Mihai Dobre

seen him at canford magna a few times. a bit of a rough diamond.... but has something v special about him

Very nice goal - See the finish here from about 1:20 onwards:
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11757/11277300/walsall-0-3-rochdale-comprehensive-victory-for-dale

Keith Hill's comments:

Alex Dobre opened his Dale account on his debut, scoring a stunning effort late in the game, but Hill is looking for more from the on loan youngster.

“He did one thing in the game – what else did he do? I want more hard work, I want more pressing and I want more tracking runners. If he’s got the natural ability to do that [score that type of goal], the other things should come naturally and then he’d be a world beater! He’s a young kid and he’s got great feet which we see in training, but does he work harder than Ian Henderson? No. If he starts doing that then he’ll be a Premier League player.”

Actually not a bad thing to be trying to drill into him at this early stage. Some wingers don't always do the dirty work required of them so to have a scary manager bawling him out might engender some good habits. Worst case scenario... he comes back and works extra hard so he never has to go there again!

Could have done with him in the Hampshire cup semi final last night as it was men vs boys. Highlight of the evening was seeing a fantastic header from James Hayter to make it 2-0. Nice to see Wes Fogden and Brian stock also play

Its good at least to see an academy player skip Yeovil and go straight to a League 1 club (no offence to Yeovil).

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/s...-place-after-agreeing-new-deal-with-cherries/

He’s been banging them in for the under 21’s this season, exciting times ahead with our youth. Surridge, Dobre, Oboborh, Anthony certainly look exciting prospects, be great if one of them can make more of a break through than Simpson currently has.
When you see that Kyle Taylor, Ofoborh and Dobre are always training with the first team you would imagine that they must be very close to being certs for our cup games. If they get that opportunity and do well, they must surely be in with a shout of at least a PL bench place. Seems like they are progressing quite nicely at the moment. Good news and as Garbo says especially good news with the crazy prices you have to pay to buy players these days.

Last edited:
Eddie always name checks Kyle Taylor as being on the injury list in his press conferences. Its obviously not good if he's injured, but he must otherwise be considered as part of the first team.

Ofoborh has looked a real talent in the U21 games I've seen too.

;