AFCB v West Ham

Disgusting ref decision with the Brooks penalty denied,
VAR would of given it. Callum was offside and interfering with play for Ake's goal.
A nice win even if we did only have 39% of the possession.
A good way for Eddie to celebrate his 10 years as the manager.
One win needed now with 15 to play.

Agree with most everything above. Can't remember who called a 5-0 win earlier this week? Could have been that, Ake goal Callum just a whisker offside; Wee man wide open and Josh missed the pass; and two posts.
And a clean sheet for Boruc.
And a win for Yank Cherry.
And 3 points off 7th place.
And a 10 day break to revel in it all.
Oh happy day, happy day.
Well I did ! :clap:
We got lucky with Carroll‘s miss to be fair but Boruc had a pretty quiet game overall. We defended as a team and got plenty of blocks in to make the keeper‘s life easier.

Last edited:
Really good result today. Should steady the buffs etc.

See I said Mr Gulet was premature with his alternative view last week. :grinning:

Wel that was a relief when our second goal went in.

Thought we played well today, great goal by Callum and what a ball from Ryan just before he went down.

Glad Josh got on the score sheet as well.

We kept a clean sheet as well, well done Artur.

First time West Ham have never scored against us as well in all our games over the years.

Thanks CB. As you know, I never check the forum during a game so just saw this a few minutes ago. I did some poking around and did come up with Arsenal-Chelsea. It does seem trickier to find, I wonder if they will become more and more diligent as time goes on.
No coverage of the AFCB games on TSN until March now.
Don't they like us?

Not having seen any part of the game....is the clean sheet because Boruc played [ I only heard about a couple of saves he needed to make? ] or is that the team defended better than recently to limit chances?

And the penalty claim??

Wel that was a relief when our second goal went in.

Thought we played well today, great goal by Callum and what a ball from Ryan just before he went down.

Glad Josh got on the score sheet as well.

We kept a clean sheet as well, well done Artur.

First time West Ham have never scored against us as well in all our games over the years.

The ref should of booked the guy who hacked Fraser down when he crossed the ball.
A nice double over the Hammers.

Not having seen any part of the game....is the clean sheet because Boruc played [ I only heard about a couple of saves he needed to make? ] or is that the team defended better than recently to limit chances?

And the penalty claim??
Boruc didn't have a lot to do but did everything he had to do well ....nailed on penalty....i don't think we're ever getting another one.

And the penalty claim??
A penalty all day long, it was shown from all angles on the tv.
No wonder that ref has only been in charge 4 times.

There were parallels with the Everton game. Neither team really on top for the majority of the game. A big miss and then go down a goal. Then a second late in the half

And the penalty claim??

He didn’t have a lot to do , nearly F’ed up right near the end with a really bad clearance but was generally ok .

The foul on Brooke’s could have easily been given as a pen ,not sure if the defender got any of the ball ..if he did should have been a corner surely .

We have a few difficult fixtures in the next 6..but Cardiff away and Wolves home among them..4 points at least from them and maybe 1 from Chelsea or MC at home? ..brings up 35. but then an average to easy run in of 9 games with the long awaited bonus 3 points v Spurs.which would yield about 15 + further points giving 50 or plus ? ..so basically anything between 7th and 12th is likely!
I'm guessing 9th or 10th barring no more telling injuries!

;