Ake on his way ?

Much as I don't want him to go and Topfarriers point was probably tongue-in-cheek it's actually a good one. Sell for £50 million, give EH £20 million to buy a replacement (Mepham?), pay the fees plus any sell-on % he has with Chelsea and have enough left to fund the training complex actually sounds like a good deal to me.

That's one thing we haven't really had happen or had to deal with yet since promotion. Losing a crucial player to a large fee. It'll be interesting to see how to club reacts as it feels like only a matter of time with a couple of them at the moment.

Obviously don't want to see us lose any first teamer, but if you numpties will vote him for 7 of 9 player of the month awards it's difficult to go unnoticed. But whether he goes or not I think we could do a lot worse than bringing in Jack Cooper from Millwall

Ake is never going to stay around forever, he’s quality. Even if we finished in the top 6. The only good thing is that being in the premier league if we lose our best players they will be more replaceable than when we used to lose our best players in league one. We could buy a top quality replacement or two.

He's certainly a top 6, probably top 4 defender. It's as simple as that. Chelsea were utter morons to let him go in the first place, whilst laughably continuing to use Gary Cahill instead. Ake is unlikely to stick around forever, but we can try making him feel as loved as possible, as see what he wants to do. When the time comes and the right offer comes in that interests him, then yep just get the best price possible and for gods sake put some of it aside for some building.

A summer would be better from the point of view of continuity, and I'd already had next summer in mind for Ake attracting big interest.

Text a friend after the Watford game, that he is imo, the best defender I have seen in a Boscombe shirt, and he will be gone by next summer,
unfortunately that may fast forward too January

Were Chelsea morons for letting him go? They've got a buyback clause haven't they? Doesn't that mean they can buy him for whatever that fee is then punt him on for profit a la Wolves with Afobe? That's if they don't want him themselves.

They can force an offer to be accepted but he doesn't have to go there. He could choose to go elsewhere.

Were Chelsea morons for letting him go? They've got a buyback clause haven't they? Doesn't that mean they can buy him for whatever that fee is then punt him on for profit a la Wolves with Afobe? That's if they don't want him themselves.

With the Afobe deal, there was a good 10 days separating the deals to ensure it ticked over into Wolves being a PL club selling to Stoke the Championship club. I think the same sort of deal inter-Premier League in terms of juristiction, especially in the short January window, would be unlikely.

Of course chelsea could sign in Jan and sell in the summer, similar to what they did first time around, but that would depend on Ake being happy with that arrangement.

With the Afobe deal, there was a good 10 days separating the deals to ensure it ticked over into Wolves being a PL club selling to Stoke the Championship club. I think the same sort of deal inter-Premier League in terms of juristiction, especially in the short January window, would be unlikely.

Are there rules against it? I can't see the difference personally. Can anyone think of an example of it happening?

;