AFC Bournemouth v Wolves

when did we last put a complete 90 minute performance in after an international break?!
We haven’t put many 90 mins together this season but Everton was probably the best after an international break.

Last season the 4-2 against Leicester was just after the break. The 4-0 against Chelsea wasn’t technically an international break but was after an ‘Out the FA Cup’ break!

So who plays the 10 role?....Solankie...HW or Danjuma?......or will Eddie match up Wolves with our own 343.....I think we played quite a funky formation against them at their place due to injuries...I know we lost but I thought we played well.

So who plays the 10 role?....Solankie...HW or Danjuma?......or will Eddie match up Wolves with our own 343.....I think we played quite a funky formation against them at their place due to injuries...I know we lost but I thought we played well.

Only you saw that game. The rest of us will have to take your word for it as our eyelids had frozen shut and anytime we managed to prize them open we either saw horizontal sleet or Tyrone Mings auditioning for Strictly come dancing.

Good Home League Record Against Wolves

Before the international break and the trip away to Newcastle, our side had not conceded any goals in the previous three games. That all changed up in the North East when AFCB after taking an early lead conceded two goals and made the long trip back South for the second season without any points. After the international break the Cherries are back at Dean Court to face Wolverhampton Wanderers (Wolves) in the Premier League.

The Wolves manager is Portuguese Nuno Espirito Santo, he is in his third season in charge. Last season his first in the Premier League, Wolves beat Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham amongst others to finish in 7th place. So far in our two games against Wolves in the Premier League, the Wolves manager has the upper hand over Eddie Howe, with Wolves winning 1 and drawing 1.

In the Summer Wolves signed on-loan striker Raúl Jiménez on a permanent contract from Benfica for a club record fee of £30 million. Another striker Patrick Cutrone from AC Milan for £23 million. Another player who had been on loan but signed a permanent deal is midfielder Leander Dendoncker from Anderlecht for an undisclosed fee. Also on undisclosed fees are four players, two players from Braga, forward Pedro Neto and midfielder Bruno Jordao. Striker Renat Dadashov from Estoril, he has gone on loan back to Portugal to join Pacos de Ferreira and midfielder Meritan Shabani from Bayern Munich. On loan from Real Madrid, centre back Jesus Vallejo.

Being in the Europa League has resulted in a mixed start to Wolves league season. They drew their first three league games, away at Leicester then two home fixtures against Manchester United and Burnley. This was followed with two defeats, away at Everton and a 2-5 result against Chelsea. Results improved and they drew away against Crystal Palace, this was followed with two wins. First at home against Watford, then taking the scalp of last season’s Champions Manchester City on their own ground 0-2. The next three games ended in 1-1 draws, at home against Southampton and two away games against Newcastle United and Arsenal. In their last game before the international break they beat Aston Villa in a drab televised game. Wolves are in 8th place in the table with 16 points, the same number of points as the Cherries who are in 9th place on 1 GD.

The last time we met Wolves in the league was in February of this year at Dean Court. The game ended in a 1-1 draw, both goals came from the penalty spot. The Cherries could have taken all 3 points if Josh King had put another penalty away, but he put it wide. The penalties and one or two other decisions given by referee Roger East were the subject of debate after the game, including another penalty not given to Wolves.
In all our four league games against Wolves at Dean Court, AFCB have W 2, D 2, L 0. In all competitions home and away, AFCB have W 6, D 3, L 3.

AFCB Team News
We have four players out with knee injuries. Junior Stanislas and Charlie Daniels have been out for a while. On the injury website Andrew Surman is mentioned as a possible return this Saturday, so we will have to see if that is the case. Ryan Fraser is also expected to return from injury which made him withdraw from the Scotland squad recently. David Brooks has been missing with an ankle injury and according to reports in our local paper he has not started training yet, but our manager hopes to have him back within a month. Lloyd Kelly has been out with a thigh injury. The latest injury is Josh King with a hamstring strain. Jefferson Lerma returns after suspension which made him miss the away defeat at Newcastle.

AFCB Player To Watch
Was going to go for Josh King, but with him being injured will hope after he came back from England duty (didn’t play), we will see a different Callum Wilson from when he returned from the previous international break. We need Callum to find his old touch again. Another player is Ryan Fraser, hope he can find his old form again and continue the successful partnership of last season with Callum Wilson.

Wolves Team News
On the injury front they have three players out. Willy Boly with a broken fibula. Adama Traore was injured in the recent game against Aston Villa and had to withdraw from the Spanish squad. He has been having treatment for a hamstring injury. Morgan Gibbs-White has been out of the side with a lower back injury.

Wolves Player To Watch
Raúl Jiménez their Mexican number 9 is leading scorer with 5 goals, also has 2 assists. He has scored in his last two games in the Premier League. He scored a goal in both games against us last season.

cherrybright

Look like it has been confirmed that we will be without Lerma and King against Wolves as Lerma played against Ecuador Wednesday night and will have to travel back and so will be over tired (like last time). King is confirmed as injured. Without these two this will mean another loss on Saturday followed by a likely humiliation away at Spurs who will be out to impress Mourinho. God help us!

bless him

cherrybright

Look like it has been confirmed that we will be without Lerma and King against Wolves as Lerma played against Ecuador Wednesday night and will have to travel back and so will be over tired (like last time). King is confirmed as injured. Without these two this will mean another loss on Saturday followed by a likely humiliation away at Spurs who will be out to impress Mourinho. God help us!

bless him
All his posts are based on reality and realism. This means that it is most likely going to be accurate. Good day to you.

cherrybright

bless him

I can’t believe he has missed the chance to talk about Liverpool being up after that....

cherrybright

bless him

Lucky we've got gosling back then.......

I can never quite understand how players can be so 'tired' after flying back from internationals. It's not as if they have to flap their arms to fly. They'll be sitting in a luxury chair on a plane, eating nice food, drinking nice drinks, whilst playing Fortnite (or whatever they are now into). If they hadn't been on international duty they'd be doing exactly the same, but sitting in a luxury chair somewhere in Canford Cliffs instead.
i.e. Lerma will start against Wolves.

I reckon Solanke is going to break his duck tomorrow... got a feeling in my water. Spell out of the side working on getting into goalscoring positions and think he will pop up at the far post for one.
I have that same feeling.....although i used to have the same optimism of a fantastic performance from Ibe.....so i'd expect in reality Solanke will do his usual running around a bit before unleashing a pea roller straight at the keeper.

;