AFCB v West Ham

TBH this is going to be a tough one to call. Having lived in Bournemouth most of my life and been a season ticket holder at various points in my life, it's the one game of the season I genuinely don't mind seeing go either way. As a WHU season ticket holder and lifelong fan I have a huge soft spot for Bournemouth. Love the way they play the game and enjoy the the atmosphere at DC. I'll be there Saturday 60/40 wanting the Irons to win but just enjoying the day. Wouldn't surprise me at all if CW didn't play (with all the rumours of us Cheski and now that horrible North London team showing an interest.

2-2 my guess

So you are going to break the mould of 3 goals that figures in our games at Dean Court.

That will be the form that has seen them lose to Burnley, draw with Brighton and get a narrow win over an out of form Arsenal in their last three PL fixtures. You mean that form ?

Unfortunately, yes I do mean that form as they will be up against a side that has lost 7 out of their last 9 games. A draw looks very likely.

So you agree with anyoldirons 2-2 predicted scoreline BUT have you not taken into consideration our current list of injuries and players playing even though out of form?
In addition to the injury problems we have Wilsons head will no doubt of been turned, hence his focus cannot be in the right place. Eddie will surely protect him from another serious injury OF which could potentially scupper a 75M deal.
With all this reality in mind and knowing we do not have anyone that can possibly score us a goal my conclusion is anyoldirons & your 2-2 prediction is out of the question unless WHU score a couple own goals!

I bid you a good morn.
....there, I just corrected that for you ;)
:utc:

Last edited:
I think we will win this 3-2 or 3-1. A draw and I'm still happy.

But...If we are looking at a possible defeat with abject performance....there will be anger on here and from fans at DC. The early season Euphoria has carried us along through the stalling of Stadium progress and effect of injuries.....but continued lack of communication from the owners, possible effect of transfer talk around Ake and Wilson, some players showing more effort than others is all starting to bite!
Sometimes although we are immensely proud of our club and recent achievements it can be difficult to maintain the Positivity at a high level!

Down here in Cornwall there are large networks of exiles of other PL clubs....who gather at screens for most PL games!
I endure more banter than most......for example about 10 of them absolutely roaring with laughter when I mentioned Solanke signing for us : 'Crocked crock Of S##t' was one comment...the size of DC is the main Gag, relentless, like we don't belong......I don't hide though...our style of football and a few times when we've stuffed one of them makes it worth it! .. TBF, we get some decent respect from the more intelligent types!
A win on Saturday can put the Top Ten finish back on the agenda...and the Gloom Mafia back to Introspection Mode !:smoke:

Last edited:
Another Goal Fest?

The Cherries suffered another defeat on the road, this time against Everton. There were encouraging signs with our sides first half performance, but AFCB didn’t get the rub of the green or any points. AFCB are back home at Dean Court on Saturday with a normal 3 pm kick off. The visitors are West Ham, in our three Premier League games against them at Dean Court so far, there have been 15 goals. Then the Cherries have a ten day break before their next game again at Dean Court on Wednesday 30th January 7.45 pm against Chelsea. This is due to the FA Cup Fourth Round matches the week before.

West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini had a tough start to his new job, with his side losing their opening four Premier League games, three of which were in August. Away to Liverpool 4-0. Then our away game there which we won 1-2. The Hammers next game was an all London affair away to Arsenal which they lost 3-1.

September started with their fourth defeat in a row, 0-1 at home against Wolves. Things improved after this and they gained their first win away to Everton 1-3. Then back home at the London Stadium the visitors were another London club Chelsea, the game ended in a 0-0 draw. West Ham finished the month with another home game, beating Manchester United 3-1.

October started with two defeats, first away against Brighton 1-0. Then another all London game at home against Spurs, losing by the only goal of the game. Next it was a visit to Leicester City where they gained a point in a 1-1 draw.

November’s three games, were a WDL. The win was a 4-2 against Burnley. The draw was away at Huddersfield, it finished 1-1. Last game of the month was at home, West Ham suffered their heaviest defeat at home so far, 0-4 against Manchester City.

The busy December month started with four straight wins, scoring eleven goals, conceding three. The first game was up in the North East against Newcastle United, West Ham won 0-3. Then they had two home games, first against Cardiff City which finished 3-1. Next it was against the first of two London clubs, they beat Crystal Palace 3-2, then travelled to Fulham where they won 0-2. The winning run ended in their next game at the London Stadium, losing 0-2 against Watford. The next two games ended in a 1-2 win away at Southampton and a 2-0 defeat against Burnley. The year ended with West Ham in 11th place with 27 points after 20 games. The Cherries were one place and one point behind them. Now, West Ham 9th on 31 points, four points more than 12th placed AFCB.

