Ake - Man City £40 million?

blandford_cherry

UTC Legend
Both stories stem from a speculative piece in L’Equipe, a French sports paper. How do I know it was a speculative piece? Because L’Equipe used a question mark (“Ake’ to Man City?”) and because the article said Ake’ could be of interest to City. Bingo! That becomes Man City have targeted him and offered £40 million in the dinlo UK press.

To assess how realistic this is, you have to ask yourself, why would a Paris based French paper have an inside track on the transfer plans of the Catalan management team at Manchester City? The Catalans hate the French. The last thing they are going to do is to cosy up to them to gossip transfer talk.

I’d try to get more from city as they have not been splashing cash as much this year. How about a straight swap with Sane ?

I’m just saying it’s gathering pace with different sites quoting it, not that it’s going to definitely happen

My issue being that repeating it here adds another "site" quoting it. Weirdly I think a lot of transfers happen due to lazy journalism becoming a reality and clubs wanting not to lose face. Not you personally mind, just I'd rather promote the transfers I'd like to happen than the ones I don't, so let's start a bunch of 40M Mings threads, along with a few 3M Connor Roberts ones

My issue being that repeating it here adds another "site" quoting it. Weirdly I think a lot of transfers happen due to lazy journalism becoming a reality and clubs wanting not to lose face. Not you personally mind, just I'd rather promote the transfers I'd like to happen than the ones I don't, so let's start a bunch of 40M Mings threads, along with a few 3M Connor Roberts ones

Most media seem to just copy from each other with no one really doing any investigating. I can imagine all the tabloid reporters say in one room just making stuff up and passing it along to each other

Well, what can we expect when it moves from the most beautiful town on the planet, to a shitty estuary that stinks of oil refinery on the right and cigarette factory on the left

So you think a club would buy/sell a player purely to fulfil a tabloid rumour? That is just utter nonsense.

It just seems like this could have some substance, Ake has been linked with a move away this summer, we seem to be stalling on Mings leaving and maybe this is why.

Assuming Chelsea do have a buy back clause, then financially perhaps it’s the best time to sell when they can’t exercise it. Tough to stomach as I think we’re pretty stuffed without him, but we’ll likely get more for him now than if Chelsea do have the rumoured buy back clause next summer.

;