Ages of today's starting XI

kirsikka

UTC Legend
It really is starting to feel like this is a PL team not only for now but also for the future as well. Looking at the starting team today:

Begovic - 31

Francis - 33
S Cook - 27
Ake - 23
A Smith - 27

Brooks - 21
Lerma - 23
L Cook - 21
Fraser - 24

King - 26
Wilson - 26

Everyone there could easily still be a PL starter in five seasons time apart from Francis and that midfield in particular looks to have many, many years in it (if we can keep hold of them!).

Even Francis is a little bit of a fudge. He's played well the last two matches and deserves to keep his place but it seems clear A Smith is now in front of him to get into the side and so if Rico can gel into our style and get into the side then... we're set for some time.

The way EH and JT have evolved the team is really looking more and more masterful all the time. Yet another chapeau in their direction.

According to some on here they will all be at St Mary’s next season so I wouldn’t allow yourself any happiness...;)

It’s very interesting to see that. You forget how young Wilson, S.Cook, Smith, King, Fraser are it feels like because they’ve been around years for us they are older

Willo said when you reach 28 the doors open and everything becomes easier. So we should be European Champions in 3 to 5 years

Very impressive progressive squad building over many transfer windows, evolution not revolution slowing shifting the old guard without upsetting the balance of the squad.

Perhaps the next couple of transfer windows will come along and we won't be needing to spend quite so much and some investment could be made elsewhere...

Very impressive progressive squad building over many transfer windows, evolution not revolution slowing shifting the old guard without upsetting the balance of the squad.

Perhaps the next couple of transfer windows will come along and we won't be needing to spend quite so much and some investment could be made elsewhere...

Boardroom bonuses?

I was thinking along the same lines when I saw this. Plus, if we pick up a few million selling along a player or two who has become redundant .... It seems so easy to see a positive outcome, but frustrating to have to wait for it to happen ..... Some headway on the training facility would seem to make most on here happy, create the "legacy" both physically and in player development potential, and would check one of the boss' boxes. Then, some modest additions to the capacity at DC. And, fix the "empty seats" issue. God, all so very doable .....

It’s very interesting to see that. You forget how young Wilson, S.Cook, Smith, King, Fraser are it feels like because they’ve been around years for us they are older

Agree certainly with Cook, seemed already like quite a mature established player when he joined us and he’s been here donkeys years.

At one time the team sheet would of had players that had come up through our youth system.

Be good to see that again, if we can unearth another player from within like Brooks. L Cook etc.

Brooks is 21? :eek!:

Like policemen, they just look younger and younger these days.
I agree, last time I was home, I got stopped by Mr Plod. They looked like a couple of 15 year old kids. Me being who I am, had to ask how old they were. It didn't go down well. Lucky I hadn't been drink driving. But they tested me anyway. The thing that pissed me off was they kept calling me Sir when they knew my name.

;