After Burnley thread.

Really enjoyed the day out/adventure oop to sunny sunny Burnley ( can't believe the weather was so much better up there than down here ). Very good minibus ride up and back, arrived 2 hours before ko, got back same time as the coaches ( normally 30 mins to an hour behind ). saw a very "happy" Eamon Holmes at the services ( must have been the rise in value of Sky shares not Manu's performance ). No wonder Rob liked the journey, the driver had not only heard of Motorhead, he'd been to see them back in the day : ) Oh, and we had very good company on the minibus : )

Had plenty of time to try the local cuisine, Di's Diner didn't let us (me) down. Pie, chips, mushy peas and gravy £4-95 ( bit dearer than May and they've lost their ramp over he threshold ). I like visiting Burnley very friendly people but I do notice a difference with the stewards. At a lot of clubs they're fans of other local clubs, in Burnley, they are all Burnley supporters. Sarcastic, can't believe we're 5th in the League ( pre match) and that was the "Happy to help, disabled liaison guy". Not complaining, all part of the day out. They had a mobile Changing Places Room ( a larger than normal, specially equipped loo ). It was parked on a slope, I wheeled the Good Lady in, turned around to lock the door, turn back and she was bumping into the far wall : ) Again not complaining, just an observation, it's one of the few improvements they've made with their 1/4 £billion Prem money.

Haven't left myself long to reflect on the match but you all seem to have seen it : ) Not a classic A.F.C.B performance, ended 4-0 could have been our day and ended up 0-1 or more, it's football, that's why we go, it's what we love about the game : )

Over all, up at 3-00 am back into bed at 2-00 am, knackered all day, 4-0 lose to Sean Dyche but still (mainly) happy memories : )

Ps Good to talk to, Nigel from the coaches and Erik ( seemed quite blissful after his "Bennie's and warms" ) : )

Last edited:
Arsenal moved above us now...in what seems a benchmark position for us in the table. The table looks very realistic apart from Watford a little too high...and Saints must have Altitude Sickness way up there in 14th!

I reckon we should've had 10 -12 pens this season. Take off my cherry tinted specs and I reckon it's still 6-8. More often than not the commentators tend to agree with me on the coverage I've got over here.

;