Another BOTN gem to celebrate 70/71

hba1

Fans' Favourite

Because of Line of Duty a little bit out of the habit of BOTN on a Sunday so only just caught up with another gem to celebrate the promotion of 70/71. Features Keith Miller and our very own Neil Vacher naturally plugging his excellent book available from the club shop.

Once again sat watching with a smile on my face. Given the lack of affinity at the moment brings back memories of the love for the team and the club in those days.

Thanks again the BOTN team.

Just thinking about Keith Miller what a lovely chap back then on the pitch and now. All the things he couldn't remember I could but one thing he might like to forget the penalty he gave away. I can't remember the game but the ball was safe in the keepers hands and Keith came up to have a word and touched the ball by accident and a penalty was given. Happy days.

Great watch. One of my favourite afcb players - he wouldn’t recognise games like Wycombe and stoke as being meaningless games.

The question was posed as to what modern player is most like Keith - I would say James Milner; versatile, led by example as a captain, came up some with important goals and always reliable, giving it 100%.

As for the “aim for entertain” placards, it was Newcastle away in 72/73 fa cup as the players ran out. Home crowd not impressed initially but saw us give it a go.

Just thinking about Keith Miller what a lovely chap back then on the pitch and now. All the things he couldn't remember I could but one thing he might like to forget the penalty he gave away. I can't remember the game but the ball was safe in the keepers hands and Keith came up to have a word and touched the ball by accident and a penalty was given. Happy days.
I can remember the incident but unsure about opposition and season. It was down the South End and had a good view of it. Keith walked up to Keiron Baker to tell him to settle things down and take his time. He went to pat him on the shoulder and inadvertently touched the ball which Baker was holding against his chest. Ref gave a penalty with no opposition player in our penalty area ! I remember the crowd reaction. think we ended up losing 2-1.
I wonder what VAR would have made of it.

;