AFCB XI against QPR

DJ

Now the internationals are out of the way, any thoughts on Tindall's selection for this weekend?

Regardless of what happens with Josh King he can't be involved in my view, he will either be gone, or clearly be somewhere he doesn't want to be (maybe both!), so leave him out.

Did I read that Jefferson Lerma would be travelling back a bit late as well?

I think Lerma won't start anyway given the long distances involved and the fact we have four first team CM, even if he probably has been the best of the bunch so far this season.

Begovic

Mepham
S Cook
Rico

Stacey
A Smith

L Cook
Gosling
Billing

Danjuma
Solanke

Subs:
Surridge
Brooks
Ofoborh
Lerma
Simpson
Kelly (if ready, otherwise Zemura)
Travers

Could be pretty thin on the ground for this

Lerma often doesn't feature when he's traveled back from South America.

Questions over the fitness of Mepham and Brooks, plus Kelly previously injured. Could Rico and Simpson play in the same back 3, I doubt it.

Stanislas out, no idea what's going on with King, and I'm not sure you'd throw Riquelme straight in from the start.

It just underlines how inactive we've been in the transfer window.

A lot of questions of the fitness of Brooks, Mepham, Jeff travelling back late, Stan, Kelly, King (who knows).

If they are all out I would guess -

Begovic

Cook
Simpson
Rico

Stacey
Smith

Cook
Billing
Gosling

Danjuma
Solanke

Could chuck Ofoborh in the back 3 to keep Cook central, and maybe take out Billing if another wide man is fit or Riquelme is ready.

I personally like the balance we saw at Coventry with the midfield 3, however we have such attacking talent (when available) it would be good to try and fit them all in. We can only do this by dropping the extra man in the middle which we've seen gets us over run at times. Or we drop the back 3 and go to a 4-3-3 which we have the personnel for.

Will be an interesting line up and last few days of the window!

think...

Begovic

Stacey
Cook
Mepham
Rico

Smith
Gosling
L Cook
Riquelme

Surridge
Solanke

Subs:
Travers
Billing
Danjuma (if fit?)
Simpson
Ofoborh
Zemura
Kilkenny

..think Lerma will be rested after his journey back from South America, and it would make sense to do that IMO
...just wonder if Kelly and Stanislas are close to returning?

Is this the right thread to ask if we need another thread about the Q.P.R. match or should I start a thread asking if we need so many threads about the Q.P.R. match but then someone might also start a thread about needing so many threads about the Q.P.R. match, we could end up with a thread about how many threads we need, could be like this sentence never ending and pointless : )

;