AFC Bournemouth v Reading

Man oh man, some guys on here never learn ..... "game over", "Reading the real deal", "they have the players we don't":lol:

.... gotta keep the faith boys, it's a 90 minute game.

Must admit I didn't feel it until we scored the first one ... then we were on our way.

Great result, and still time to get out to the golf course.

I do wish some people would learn to not wet the bed before a match is done! So many comments yet again about how terrible we are, JT is, players are and its only the first half. Its happened often enough now that we learn to be patient and see what happens!
btw, credit to the ref for not blowing for a foul when Dom robbed their keeper. Not saying it was a foul of any kind but you know many officials would have protected the keeper.

I can't celebrate with booze tonight...I'm on tablets to supress an unknown stomach condition..awaiting endoscope in a few weeks!
But for celebration I'm off up the co-op for some Ginger Beer and Choccy Digestives, more Ginger BISCUITS and Custard Creams all made in Berkshire !

When they mention a game of two halves this one fits that bill.

All started with the substitution of Rico bringing Mepham on and switching Kelly to left back.

Then Solanke scored a brace and really deserved his second goal with his determination to win the ball off their goalkeeper.

David Brooks defence splitting pass to Danjuma who put it away well.

The icing on the cake was the superb goal from L Cook after a pass from MOM David Brooks.

We have knocked Reading off the top of the perch and taken their place depending on later results.

I guess we can maybe look to Lewis Cook to ease his way in as Captain eventually...he seems to have caught up with himself this season. That goal will cement his confidence I reckon!

I can't celebrate with booze tonight...I'm on tablets to supress an unknown stomach condition..awaiting endoscope in a few weeks!
But for celebration I'm off up the co-op for some Ginger Beer and Choccy Digestives, more Ginger BISCUITS and Custard Creams all made in Berkshire !
I hope it turns out to be nothing serious Brian. Fingers crossed.
Enjoy those biscuits and your moment of glory ! Cheers !

Blimey oh reilly, haven't seen a turnaround like that since, probably our last time in this division with Millwall or Birmingham. Reading crumbling like the soggy biscuits they are. Love to see it.

Did want to come back and jinx it, but I thought switching Kelly over to LB made an instant difference, so credit Kelly and JT for that. Rico looked miles off the pace, and Kelly strangely looked happier going forward than he did defending.

As soon as Dom poked one back, Reading looked a totally different side. All their tempo ebbed away and we seemed to find more gaps in and around their half.

The Championship certainly is a funny old league.

Note to the referee, we came back against 12 men effectively today. Gave everything to them. So frustrating.

I guess we can maybe look to Lewis Cook to ease his way in as Captain eventually...he seems to have caught up with himself this season. That goal will cement his confidence I reckon!
He has certainly played with confidence in the last few games. It really is starting to look as though all he needed after coming back from injury was a decent run in the team. He’s almost like a new signing, playing as he is now ! Long may it continue. He needs to add goals to his game though ;)

4 excellent goals quick accurate passing to feet
Mepham made a difference in the physical battles kelly better going forward than defending. Solanke getting roughed up from the start bossed the defenders second half.

Good day at the office for the management team.

;