An analysis of today

Two well worked goals for us but for all the praise youngsters have been getting I thought 2nd half showed why experience counts in seeing a game out or finishing a team off. Yes the ref was bad, yes Blackpool were a bad side who couldn't pass but we missed a good chance to put the game to bed then sat off them and gave them confidence and belief that they could get something after looking like they were happy for a 2-0 defeat. We then turned into them 2nd half and won nothing. That is the difference, Kilkenny played well 1st half but all the youngsters faded badly 2nd half and the experienced players like Kelly, Brooks, Marcondes and Billing were non existent 2nd half which didn't help.We lacked any kind of first touch or composure that wouldve easily cut through their defense 2nd half. Blackpool played the gamesmanship well and we must have given away a club record amount of FK's in that game it was embrassing, It must have been at least 50 Free Kicks how naive can you be. In the long run a bad 2 points dropped and the type of game that is the difference between promotion and playoff failure with Fulham and WBA looking strong.

Last edited:
The players certainly didn't down tools from where I was sitting.

As you rightly point out in point 2, Blackpool worked us out after 25 mins and identified that they needed to press Rossi and Kilkenny hard to make them rush.

They also nullified Anthony after the break and pushed much more of their attacks down the flanks.

Sometimes you do need to give the opposition some credit.

I think it was an element of both, of course everything above, spot on. But also, we did stick it in first gear after going two up, allowed Blackpool back into it and then couldn’t really get going again in any sustained way.

What a load of carp, we played players out of position because we had no others, hadn't you noticed we have injuries? State the painfully obvious without actually recognising that for example all our right backs are injured, who would you have played there?
Give me strength
You’re not particularly bright are you? I was merely analysing why we didn’t function as a team today. I’m well aware Mepham is there out of necessity, if you were able to read you’d be able to see that I was in no way criticising SP team selection.

I think Mepham must have been injured when he went off, because he had surprisingly acquitted himself well up to that point.

You are correct. Sometime before he was subbed he was doing some leg stretching exercises when there were breaks in play. I suspect calf or hamstring issues.

Blackpool is a famous football club...their fans...descendants of those that revered Matthews.. They want soom fookun 21st Century Pie...today they had a decent portion..nuff said !

Could be wrong as I only skim read, but I don’t think he suggested that we should have played someone else at right back, he was suggesting that not having a natural right back on the pitch hindered us…..and he’s not wrong. Nothing anyone can do about it given current injuries, but it hindered us nonetheless.
I’m glad that at least one person reading this has at least half a brain cell. Of course I wasn’t suggesting any fault towards Parker for this, he quite literally had no other options at his disposal. Just pointing out that it severely hindered the performance. Some on here seem to think that every observation is supposed to be a criticism, I was merely analysing what held us back today.

Two well worked goals for us but for all the praise youngsters have been getting I thought 2nd half showed why experience counts in seeing a game out or finishing a team off. Yes the ref was bad, yes Blackpool were a bad side who couldn't pass but we missed a good chance to put the game to bed then sat off them and gave them confidence and belief that they could get something after looking like they were happy for a 2-0 defeat. We then turned into them 2nd half and won nothing. That is the difference, Kilkenny played well 1st half but all the youngsters faded badly 2nd half and the experienced players like Kelly, Brooks, Marcondes and Billing were non existent 2nd half which didn't help.We lacked any kind of first touch or composure that wouldve easily cut through their defense 2nd half. Blackpool played the gamesmanship well and we must have given away a club record amount of FK's in that game it was embrassing, It must have been at least 50 Free Kicks how naive can you be. In the long run a bad 2 points dropped and the type of game that is the difference between promotion and playoff failure with Fulham and WBA looking strong.
A good assessment.

One quibble though.................defense?

I'm not a big fan but Mepham was our best player today at RB. Leif Davis clearly didn't have a clue what to do there when he came on but I think the 2 big tactical decisions that went against Scotty P were Junior being made of glass and the mistake of bringing on Pearson too late when damage was done and we weren't able to string a pass 2ndhalf, and Pearson should've come on for Billing. We also need another striker ffs we have one senior striker and this new signing Rogers is more of a winger I hear.

The players certainly didn't down tools from where I was sitting.

As you rightly point out in point 2, Blackpool worked us out after 25 mins and identified that they needed to press Rossi and Kilkenny hard to make them rush.

They also nullified Anthony after the break and pushed much more of their attacks down the flanks.

Sometimes you do need to give the opposition some credit.
I would totally agree.

We played like a stylish boxer on the backfoot, sparingly picking our moments, but on this occasion got caught with a few lucky shots.

That said, on another day Billing doesn't miss that first half sitter, the cross field ball from Marcondes to Anthony is finished with aplomb, the header from the corner in the closing minutes isn't straight at goalie, and Dom holds off the two different challenges to take the game out of reach. The quality of there chances were much inferior.

Thus I am far from despondent, less so than Parker. We can't control every minute and overall it was a good performance. The only downside was Billing who just didn't seem to add enough but maybe that's down to Kelly, compared to Marcondes was was brought into the game by Rossi and Mepham.

Still unbeaten.

So we sign anyone just because they want it? I wouldn't mind playing up front with dom, but doesn't mean I'm capable

Yes..That.! .WANT IT. .twattin King...Fra f√cking ser... 'Tug' Wilson..DIDNT f√cking WANT DC Football in the End.. did they..dropped off the pace when the going got tough..They wanted..C(o) unting Big MONEY and ill- judged FAME..
...starting line ups today ,?

Get te f√ck with your Elitism! Be Sucked In... and if you desire ..back Gambling Sponsored Shirts !

Pah!

Last edited:
We move on...the Cherries at Hull Ziddy..the Tigers..i lived there for a few years...that crowd won't take prisoners from their players... or ours. they are highly critical of their club...and of football in general. ..its a rugby league City too !
Fantastic Stadium!

We move on...the Cherries at Hull Ziddy..the Tigers..i lived there for a few years...that crowd won't take prisoners from their players... or ours. they are highly critical of their club...and of football in general. ..its a rugby league City too !
Fantastic Stadium!

It is an impressive Stadium Brian. The kind I'd like us to have as a similar sized club. i went there when it just got built when we lost 3-1 Fletch scored about 2003, they generate some good acoustics as it's not quite like the modern bowl where noise fades quickly but they did get their Council to fund it for football and Rugby, that would never happen in BCP council they want this club to groundshare with Dorch again.

It is an impressive Stadium Brian. The kind I'd like us to have as a similar sized club. i went there when it just got built when we lost 3-1 Fletch scored about 2003, they generate some good acoustics as it's not quite like the modern bowl where noise fades quickly but they did get their Council to fund it for football and Rugby, that would never happen in BCP council they want this club to groundshare with Dorch again.

Bang on with that Vlad... Yorkies are proverbially tight with Money...but when I lived there, the place was on its knees - 3 old grounds across the city ..Boothferry, the Boulevard ( Hull FC rugby) ..Craven Park ( (HKR- rugby)..seemingly no hope for any of them in the 90's....I've got relatives there..now the place is buzzing so they tell me...incredible visionary Council.. traditional north eastern clarity .the opposite of what we have in Cornwall...and I guess in bloody BCP !

;