Ake or Training Ground?

Ok you say he is.....hopefully your right( I don't want to be) and we will see something of him soon, or later in the season....I could easily have mentioned Ibe, Mousset and in particular Defoe also. But of course I am one of those that sees the money issues in an outdated way.
I was So impressed with Mings when he did play...I find it difficult!

If one of the top 6 clubs came in for him he'd be gone, same as eddie, how could we keep him when he could get 3 or 4 times his salary elsewhere. Whether or not the money would get spent on the training facility is another matter.

...he is under contract to us...so if anybody wants to buy him then we should set the fee...otherwise we will always be tinpot!

Saints dug in over Van Dyck and got top dollar?

There’s no way I can see that Ake would get sold unless it’s against Eddies wishes. If he wanted to go then that’s another issue and sure the money would be handy.
At some point he will move on but he’s had time on the bench at a big club and maybe (hopefully) playing every week in a settled team is what he wants for a couple of years to come.

Surely he'll be one of the first up the road, when Eddie heads off to manage that "pocket superclub" on our doorstep : )

I said on Sunday we're up in a rarified atmosphere, so near the summit of Football Mountain. I think some are suffering with oxygen defincey
: )

I'm waiting to see what actually happens and then deal with the consequences. Speculation ain't gonna stop my enjoyment of the now
: )

It isn't really an either/or question. Up until now we've been mostly seen as a collective of over-achievers and, Spurs reported interest in King on the back of his hot streak aside, have never had to deal with the attentions of one of the genuinely big clubs.

However Ake, and possibly L Cook, both feel like players that could start getting the behemoths circling.

With the best will in the world, if a CL class team in England wants them they're likely to want to go. Not just for the money but for the genuine chance to win something every year and play in the biggest competitions.

In that case we can't really begrudge it and it's about getting the best deal for us. That doesn't mean rolling over and accepting the first bid because the player wants the move. Hold out for the best money we can then reluctantly accept.

Spending all that fee on transfers would seem to be a mistake when the club has other needs. Even Arsene had to cut his cloth for many years in this scenario. It doesn't make us tinpot, just prudent. Many other clubs have done the same down the years.

Sure, give EH a big slice to find a replacement but building the training ground or getting the stadium rolling would bring genuine long term benefits for the club.

EH may not be able to find an instant as-good-as replacement for £20-25 million but we aren't really shopping in that store anyway.

It's really up to the players - if they want to re-negotiate contracts, then yes we have a bit more wiggle room there since we're not building a new stadium right now. It would be nice to have new training facilities, but once the players get down on those pitches, does it really make that much of a difference? With the u18s and u21s, we're seeing big gains which makes me wonder if just running a smaller club with the directors' blessings is ultimately what it takes to get things done.

The way I see it is that there are several routes to success. Sure, you can throw money at it the Chelsea way and so long as the money is there, it will continue to work, but I think we're very much an aberration in this world: a very small club with an exceptionally gifted and charismatic and loyal management team and a core support of some very, very long suffering fans who are more than happy to have a seat at the table and (for the most part) to show the patience to wait for whatever success may come our way.

I get that it might be a hard sell to our best players to convince them to stick around for the ride but if Eddie can successfully sell a somewhat unprecedented set of ideals to the likes of Ake and L Cook and keep them on for a season or two longer, then why is the promise of regular European football so unfathomable for us? We've consistently shown that by being patient and planning meticulously on the playing side that we can leave much bigger clubs by the wayside. Most of them are still slogging it out in the Championship and wondering what went wrong. Why can't we begin to think that this could be possible at this level as well?

It’s inevitable that the big club vultures will be circling overhead regards Ake, L Cook and young Brooks trying to entice them away with big money moves etc. We just have to enjoy their time with us living the dream and hoping we can survive in the EPL without them.

How much does the training ground cost? surely better to sell bit part player like Ibe than best players.....

Theres also rumours in the papers that we are still after the Brentford CB, which would be 15M+ probably. Are we suggesting to use this money instead?

Obviously any Bournemouth fan would want to to keep but its just not realistic....he's just far too good for us sadly and if we really want to become an established PL team with facilities to match this is how we are going have to do it for the foreseeable future.
We are a prem team we have ambitions not only to stay in the top flight but also to go on and better year after year! Fogging our best player is not going to help ! Every time I watch him I think thank goodness he plays for us, if he does go it will be an indication by the nature of his departure, if we fight to keep him then it shows we do still have an inkling to thrive in the prem

Agree. We are at a point where we can stop looking behind us for a while, and can look upwards. Really, of the "other 13", tell me a team that you genuinely think we cannot beat on any given day. Sure, the Burnley anomaly, but offset by Watford, Palace, Leicester. This squad, this manager .... why not 6th or 7th. This could be the year of years, sometimes the stars align, don't want to think about parting with Ake. Next year will take care of itself ....

;