An analysis of today

I don't think you should blame our young players for the result, the truth of the matter IMO is that SP was outwitted in the 2nd half by our visiting manager easy!
Not blaming anybody. Just pointing out that there are going to be situations throughout the season where you are going to need experience to see you through/ride the storm. They are all very talented, today they just needed an older head to guide them through. Not blame, just a reality.

Yes but it's like saying if we had Messi and Ronaldo in the team we would probably would have won, we can only put out the players that are fit
I’m not sure I’d compare Bournemouth having their 2 right backs injured to their inability to sign Messi or Ronaldo….

Reality check.

A few months ago I’d have settled for seeing games back at DC.
Now we’re back and have seen two incident full games.
Unbeaten in 4 with 8 points.

When we got promoted to the championship we got 13 points from our first ten games conceding 22 goals, 11 of those in our first two away games. There were mistakes, many. Calls for Eddie to change. He didn’t.

Took us til December to chalk up (professional eh?) two away wins. And December/ January to go four games without defeat.

Of course this season is different. Parker is different. Circumstances are different. But I’m sure there were moans and complaints back then.

This squad has great potential. The inexperienced players will make mistakes, along with the experienced ones.

Yesterday was tough to watch. A first half when we were so much better than them it was embarrassing. Their manager adjusted and they were well worth the draw. Our manager was unable to match them. They were all over us in the second half and we needed Pearson before they scored as it was clear (to us) that a goal was coming. We were giving the ball away far too easily. If not at 2-0 then certainly at 2-1. We were saying it at the time, not with hindsight. He didn’t come on until it was too late. The initiative was with Blackpool by then.

We had our chances but it seemed against the run of play.

4 games undefeated. A crop of young, committed players. Fans back at DC. No VAR. Games most midweeks.

Test will be how we respond at Hull.

For me, the joy of being back will take some time to wear off.
UTCIAD

Reality check.

A few months ago I’d have settled for seeing games back at DC.
Now we’re back and have seen two incident full games.
Unbeaten in 4 with 8 points.

When we got promoted to the championship we got 13 points from our first ten games conceding 22 goals, 11 of those in our first two away games. There were mistakes, many. Calls for Eddie to change. He didn’t.

Took us til December to chalk up (professional eh?) two away wins. And December/ January to go four games without defeat.

Of course this season is different. Parker is different. Circumstances are different. But I’m sure there were moans and complaints back then.

This squad has great potential. The inexperienced players will make mistakes, along with the experienced ones.

Yesterday was tough to watch. A first half when we were so much better than them it was embarrassing. Their manager adjusted and they were well worth the draw. Our manager was unable to match them. They were all over us in the second half and we needed Pearson before they scored as it was clear (to us) that a goal was coming. We were giving the ball away far too easily. If not at 2-0 then certainly at 2-1. We were saying it at the time, not with hindsight. He didn’t come on until it was too late. The initiative was with Blackpool by then.

We had our chances but it seemed against the run of play.

4 games undefeated. A crop of young, committed players. Fans back at DC. No VAR. Games most midweeks.

Test will be how we respond at Hull.

For me, the joy of being back will take some time to wear off.
UTCIAD
Splendid.

Thanks Rob. I cycled over yesterday and was very aware of how much I relish going to games. That sense of eager anticipation has never left me (although was absent without leave at times, Benson, Groves, Bond) in 55 years.

The excitement when the teams come out is palpable.

Maybe that makes me a happy clapper?
A badge I’ll wear with pride.

Thanks Rob. I cycled over yesterday and was very aware of how much I relish going to games. That sense of eager anticipation has never left me (although was absent without leave at times, Benson, Groves, Bond) in 55 years.

It really is good to be back again.

Our right side is an issue. Perhaps when Smith comes back we can get some balance but the absence of Brooks throughout most of the game shows that if needing to play Mepham at RB we need someone else to play in front of him.

It is an impressive Stadium Brian. The kind I'd like us to have as a similar sized club. i went there when it just got built when we lost 3-1 Fletch scored about 2003, they generate some good acoustics as it's not quite like the modern bowl where noise fades quickly but they did get their Council to fund it for football and Rugby, that would never happen in BCP council they want this club to groundshare with Dorch again.
To be fair, their council had a massive windfall from Kingston Communications as I remember.

I don't think many other councils have been quite that fortunate

I cycled over too.

So much more fun going home after the game past lines and lines of queuing cars.

He is the type who constantly jumps on everything I say and looks for a confrontation, regardless of whether it makes sense in the context of what I’ve written. It is quite tiresome having to argue against a point that you haven’t actually made because somebody chooses not to read what you’ve written properly.

I'm with you on this Waz. Appreciate your positive & constructive comments this season so far. Keep up the good work !

;