncomfortable with the Eddie Eddie Eddie Howe song as possibly a bit disrespectful to Parker and the new regimen.

"We're from Bournemouth" was one of those moments where the chant really caught on - seemed to carry on for a few minutes - great stuff!! Atmosphere in Ted Mac shack was great last night. But - as commented already, the noise doesnt travel well, so we heard little of any noise in the other stands.

Tbh, the Ted Shed could be heard quite clearly at times last night... Especially 'We're from Bournemouth'... Always liked that song as it is quite unique to us... Sung a lot more away from home though...

;