AFC Bournemouth v Sheffield U

Anyone remember the game v Brentford at DC in, I think, 1963 or 1964? Howling wind, David Best takes a goalkick into the wind that flies up and sinks back 25 yards out: Brentford forward volleys past Best. All our defenders were well down the pitch ....

I found this interesting;

“As a manager you never get totally what you want, but in the main we were well backed and supported..."

I wonder if there was someone EH wanted but he was told the fee/wages were too much.

Just a thought. No big conspiracy. I'd love to know who are the ones that got away.

I found this interesting;

“As a manager you never get totally what you want, but in the main we were well backed and supported..."

I wonder if there was someone EH wanted but he was told the fee/wages were too much.

Just a thought. No big conspiracy. I'd love to know who are the ones that got away.

I imagine every manager in the country would say the same....they probably all wanted Messi signed too!

Yes, but I credit Eddie with the intelligence to know that Messi is out of his budget range.

My point is there must be players who EH thinks might be 'getable' but Max can't afford.

Just been watching the use of VAR being shown to Gary Neville at the Liverpool game tonight.

The example was a potential Liverpool player being offside. It showed looking at the various views, it also showed Nathan Ake had just played them onside.

Just been watching the use of VAR being shown to Gary Neville at the Liverpool game tonight.

The example was a potential Liverpool player being offside. It showed looking at the various views, it also showed Nathan Ake had just played them onside.

Shame they didn’t look at the opening Liverpool goals against us last season home and away (scored by salah and mane) that were both offside!

With the Norwich and Aston Villa games being/been shown live on Sky, I wonder if the Sheffield United game will be Sky’s Game of the Day.

All three sides promoted and Norwich and Sheffield U automatically.

Well...Ramsdale....brave choice by Eddie for sure, I am pleased he has gone for it. Not an easy game today for any keeper though with the weather.
Surprised Stacey hasn't made the bench? Only assume its due to the 343 and we need Simpson 'just in case'? Otherwise I thought he'd done well enough to be in the match day squad.
No real surprises on the pitch otherwise I guess, Billing obviously there to be a sh*thouse with Jeff. Harry should get on the pitch at some point, pretty sure.

Surprised no Stacey or Danjuma on the bench. Pleased to see Rico given the nod over Daniels to start. Looking forward to seeing Ramsdale

Not surprised at the team. First game and Eddie has gone for the players who know each other’s way of playing.

Billing is for me a good choice on his form for his previous club last season.

No Mousset for Sheffield United.

;