AFCB Women

Overall a great season. Only saw two at DC which quite enjoyed. The later of the two v Keynsham was 1-1 (if memory serves me right) didn't do us any favours in the end in the League.

Hopefully AFCB can keep the team together so the success can be built on. Assume we will lose a few of the youngsters as they go off to uni. Forget some are so young

Good luck to Bournemouth Ladies team for next season

Overall a great season. Only saw two at DC which quite enjoyed. The later of the two v Keynsham was 1-1 (if memory serves me right) didn't do us any favours in the end in the League.

Hopefully AFCB can keep the team together so the success can be built on. Assume we will lose a few of the youngsters as they go off to uni. Forget some are so young

Good luck to Bournemouth Ladies team for next season
Compared to the rest of the league we're a class above so it all hinges on the quality of the side coming down.

Surely if they are to develop the women's game then they need to look at the promotion relegation set up... Having just one up and one down is ridiculous... If anything just introduce a play off of some sort, to allow the leagues to become more competitive and exciting.

Doesn't have to be a full blown system like the men's game, as I am assuming that the standard throughout the league(s) is not that consistent at the level we are in... But to go an entire season and just have one spot that means anything seems a bit harsh to me...

Surely if they are to develop the women's game then they need to look at the promotion relegation set up... Having just one up and one down is ridiculous... If anything just introduce a play off of some sort, to allow the leagues to become more competitive and exciting.

Doesn't have to be a full blown system like the men's game, as I am assuming that the standard throughout the league(s) is not that consistent at the level we are in... But to go an entire season and just have one spot that means anything seems a bit harsh to me...

It’s because it’s regionalised. We’re south west and there’s one promotion spot. There’s also south east with one promotion spot and two sides get relegated from the southern premier.

Chatham Town and London Bees were relegated, so I assume like in non league football, someone will be moved from the south east to south west for next season as both of those need to slot into the east division.

It’s all a bit clunky, just as it is in the men’s game.

It’s because it’s regionalised. We’re south west and there’s one promotion spot. There’s also south east with one promotion spot and two sides get relegated from the southern premier.

Chatham Town and London Bees were relegated, so I assume like in non league football, someone will be moved from the south east to south west for next season as both of those need to slot into the east division.

It’s all a bit clunky, just as it is in the men’s game.
Chesham the most likely to be moved across apparently. Not a hugely strong side, finished 9th of 12 in the South East league.
Bournemouth Sports & Bristol Rovers coming up, replacing Selsey & Torquay.

On paper, you'd think that opens us up to rip through the league next season, but you can never tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ
Does anyone have any thoughts on who the women’s team might be signing in the summer?
I wouldn't be surprised if we tried to make Kelci Bowers loan into a permanent deal.

Aside from that I have no idea. Main hope is to keep as many of our players as possible, the vast majority could absolutely play the league above with no trouble.

I know it's supposed to be 'In All Departments' and all that but this is where I find it difficult to throw my support behind one club over another. Are we supposed to cheer for the Billionaire funded AFCB Bournemouth over the amateur Bournemouth Sports?

Go on then, in which sport is it a hindrance?

Or, put it another way. In which sport do women outperform men in? As in could beat them? (On regular basis).
Calm down, I don’t think I ever said they could! It just looks like I didn’t see the context of your comment. Didn’t realise you were talking about men v women.

I know it's supposed to be 'In All Departments' and all that but this is where I find it difficult to throw my support behind one club over another. Are we supposed to cheer for the Billionaire funded AFCB Bournemouth over the amateur Bournemouth Sports?
Yes, lol.

I appreciate your point of course, but the Billionaire funded one is the one I have an emotional attachment to.

Yes, lol.

I appreciate your point of course, but the Billionaire funded one is the one I have an emotional attachment to.

I would absolutely be 100% cheering on AFCB in your circumstances, the real test is if she transferred to Southampton :throw:

Reactions: Mdl

Or, put it another way. In which sport do women outperform men in? As in could beat them? (On regular basis).
Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? I can't think of many sports where men and women compete directly (there will be some, none I watch,) so it's a pointless debate in my opinion.

And no, I don't think that women can, in general, compete with men on a physical basis in many sports.

You can only go for sports where men take on women, Female champions in Free diving, equestrian events like dressage and show jumping, shooting is another.
Not sure why Curling and Bowles are not mixed.

I doubt it's a hindrance though.

Although I can recall Phil taykor saying his game suffered when he lost weight/ate healthier.

Generally if you're strong snd fast... in good shape, healthy lifestyle etc I'm struggling to see how it's hindrance versus weaker/slower or less 'healthy' opponents.

I'm not talking about strong as in being a pro footballer and weighing 20 stone, like a bodybuilder or nfl linebacker.

Obviously carrying too much extra weight compared to peers will likely go against you. As a footballer your agility, balance etc will suffer. Plus breathing out of your **************** due to all the extra weight. Football requires athleticism.

Has to be a limit.

You can only go for sports where men take on women, Female champions in Free diving, equestrian events like dressage and show jumping, shooting is another.
Not sure why Curling and Bowles are not mixed.

Equestrian is a great shout.

Was up at royal Windsor horse show recently and women compete abd beat men at high level.

Plus woman won gold cup and the national within months a couple of years back iirc.

Something to do with hip alignment works in women's favour iirc?

Still, one he'll of a feat winning those two races. Very demanding physically I imagine?

Horse ridings intrsting as seems to be something women are more interested in. Yet top level of racing has been dominated by men?

Haven't seen one boy/man ride at various local stables my daughter rides at.

;