After Burnley thread.

Was a bit odd to see Fraser left, then right, then central, then deep, then right again. And the same with Brooks and King. Everyone just seemed everywhere, this time in a bad way.

Odd game and once again some slightly perplexing squad choices. Was Eddie trying to be too clever by selecting to counter their threats? Should he worry about us and get us to play our way and give THEM something to think about?

Very disappointing afternoon given the opposition, both team's positions, the whinging manager and the missed opportunity for our England lads.

Was a bit odd to see Fraser left, then right, then central, then deep, then right again. And the same with Brooks and King. Everyone just seemed everywhere, this time in a bad way.

Odd game and once again some slightly perplexing squad choices. Was Eddie trying to be too clever by selecting to counter their threats? Should he worry about us and get us to play our way and give THEM something to think about?

Very disappointing afternoon given the opposition, both team's positions, the whinging manager and the missed opportunity for our England lads.

Howe got himself in a right muddle today. Obviously plan A went to pot, ok that happens. Then his attempts to correct course were confused and incoherent .

Howe got himself in a right muddle today. Obviously plan A went to pot, ok that happens. Then his attempts to correct course were confused and incoherent .
Not sure I agree. 2nd half after the formation change, we totally dominated. We were vulnerable toward the end pressing for a goal though and some defensive dementia on our part gifted them a couple more.

Not sure I agree. 2nd half after the formation change, we totally dominated. We were vulnerable toward the end pressing for a goal though and some defensive dementia on our part gifted them a couple more.
We started to dominate possession yes, but it was all in areas Burnley were comfortable with. They absolutely loved us looking down the flanks and wacking crosses in for their CBs. We could do that all week and we'd never win a header. It was the wrong way to try getting back in the game.

Once Burley had a couple of goals cushion they were able to defend in numbers and a pretty deep 2 banks of 4. The space wasnt there for us to exploit and as I think most would agree we struggle to break down defences like that , as do most teams.
The passing was a bit stuttering from the off and didnt quite have the same fluidity as last week.
As Eddie said in his post match we had chances to dictate the game but didnt happen today. It did for Burnley who I would say looked a bit more prepared to go the extra mile.

Fraser in particular has done this in games already this season, in particular against Franchise where everyone waxed lyrical about his performance despite the opposition.

The “problem” with playing a fluid system is when some are having an off day it’s highlighted more than in a more traditional system.

Same with a passing game. If the side played more direct it can give a player a chance to hide.

No one can hide with our style and system. So when we are poor, we’re often very poor.

Another day, it clicks and we look like world beaters. That’s football.

I was only listening today because circumstance, but this is something I've often thought about Eddie. He drills the team so very hard on making sure plan a is perfect that changing to a plan b doesn't always come off. The 3 vs 4 at the back I think the players know well enough, but other changes to shape or personnel often look like they lead to confusion

Once Burley had a couple of goals cushion they were able to defend in numbers and a pretty deep 2 banks of 4. The space wasnt there for us to exploit and as I think most would agree we struggle to break down defences like that , as do most teams.
The passing was a bit stuttering from the off and didnt quite have the same fluidity as last week.
As Eddie said in his post match we had chances to dictate the game but didnt happen today. It did for Burnley who I would say looked a bit more prepared to go the extra mile.
I think in situations like these we need people who can tee it up from outside the box. Lerma has looked like he can do this, but unluckily put it just over the bar. I can't remember though how many times one of our players had the ball in acres of space centrally, just outside their box, but didn't shoot.
If they know we never shoot, they can bank on our passes getting lost under the bus.

We played like Kate BURLEY!

;