AFC Bournemouth v Southampton- FA Cup Quarter-Final

....seen worse tbh....like Blyth...Barnet and Crawley.

However we do need to ditch most of these players before we can enjoy watching AFCB again IMO

...and I am not writing off the season....but come on are we really good enough for the play offs let alone winning them?

What a depressing performance....not a single positive....the entire back 4 is a joke....not one of them is PL level....
Solanke is just an average Championship striker.....Wilshere and Billing were completely out of their depth......difficult to comment on Woodgates tactics because I've no idea what they were.
Whatever tactics wouldn’t have made a difference as the quality between us was massive .
2nd goal hurt us and 3rd killed us .

Whatever tactics wouldn’t have made a difference as the quality between us was massive .
2nd goal hurt us and 3rd killed us .

Ultimately that’s probably true. But at least if we didn’t play with a competition winner at left back it might not quite have been so embarrassing.

Ultimately that’s probably true. But at least if we didn’t play with a competition winner at left back it might not quite have been so embarrassing.
It would have to be a pretty sh1te competition for him to win it tbf.

Mepham at left centre back and Danjuma wing back was.... interesting. Shape was a mess.

Game was lost the moment before half time when Rico and Cook screwed up. A shame, but given our lack of options today probably game a couple of weeks later than ideal.
Spot on. Go in at half time 0-1 and we have a chance. Rico’s time has to be up in the summer if we can find a buyer.

Also thought Riquelme was poor, today showed how much we now rely on Stanislas. Thought we missed Lerma in the middle of the park too.

Let’s hope a few are back in 2 weeks time and we can give the play offs a half decent shot.

That's what I mean .....I can't think of an explanation or any sort of reasoning for that or us being reduced to playing Billing and Wilshere as a two man midfield.....it's just mind boggling that someone actually gets paid for making those sort of decisions.
The assumption was that Pearson was rested against Swansea as Jeff was suspended today.
But to take him off beggers belief, basically nothing in midfield defensively, wasn't like any of the forward players were doing anything

....seen worse tbh....like Blyth...Barnet and Crawley.

However we do need to ditch most of these players before we can enjoy watching AFCB again IMO

...and I am not writing off the season....but come on are we really good enough for the play offs let alone winning them?

No we’re not . We could scrape in but let’s be completely honest if we do it will be at the expense of a team that works harder and wants it more .. if we did make it it will be because the squad was bought with PL millions not through any togetherness, attitude or brilliant management .

Rico’s time has to be up in the summer if we can find a buyer.

He was supposedly on his way home when we bought Kelly until an inury meant him staying.

A fit Kelly and available Lerma today and we'd possibly have given them at least a bit of a game.

Somewhat disappointed that BT spent 84 minutes licking scum ar5e before finally admitting we had 6(six) first-team players missing.

I wonder if Rico, when he was subbed off, told JW he'd played a blinder there because he was having a bit of a 'mare ?

( would have been a nice in-joke if he'd listened to the JW podcast this week )

:rofl:

Just got back.

Well, we didn't turn up. The gulf between the two teams was pretty embarrassing.
Gulf in class in cup games can be overcome by grit and determination unfortunately not players just jogging round the pitch and just generally looking not bothered! if ever a game needed an Elphick or a Pearce at the back for us in their prime then this was it...players who would ‘die’ for the team defending and laying into those around them!

;