The New Year started with two home matches, 2-2 draw against Brighton and in their last game, a 1-0 win over Arsenal.

So far in our home Premier League games at Dean Court we have LWD against West Ham. 2015-16, it ended 1-3 in favour of West Ham. 2016-17, it finished 3-2, our first ever home win against West Ham in any competition. 2017-18, who can forget that Boxing Day cracker which finished 3-3. In all league games at home, AFCB have W1, D2, L1.
In all competitions, AFCB have W3, D4, L5.

Six Game Form Guide in the Premier League – Starting with latest game first:

AFCB LDLLWL – West Ham WDLWLW

Home Form Table
AFCB – 9th P11 W5 D3 L3 GF19 GA17 Pts18

Away Form Table
West Ham – 10th P10 W4 D2 L4 GF13 GA14 Pts14

AFCB Team News
Apart from the long term injuries to Simon Francis and Lewis Cook. Dominic Solanke not expected back until next month from a hamstring injury. Callum Wilson missed recent games with a hamstring injury, could be back for Saturday.

AFCB Player To Watch
At home with the form he has been showing must be David Brooks.

West Ham Team News
West Ham have nine players on the injury list, the highest in the Premier League. Marko Arnautovic with a back injury, slight doubt. Fabian Balbuena knee injury. Javier Hernandez back injury. Jack Wilshere ankle injury (hopes to be back in 2 weeks). Ryan Fredericks ankle injury. Andriy Yarmolenko achilles injury. Carlos Sanchez knee injury. Manuel Lanzini ACL knee injury. Winston Reid knee injury. On transfer rumours, if Marko Arnautovic leaves to go to play in China, West Ham have been linked with our own Callum Wilson to replace him.

West Ham Player To Watch
Felipe Anderson the Brazilian midfield player, been showing good form for West Ham, he is a strong all round player and scores goals. Marko Arnautovic the big Austrian striker has to be another, but may not start (see above team news). Samir Nasri after a long time out, played 71 minutes against Arsenal in the last game and made the assist for their goal scored by Rice. Declan Rice another promising youngster for the Hammers.

...the one thing with us is that as each game comes along we don't know what will happen....all I know is that we require probably four more wins to secure another 'dream season' of PL football....if we get one on Saturday then it will only be three, with still the likes of Fulham, Huddersfield, Cardiff City, Burnley and Southampton to play....the season is drifting a bit and the motivation levels are slipping amongst the fans with many negative posts being posted...personally I can't wait for it all to be over this year so we can re-group with a freshened up squad! ( Injuries to key players have wrecked our season somewhat IMO)

Interesting comment from the West Ham manager.

Manuel Pellegrini does not think Marko Arnautovic will refuse to play for West Ham in an attempt to force a big-money move to China.

Sky Sports News understands Shanghai SIPG had a £35m bid rejected for the Austria international, with the Hammers unwilling to let Arnautovic go just 12 months after joining the club.

"How is his mood? When you have such a high offer everyone wants to leave," said Pellegrini.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-ham-to-force-transfer-says-manuel-pellegrini

In London! At bus station looking for any west ham fans to hammer on my way to Bournemouth!

When you arrive at Bournemouth Coach station, the railway station and taxis are opposite.

At the top of the road is Holdenhurst Road, to the left and roughly 1 mile down that road is Dean Court. It is in Kings Park.

Hope you see a good game, they normally are full of goals against West Ham down here.

Have a safe journey.

When you arrive at Bournemouth Coach station, the railway station and taxis are opposite.

At the top of the road is Holdenhurst Road, to the left and roughly 1 mile down that road is Dean Court. It is in Kings Park.

Hope you see a good game, they normally are full of goals against West Ham down here.

Have a safe journey.

don't be too put off by your first view of bournemouth when you arrive at the bus station...... it gets worse nearer the ground :)

:utc:

Fitness update on COWS from Eddie.

Wilson resumed light training earlier this week and was expected to have another session today before Howe finalises his squad for the visit of the Hammers (3pm).

Asked for an update on Wilson’s fitness at his pre-match press conference this morning, Howe said: “He’s been on the grass once this week and we will make a very late call on him.”

And asked whether Wilson may be fit enough to start or be named on the bench, Howe replied: “It’s difficult to know because we still have a training session today. You have to be very careful with hamstring injuries.”

Apart from long-term injuries to Simon Francis and Lewis Cook, Howe reported no fresh concerns following the defeat at Goodison Park.

;