Another day, another dodgy decision for the top six

I just watched the replay, am still unsure. bad goalkeeping tho.

I'm not totally sure its big club bias in general....although we have had decisions against us when playing them. You look at Dermot Gallagher on a Monday morning on Sky and teams from up and down the division get messed up!

I have to agree with Al, it’s gone beyond subconscious bias.

Starting to believe there is systemic corruption amongst the PL referees.

I have stated many times that the top six big hitters i.e. Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Man City and Man Utd are being 'looked after' by the powers that be at the F.A., media and indeed referee's. One can guarantee that if we had scored exactly the same first goal against Liverpool today it would have been ruled for off-side in an instant.
Another example would be that if we were winning 1-0 away at Man City for example with two minutes to go. The referee would find another five or six minutes of extra time in order to give Man City every opportunity to get back into the game.

We didn’t get the rub of the green today. First half the ref seemed very keen to give us yellow cards for innocuous looking fouls, 2 in the first 15 mins, and yet was reluctant to do so for similar fouis by Liverpool players. Lineman v questionable first half. It didn’t feel right. Could be cherry tinted spectacles of course but it really didn’t feel right.

I think VAR will help. I know it's another layer and still needs human input but lets think why the top six get decisions.

I don't believe, if we take emotion out of it which I know is hard, that they are making these mistakes on purpose or that there is a conspiracy the big teams need to do well.

This is a case in marginal decision making that they know if they get it wrong for a massive club it will be debated over and over again and their name will get well bandied about in the negative and their chance of Champions League or internationals will go. Get it wrong against us or Huddersfield etc and it won't get discussed outside the Echo website. So a 50/50 and they err on the side of career.

VAR will allow them to get it right without criticism which is what they want, I believe.

Would agree with that. I wonder as well if they just expect the player from the bigger team to be more skillful/faster so give them benefit of doubt more often

Aye I’m no believer in conspiracies either. It may be as you say, cockbeard, that they expect the big name player to win the ball / not be offside and so subconsciously find in their favour. Certainly not an FA directed conspiracy or anything like that.
Tell you what did wind me up, Salah taking 2 minutes to get back to the half way line each time he scored. It was farcical. Booking for time-wasting, surely?

;