Benik Afobe

Maybe a way of pushing the purchase into 2019 - for FFP as kirskikka suggested?
Also, maybe there are conditions to the "obligation" (e.g. if he sustains a catastrophic injury, joins a terrorist organization, etc.)

NP Echo

Understand Benik Afobe's permanent move to #scfc from #wwfc in January will trigger a sell on for #afcb. Decent bit of business.

I hear he's getting a tow-bar fitted to his car, then he can take a caravan with him as he tours the midland's football clubs. He can also have a lie down when he's feeling a bit emotional : )

Afobe : "I want to play with Wolves in the Premier League"
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/benik-afobe-i-want-to-be-with-wolves-in-premier-league-mzdgdxkxt

giphy.gif

tosser...

I feel for Afobe though.
Maybe this will give him something to prove. Will be interesting to see what he can do in the Championship this season.

I feel for Afobe though.
Maybe this will give him something to prove. Will be interesting to see what he can do in the Championship this season.

He forced the move from Wolves to us, with his team mates speaking out against him after being there for about a season.

He stayed with us for two years putting in increasingly poor performances until forcing a move "home" to Wolves.

It's easy to forget with the "home" talk and the fickle Wolves fans that he actually left under quite the cloud.

This is a good lesson that being a Premier League player is a privilege and you can't go around throwing tantrums to get what you want. Feels like a healthy dose of karma to me.

Best thing for Benik now would be to stop giving media interviews and start banging in a few goals for Stoke. I have a feeling he's going to do very well this season - Gary Rowett is a good manager.

Eddie Howe is a good manager.........
Yes, but I think that Benik is one of those guys who excels at Championship level, but just can't quite cut it at PL level. Bit like Grabbs, maybe. Given the right set-up, I'm sure that Benik will do great. I certainly hope so.

“I asked, ‘What if I’m the best player in pre-season, every single training session, every single friendly I play?’
I think he answered his own question...good luck to him at Stoke, I hope he bangs them in for them, but he is not a PL striker.

;