AFCB Player of the decade

Steve Cook.

A long way ahead of the competition.

Brett or Pughie too close to call for the runner up spot

I'm sorry but Pitman can't be anywhere near the list for 2010s, he was only with us 2-3 of those years and as good as he was for us, it was the previous decade where he was most vital.

I will agree with you on Steve Cook though.

Harry Arter has to be a contender, surely ? Such a shame that he left us under a bit of a cloud, but his contribution was immense.

It has to be Steve Cook. He has been with us for almost the entire period and has got better season by season. There have been drops in form and injuries along the way, plus being on the end of some right trouncings, but he has always been resolute and bounced back stronger.

And I struggle to think of any centre back who has scored as many such spectacular goals as Cookie.

Simon Francis or Steve Cook. Think they encapsulate perfectly the journey the club has been on this decade. Cooky is the better player but I would give it to Francis on the basis we had relatively low expectations of him having signed for about 20k against a backdrop of criticism from Charlton fans and claims that he was signed on the basis of being Lee Bradbury’s mate, now one of the few old guard that EH has retained and continues to rely upon when needed.

Ibe? He did score against arsenal.

Seriously though... Here are some contenders.

Pugh, Franno, Cook and Daniels are the obvious ones for me. Some for leadership and some for magical moments.

Shouldn't we be discussing this next year as the decade ends on 31st December 2020.
That's an old chestnut EtV. It depends if you're measuring or counting. With the passing of time I reckon you are measuring. Look at a ruler - it starts at 0 and the tenth unit ends at 10.

That's an old chestnut EtV. It depends if you're measuring or counting. With the passing of time I reckon you are measuring. Look at a ruler - it starts at 0 and the tenth unit ends at 10.

When I buy a bag of 10 chestnuts, I don't want to open it and find only 9!

;