Alan Green. Non

Couldn't stand him. He hated football and whinged through every game he commentated on - ruining it for those who had tuned in because they don't hate football.

Pronunciation butcher in chief. If you didn't know the players names you'd struggle to know who he was taking about, if not called Smith or Jones.

He was pretty much anti-football and didn't seem to enjoy any match or ground he was at.
Didn't the B.B.C. also "mutually part company" with the original Partridge, John Inverdale last year : )

Fair to say he wasn't a fan of David Beckham or anyone related to Man U it seemed.

Maybe not the only one but he liked to show it during commentaries and as others have said enjoyed a good old moan.

Do remember when we beat Leeds in the 2006 Play-off final he wrote some damming article afterwards basically saying how dare little old Watford beat such a big side like Leeds and deny them a place in the Premier league.

AAn
Fair to say he wasn't a fan of David Beckham or anyone related to Man U it seemed.

Maybe not the only one but he liked to show it during commentaries and as others have said enjoyed a good old moan.

Do remember when we beat Leeds in the 2006 Play-off final he wrote some damming article afterwards basically saying how dare little old Watford beat such a big side like Leeds and deny them a place in the Premier league.
Any team that beats Leeds at anytime gets a big thumbs up from me(y)

The guy was a decent commentator...as good as any other......we all have eyes anyway..not exactly a big deal really...is it?

The guy was a decent commentator...as good as any other......we all have eyes anyway..not exactly a big deal really...is it?
I agree he was a good commentator but he also acted like a pundit really.

I suppose that was his way though.

Come on Didier...........when taking a penalty in Champions league final......never had a good word to say about him normally.........but on that occasion sounded like his best mate............probably guess I didn't like him

I can still hear him now. Referee! Referee! That was never a foul!
The thing that wound me up about him was that he didn’t know the laws, he almost said this proudly, and every time someone suggested on 606 that he should take a ref’s course he claimed he didn’t need to.

a friend bought me his autobiography 20? years ago, I remember he fell out with Fergie and one chapter closed by him saying he’d have a nice glass of red wine to celebrate when Fergie retired.

Come on Didier...........when taking a penalty in Champions league final......never had a good word to say about him normally.........but on that occasion sounded like his best mate............probably guess I didn't like him
We crossed, I suspect it was his Fergie hatred if it was the final.

Hated the way he always predicted a game was won by whatever team sometimes as early as the first half. Really came over as trying to be the only person who knew anything about anything.

And besides, it spoiled the ending for me......

Clearly on my own but I used to enjoy him on 606. He knew his football as opposed to the likes of Robbie Savage, who has difficulty with the day of the week, and he did have proper bust ups with callers and made it interesting, not like nowadays with my opinion is better than yours Savage and Sutton.

I always avoid games on which he commemorated, he'd always start with "I don't want to talk about the ref tgis afternoon" and then would talk about the ref for 90 minutes.

And yeah, he never seemed to actually like football.

;