AFC Bournemouth v Southampton- FA Cup Quarter-Final

..It is obvious that the spirit once held in high regard in the squad under Eddie Howe has fractured. This could be because some of the players he added never really came to terms with their responsibilities to the team?

Most of us probably feel that the unity required to gain success is not there...it appears that we have a few, and I am speculating of course, in the likes of Billing...Danjuma and Rico that just come across as not too bothered in their play at times and maybe they are just too laid back and aloof?

I want to see passion and determination but maybe the lack of crowd has taken that out of some players as they have no abuse being screamed at them from the stands to remind them that this does matter to many!

Recently I have only seen Begovic..Stanislas and Surridge showing that they are actually bothered!...It is often like watching doomed men waiting for some sort of divine intervention going through the motions...we have let go another who I thought cared in Gosling...and so he proved when he came back to Dean Court for his new team!
What, by shouting a lot?

Daniels, Francis, Pugh, Surman and Gosling plus others all gone.

They were part of that AFCB spirit we heard was special.

Unfortunately age, injuries have gradually broken up that team that came through the leagues.

We also heard the Eddie factor used when players came to our club, but that seems to have gone in his last season or two.

I've marked in bold the part which I think will be most crucial in our attempts to reach the playoffs. If at all possible we really should use this time to bond this group of individuals into a team. I appreciate that with COVID our options may be limited but if there are any team building activities at all still available then we should make use of them. I honestly think that creating a good team spirit will help us way more than another twelve hours on the training ground. I would hope that somebody at the club is looking into options for team building/bonding activities.
For me that would be a worthwhile last throw of the dice, it has to be worth a shot.
Approach these last nine games with a common goal and desire and we might just make it. Otherwise just expect more of the same inconsistent and incoherent performances until the season finally fizzles out with a top half finish and nothing more to show for it.

I agree, but I don't think it'll happen. With 9 games left I think some of them are counting the days until they can go.

I'm realising now how important the few of us that could get into the Vitality stadium were before Covid. Our close proximity to the pitch made our role in motivation of the players a key factor in our success. Correspondingly the embarrassment of playing a sh*t game and receiving the "encouragement" from us fans to wake up and get on with it has allowed the shirkers to get away with it. Can't wait for next season and returning to the ground to "contribute" to our performances!

I know he always had the benefit of the crowd, but it really makes me think just how remarkable managers like Ferguson were, to generate the winning spirit in a successive stream of overpaid prima donnas, reconstituting the team several times over. I think we have the same challenge but lack any clue how to make it happen. The malaise appears deeply entrenched.

I know he always had the benefit of the crowd, but it really makes me think just how remarkable managers like Ferguson were, to generate the winning spirit in a successive stream of overpaid prima donnas, reconstituting the team several times over. I think we have the same challenge but lack any clue how to make it happen. The malaise appears deeply entrenched.

Indeed, some suggest its 'easier' being a manager at a big club with loads of money to spend, but it comes with a different set of pressures, problems to deal with.

One thing's for sure, if we keep making these mediocre managerial appointments, the best we can hope for is to keep hanging on for survival at this level, followed by relegation at some point.

I'm hoping the reason we appointed woodgate was due to our primary targets not be available/interested in February (Parker?) and that we show our intent this summer by appointing someone with a decent pedegree/profile.

There is something badly wrong in football generally...I mean Christ..the Manchester United players v Leicester were displaying skills that were no better than you'd see at Truro or Blyth .
I spoke to my daughter and her husband last night..their Swansea Jacks .. had NIL shots on goal v Cardiff...and they described them as 'useless' and 'not bothered ' .. and they have 69 points ! Weird ! I apologised to them for Boscombe's vastly superior squad annihilating their poor sods on Tuesday !

Footballers have no professionalism any more..its about banking money only..and fans are parting with hard earned cash to watch them ' turn out in expensive kit but turn in a cheap performance!
Its a f√cking disgrace...up and down the country !
F√cking pre-match 'huddles'. huggy kissy culture.. ..f√ck-off with that sh*t .
Get some bloody 1950s shirts and roll the bloody sleeves up !

Pick the sh*t out of that!

Gods:
Best...Farmer...Jones....McGarry...Nelson ..Bolton...Bumstead ... Bain.. Thompson... Archer... Coxon( what a player). Tommy Godwin and the 57 crew...
Woollard..Standley..Crickmore ( he could play Rugby league and Cricket too..and was a referee and part- time Fireman) )
Roy Gateraaaaagh!,.. Dowsett... ..Gledstone... Jimmy Singer...Charlie Woods...Weller..Hold..KeithEast!..Clark 1 Clark 2
McDougall...Boyer....Powell...Groves !!! ..Gulliver...Stocks...Cave.. Sainty... .. Spackman ..Bishop..Cooke....O' Driscoll...O' Connor....O' Pugh ...O' Pitman....
Bird...Marsden ...Sanaghan ...Blair.. McGibbon..Eyre...apologies to many more left out....Any team picked from that lot would have turned South Hampton into North Hampton..( Respect to the Cobblers)
You missed 2 of my big heroes ! Denis Coughlin and Dick Keith but you’re forgiven, just this once.

Quite honestly I really think if we were in some way to get promoted we would be one of the worst teams ever in the premier League. I’m torn because I want my team that I have supported for 56 seasons to go up but feel that this particular Bournemouth team are just a group of individuals who really don’t care who they are playing for as long as they get their inflated salaries and can drive around in their posh cars. So sad after the euphoria of the Eddie Howe years.

Quite honestly I really think if we were in some way to get promoted we would be one of the worst teams ever in the premier League. I’m torn because I want my team that I have supported for 56 seasons to go up but feel that this particular Bournemouth team are just a group of individuals who really don’t care who they are playing for as long as they get their inflated salaries and can drive around in their posh cars. So sad after the euphoria of the Eddie Howe years.
This 100%

It hasn’t yet got me to the point of not caring; however, with everything else happening in the world, I have to say the disappointments aren’t bothering me as much

Why should I care? None of them do, and it’s all down to them. If they just want to turn up and not perform on a regular basis because they’re sulking about not being in the EPL any more, there’s nothing I can do about it. I can’t even shout at them.

I care because I’ve spent 50 years caring. I care because of the ups, downs, downs and downs we’ve been through in that time.

I’m just sick of the pathetic performances and even more pathetic excuses.

I just hope this group of players don’t totally put me off in the end.

Steve Cook now sounds like a T-1000 every article as they also primarily failed to do their job and John Connor survived. He needs to start acting human again.

You'd think these players would have learned all they possibly could do from yet another half-arsed performance. Maybe we need to try something different.

My idea is to let the fans back in the ground... then they'll fucking learn something that's for sure.

You'd think these players would have learned all they possibly could do from yet another half-arsed performance. Maybe we need to try something different.

My idea is to let the fans back in the ground... then they'll fucking learn something that's for sure.

Yeah that's what I alluding to on the Players thread, they do still fear the fans because it's real and staring them right in the face.

;