AFCB Bournemouth v Bristol City - 10 Games To Go

We have better players than them no doubt. We have better players than Peterborough, Preston and Boreham Wood too though. All three played with a back 5 and we looked pretty incapable of threatening their goal.

so, if we're going to be incapable of threatening their goal you're expecting us not to have any shots (on target) at all, for the whole 90 plus minutes.....?

and you wonder why everyone laughs at you and can't take anything you say seriously.....

Peterborough lost their last 18 away games before we played them, conceding an average of about 145 goals a game. Not sure how you can be so confident. They will set up with a back three/five and look to shut up shop. We have demonstrated time and time again that under Parker we have no answer to this. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if we lose this one nil.
No answer!? Did we lose at their place? Did they play some rubbish formation?

How quickly the sins of the past get forgotten! In the 2nd half vs Peterborough we were a disgrace except one moment of brilliance from Christie. 2 shots on target all game, we were turgid.

We've kicked on since then. Hudders was a massive step up, so hopefully that continues, but Waz stating that just because we are a better team doesn't mean we won't struggle is hardly ridiculous given past evidence.

Hadn’t forgotten - was pointing out we weren’t repelled by a blanket defence. First half was creative vs posh but 2nd half we didn’t kick on after the goal (Similar first half/second half profile to hull game). I have been consistent in my comments from the final whistle re Peterborough game: first half had a lot of creativity (just not clinical) but zero after the equaliser.

i am not sure that was due to deep defending but more a lack of belief in afcb players. Same at Luton when we got back to 2-2 and Reading second half. We sat back but SP says he didn’t want that to happen so I don’t think it’s parkerball tbh.

Last edited:
2014-15 Championship winning season, after 36 games AFCB had 66 points, that was after our 1-5 win at Fulham and Scott Parker wore the number 8 shirt.

Going into today’s games we are 3 points better off with 69 points.

So in my book Scott Parker is doing something right.

so, if we're going to be incapable of threatening their goal you're expecting us not to have any shots (on target) at all, for the whole 90 plus minutes.....?

and you wonder why everyone laughs at you and can't take anything you say seriously.....
‘Pretty incapable,’ not ‘totally incapable.’ We will have a few shots on target but my fear is that we will not be able to threaten their goal anywhere near enough to get a win today. But you carry on deliberately twisting my quotes to suit your narrative.

The only thing I wonder is about why you put so much time into constantly trying to belittle another poster on an Internet forum. No need to respond, I know what you’re going to say, ‘show me the betting slip,’ ‘is it half term ect.’ I have my opinions and you have yours. The fact that you are clearly so invested in this dynamic is very sad.

No answer!? Did we lose at their place? Did they play some rubbish formation?
They played a four at the back at their place, they will inevitably play with a three today. Against a four we are able to create overloads out wide and Solanke doesn’t become isolated. Against a three/five neither is the case and we are often unable to threaten for large periods.

When was the last time we fielded an unchanged team? It can't have happened often this season. However, given the performance last time out, that has to be favourite for the starting line up as long as Travers is fit.

waz has been on the BCFC training pitch all week as hired help for nigel pearson, sharing his profound knowledge of the five at the back formation with their defenders

our forwards won't get a sniff this afternoon....

:rofl:
Let’s see how we do. I’m not sure why you believe I need to have a tactical knowledge to make the observation that we struggle to create against a back three/five. You just have to look at the performances/results against sides that set up this way:

-Preston H- lost 2-1
-Preston A- lost 2-1
-Hull A- drew 0-0
-Hull H lost 1-0
-Peterborough A- drew 0-0
-Peterborough H- drew 1-1
-Boreham Wood H- lost 1-0
-Middlesbrough A- lost 1-0
-Blackburn H- lost 2-0
-Birmingham A- won 2-0
-Millwall A- drew 1-1
-WBA H drew 2-2

The two anomalies that spring to mind are:
-Cardiff H- won 3-0
-Stoke H- won 2-1
In both of these games we created very little up until both of our opponents had a man sent off. We were largely stifled and outplayed by bang average opponents up until that point. Vs Cardiff we were 1-0 up through an incredibly fortunate deflected strike.

Swansea also played with a back 3/5 against us but in a very unique way, they left spaces galore for us to exploit.

Now I assume that you were at all of these games? Can you honestly say that you felt like we were a consistent attacking threat throughout the majority of them?

Please try to respond without just making a derogatory slur as it doesn’t really add anything.

Last edited:
It’s interesting to compare these results to results/performances against teams who played with a back four-

-Sheffield U H- won 2-1
-Forest A- won 2-1
-Fulham A drew 1-1
-Luton H won 2-1
-Luton A lost 3-2
-Huddersfield H won 3-0
-Huddersfield A won 3-0
-Reading A won 2-0
-Reading H drew 1-1
-Derby H won 2-0
-Derby A lost 3-2
-Bristol city A won 2-0
-Blackpool H drew 2-2
Blackpool A won 2-1

Can anybody who has been to all of our games this season honestly say that we weren’t a lot more threatening in this second set of fixtures I’ve just listed. I’m no tactical genius, I just use my eyes. We struggle massively vs a back 5 as opposed to a 4. Nearly all of our remaining opponents will play a 5, this is where the pessimism comes from.

Let’s see how we do. I’m not sure why you believe I need to have a tactical knowledge to make the observation that we struggle to create against a back three/five. You just have to look at the performances/results against sides that set up this way:

-Preston H- lost 2-1
-Preston A- lost 2-1
-Hull A- drew 0-0
-Hull H lost 1-0
-Peterborough A- drew 0-0
-Peterborough H- drew 1-1
-Boreham Wood H- lost 1-0
-Middlesbrough A- lost 1-0
-Blackburn H- lost 2-0
-Birmingham A- won 2-0
-Millwall A- drew 1-1
-WBA H drew 2-2

The two anomalies that spring to mind are:
-Cardiff H- won 3-0
-Stoke H- won 2-1
In both of these games we created very little up until both of our opponents had a man sent off. We were largely stifled and outplayed by bang average opponents up until that point. Vs Cardiff we were 1-0 up through an incredibly fortunate deflected strike.

Swansea also played with a back 3/5 against us but in a very unique way, they left spaces galore for us to exploit.

Now I assume that you were at all of these games? Can you honestly say that you felt like we were a consistent attacking threat throughout the majority of them?

Please try to respond without just making a derogatory slur as it doesn’t really add anything.

another pointless diatribe
"The fact that you are clearly so invested in this dynamic is very sad"
you couldn't make it up

:rofl:

The only thing I wonder is about why you put so much time into constantly trying to belittle another poster on an Internet forum. No need to respond, I know what you’re going to say, ‘show me the betting slip,’ ‘is it half term ect.’ I have my opinions and you have yours. The fact that you are clearly so invested in this dynamic is very sad.

why do I go to so much trouble?
it really is no trouble :LOL:

[and I hate bedwetters and bullshitters]

;