Another day, another dodgy decision for the top six

I thought it was very nice of the ref to allow play to continue well after the 2 minutes extra time had long expired in the first half simply because Liverpool had the ball and were building an attack.................. they nearly got a goal with it as well.
For me it's the blatant inconsistencies, Lerma booked, Liverpool player brings Fraser down from behind when he is breaking over the half way line towards goal - not even a word to him.
The East Stand lino missed more than the Salah "goal" - he just wasn't up to it.

Regrettably, I believe there is actual bias towards the big teams these days and the referees are playing their part.

The PL and to a lesser but still important degree the FA are doing everything to keep the big clubs sweet in order to prevent them leaving to join a European Superleague outside of PL/UEFA/FA control. With FIFA also looking to stir up discontent amongst the clubs the need to keep the big boys onside intensifies.

The PL are the referees paymasters.

some of u lot are mad. I think I'm mad....but then you come along... and surpass me.

Another game where manager, players and fans are cheated by underperforming pgmol officials.
How many fouls did milner commit and no card ?
The east stand assistant was useless, even when lfc players ran the ball out he signalled a throw to lfc.

Cue the pgmol fanboys explaining away the inconsistent decisions.

LFC were better individually and collectively than AFCB and deserved their win.

Even if the 'alleged' bias is subconscious it still needs addressing. Will VAR, which still relies on human interpretation, overcome this? In future years maybe a computer will say yes or no!

Managers and players are human, if they keep underperforming they are sacked.
The officials are well paid professionals, not well meaning volunteers at kids football.

Even if the 'alleged' bias is subconscious it still needs addressing. Will VAR, which still relies on human interpretation, overcome this? In future years maybe a computer will say yes or no!

I am not a fan of VAR by any means but accept it is coming. I would hope that it ought to correct the wrong offside decisions like today in a straightforward and timely manner (bit like the goal line technology). However I am dubious that it will be that great for penalty decisions etc where interpretation will still be necessary.

I thought it was very nice of the ref to allow play to continue well after the 2 minutes extra time had long expired in the first half simply because Liverpool had the ball and were building an attack.................. they nearly got a goal with it as well.
For me it's the blatant inconsistencies, Lerma booked, Liverpool player brings Fraser down from behind when he is breaking over the half way line towards goal - not even a word to him.
The East Stand lino missed more than the Salah "goal" - he just wasn't up to it.

The added time in the first half was 2 minutes and three seconds.
I always run a stopwatch at games as the stadium clock does not continue in stoppage time.

I think VAR will help. I know it's another layer and still needs human input but lets think why the top six get decisions.

I don't believe, if we take emotion out of it which I know is hard, that they are making these mistakes on purpose or that there is a conspiracy the big teams need to do well.

This is a case in marginal decision making that they know if they get it wrong for a massive club it will be debated over and over again and their name will get well bandied about in the negative and their chance of Champions League or internationals will go. Get it wrong against us or Huddersfield etc and it won't get discussed outside the Echo website. So a 50/50 and they err on the side of career.

VAR will allow them to get it right without criticism which is what they want, I believe.
Disagree. We saw poor, convoluted decision making with VAR in the World Cup and I don't believe it will be as clear cut as people magically think.

Another game where manager, players and fans are cheated by underperforming pgmol officials.
How many fouls did milner commit and no card ?
The east stand assistant was useless, even when lfc players ran the ball out he signalled a throw to lfc.

Cue the pgmol fanboys explaining away the inconsistent decisions.

LFC were better individually and collectively than AFCB and deserved their win.
Not before we've cued the childishly pgmol obsessive moaners who think everyone should be perfect.

Yeah, the ref was poor (imho) today, but we've had numerous dodgy decisions over the last few years. If Jimnnina came on here criticising those decisions that went in our favourI'd have some sympathy with his/her views, but it's all boo hiss stuff.

Agree with wells world, this thread borders on grassy knoll territory. Paranoia writ large.

Carry on ;-)

Disagree. We saw poor, convoluted decision making with VAR in the World Cup and I don't believe it will be as clear cut as people magically think.

Hey..An ex ref in a truck, 300 miles away, will boss football next season.

...the answer to all this is simple...we just score more goals than the opposition getting away with anything that we can....

;