Another day, another dodgy decision for the top six

The media are ignoring the fact that Son is attempting to pick up the ball to delay the free kick - this is a Spurs tactic - Dele Ali is the worst for this, but they all do it. Lerma is trying to hook the ball away from him with his foot, and Son overreacts.

Exactly. They kicked the ball away 4 times in the second half and the ref didnt even talk to them let alone card them. There was also the time Jeff was trying to get the ball back and they were carrying it further and further away. The ref had a word with Lerma rather than the Spurs players keeping the ball.

Dier could have been sent off twice after the first yellow. The first one as King broke when bizarrely every player stopped and waited for the free kick and card decision only for the only man in the ground who didn't think it was a foul to wave play on and nearly gift Spurs a goal.
Then the blatant foul on Wilson for a nailed on penalty.
Looking back at MOTD this morning that was a really nasty one by Wanyama on Smith right on the touchline right near the end. Cynical, late, deliberate and Smith could have ended up smashing against the advertising boards.

Dier could have been sent off twice after the first yellow. The first one as King broke when bizarrely every player stopped and waited for the free kick and card decision only for the only man in the ground who didn't think it was a foul to wave play on and nearly gift Spurs a goal.
Then the blatant foul on Wilson for a nailed on penalty.
Looking back at MOTD this morning that was a really nasty one by Wanyama on Smith right on the touchline right near the end. Cynical, late, deliberate and Smith could have ended up smashing against the advertising boards.

The reason they all stopped was the ref putting the whistle to his mouth...then he took it back and pretended nothing had happened.

While we all know he realised it would have been a second yellow so changed his mind.

He was “rutting” with Deli for a long time and eventually moved his head forward.

If Deli had fallen to the ground as quickly as Lerma does he would have been sent off.

Ali was in the referees ear from the kick off. Not sure if he was captain.

The reason they all stopped was the ref putting the whistle to his mouth...then he took it back and pretended nothing had happened.

While we all know he realised it would have been a second yellow so changed his mind.

Live on TV, the great Tottingham Hotspur with the greatest ever ground built to date, looking to qualify for the Champions League having reached the semis this year and the chance of a final, managed by one of the worlds top managers (they'd have us believe) and the challenge was by an experience England International surrounded by all of his International mates constantly in the refs ear , playing against tinpot FC, plucky non confrontational Eddie Howe ......

...yep as we all know...he bottled it - he redeemed himself though ;)

Watching on TV....I thought Dier got the ball when tackling Josh and I did say that the ref couldn't have been sure...so I can't blame him as such...although the way he then handled it was poor, when he was going to give the foul but realised it was Dier and would have been a second yellow.
The Son incident...I can't see Jeff did anything wrong aside from probably rolling on the floor...he was forcefully pushed, simple as that and I can't see how anyone could suggest that red was wrong. [ Someone has this morning on Facebook, suggesting VAR would have kept Son on the pitch and possibly sending Jeff off! ]
The reaction of some Spurs fans is incredible....although probably expected...little AFCB stood up to them and didn't allow them to win. Don't think Jeff did anything wrong the whole game except be a little sh*thouse to them...which is nothing the likes of Alli hasn't done for hie whole career. About time we stood up to these teams!

Not the best day in Spurts History !

Jeff got a bit lucky to stay on....he did connect with Sons back.. although it did seem a light touch....a Colombian Caress!
But then in past games with them ...well theyve had it camin Aint they Guvna?
I know exactly what my Spurs acquaintance is going to say to me on Monday......Oojah fink Bomiff are then ... fackin Milan? I cant wait!

It's the same old from the big clubs. Ruffle our hair and say well done when we play some nice pretty football, resulting ultimately in them beating us comfortably. Often gracious in victory. But as soon as we don't follow the script, as soon as we get in their faces and refuse to let them walk over us, suddenly the mask slips and we see the ugly side. From their players at the time, and their fans afterwards.

Yep Spurs are convinced they’re the plucky underdogs when I comes to sh*t ref decisions compared with ummmm Chelsea ..a bunch of cockney jimnnina’s

Just reading their comments on Twitter, quite laughable, they are basically making things up now! Thinking Jeff both punched and stamped on Son, when neither happened. Showing a clip of Jeff basically body checking Son in the middle of the pitch, stepping across his run off the ball, as a reason why Son lost his head later. Thinking we are now masters of the dark arts despite their own players being pretty good at it!
Maybe this is a reason why they won't win anything major, if they get so upset about an AFCB player who went out to stand up to them.

Just reading their comments on Twitter, quite laughable, they are basically making things up now! Thinking Jeff both punched and stamped on Son, when neither happened. Showing a clip of Jeff basically body checking Son in the middle of the pitch, stepping across his run off the ball, as a reason why Son lost his head later. Thinking we are now masters of the dark arts despite their own players being pretty good at it!
Maybe this is a reason why they won't win anything major, if they get so upset about an AFCB player who went out to stand up to them.

I think you are forgetting that little clubs like Bournemouth shouldn't be interfering with their top four race.
Remember the "Men against boys"
We are seen by their supporters as a team who are supposed to just roll over and let them get easy points on their way to glory.
When it doesn't happen, they try and blame it on our "dirty players" and the ref being soft. Its never their own fault.

I think you are forgetting that little clubs like Bournemouth shouldn't be interfering with their top four race.
Remember the "Men against boys"
We are seen by their supporters as a team who are supposed to just roll over and let them get easy points on their way to glory.
When it doesn't happen, they try and blame it on our "dirty players" and the ref being soft. Its never their own fault.

We have of course rolled over for them several times, we get little pats on the back for playing nice football after this...so I can definitely see why we have annoyed them after standing up to what they were doing themselves!

Man Utd have just been kept out of CL by Huddersfield.....after 9 minutes added on 'for Utd' by the ref ...probably a 'nod' , a Wink and a Wad from Ferguson at some point...Money is God in this League! But..it didnt work this time!
Thank the real God for that little Cameo of Damage by 'written off ' Huddersfield....a real Great club!
Major inquests on the Radio now and for the next week!

Last edited:

;