AFC Bournemouth v West Brom

I thought the two centre halves were very good . Not having the biggest back 4 they dealt with a lot of balls coming into the box .

Maybe I'm being harsh on Mepham but I thought he was ok not amazing, the Brentford game has perhaps shaded my judgement a bit but I think he needs to be matching Kelly for retribution.

When they drop down from the PL..they always get back fairly quickly..a yoyo club..too good/big for Championship but struggle in the PL. ...surely you know that!
Lol we must have a different interpretation of the word 'usual'..
.how many times have they been in the Championship in recent memory?..we also obviously have a different idea of what waltzing the league entails.....they had to rely on Barnsley beating Brentford on the last day to snatch second .

I suppose one thing that was noticeable today was the collective team effort was on a more level footing.

Last few years we've been used to having a player heavily outperforming the rest like Ake in the PL or Begovic and Danjuma last season whereas it was quite balanced today and Kelly just about gets MOM for the experience of dealing with dangerous attackers but we will need some standouts like those two to get us into the playoffs.

Kilkenny promising and could be much more effective alongside a muscular midfielder (Lerma? Pearson?).

Solanke isolated throughout the game - Parker needs a recruit upfront or a new strategy if he’s to stick with Dom.

Travers kicked long throughout the game - is this direction from Parker? He also seemed glued to the line - he needs to come for crosses and demonstrate greater confidence.

Respect to the fans tonight - put on a good show from the first minute.

Wow...now that's an interesting take. Kilkenny to me was my man if the match. I won't pick on the young players but he was certainly much better than the others.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion. 2nd half really struggled and I;m not having a go at youngsters and overall I'm happy, Anthony and Zemura both got an assist each, it's just my opinion aswell but I think we missed Pearson, Lerma in CM today.

Kilkenny promising and could be much more effective alongside a muscular midfielder (Lerma? Pearson?).

Solanke isolated throughout the game - Parker needs a recruit upfront or a new strategy if he’s to stick with Dom.

Travers kicked long throughout the game - is this direction from Parker? He also seemed glued to the line - he needs to come for crosses and demonstrate greater confidence.

Night league games are always better for atmosphere.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion. 2nd half really struggled and I;m not having a go at youngsters and overall I'm happy, Anthony and Zemura both got an assist each, it's just my opinion aswell but I think we missed Pearson, Lerma in CM today.

The weakest of the youngsters though?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210806_233943.jpg
    Screenshot_20210806_233943.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 30
Kilkenny my man of the match…thought Meps and Smith did okay too..we do need a more experienced GK as Travers looks not quite ready yet IMO…agree Solanke too isolated up top on his own..WBA a solid and robust team so happy with the point even though we gave up twice being in front…would have been different with Stacey..the two Cooks, Pearson, Lerma and Danjuma!…WBA will be in the promotion mix… great to get the night time vibe back with a full house and that is the most important thing for AFCB…well done Scott and the team

The weakest of the youngsters though?

Only 3 choices for MOM though? I reckon less than 5% of that twitter poll were at the match.
With respect to the 3 who started tonight they're all only 1 year younger than Lloyd Kelly who has played in the PL and is vastly Championship experienced so if you look at it that way it's a big year for them to make the impact.

I think that Travers went long rather than play out because of their high press. The problem was that Dom was always up against 2 or 3 of their giants when this happened. I understand why Anthony and Brooks stayed so far wide against this opposition but Dom had no support not even from Billing or Marcondes. I don't see Parker playing this way every game and it will be interesting to see how other clubs set up against West Brom.

Only 3 choices for MOM though? I reckon less than 5% of that twitter poll were at the match.
With respect to the 3 who started tonight they're all only 1 year younger than Lloyd Kelly who has played in the PL and is vastly Championship experienced so if you look at it that way it's a big year for them to make the impact.

They could have watched the game on sky to have an opinion? And of the 3 choices, one of them was one of the other youngsters?

Kilkenny was excellent.

Think it was a point gained tonight despite leading twice - afcb looked more like a committed team which is a big step forward. Tough start to the season so think the youngsters did well. However not enough passing on the deck to get Dom and brooks into the game. Did feel we looked vulnerable at the back.

Still, plenty of positives from the opening game against a team that will be pushing for promotion. Just need the home support to step up their efforts as it was too quiet for long periods imho.

Think it was a point gained tonight despite leading twice - afcb looked more like a committed team which is a big step forward. Tough start to the season so think the youngsters did well. However not enough passing on the deck to get Dom and brooks into the game. Did feel we looked vulnerable at the back.

Still, plenty of positives from the opening game against a team that will be pushing for promotion. Just need the home support to step up their efforts as it was too quiet for long periods imho.
From where I was sat the atmosphere was one of the best I've heard for a while

This is a rebuild. Three players making their League debuts v a team who have just come down is impressive. I liked that we looked like a team. There was great energy and we mostly played on the front foot. Good to see.

One thing that was odd. Goal kicks saw 4 players on the touchline. Zamura, Anthony, Brooks and Smith all hugging the white line. Never seen anything like it.

It often meant the ball was lofted up to Solanke who had noone within 20 yards.

Brooks is wasted out wide, would rather see him closer to the middle.

Plenty to work on for sure, but also plenty to admire.

;