Another day, another dodgy decision for the top six

Rob, Salah was stood half a yard offside, so if VAR didn't chalk it off, the system must have been broken! That incident was a clear example of why VAR is needed, the latest in a list of black and white decisions against us recently.
Things like penalties etc can always be debated [ eg: Brooks at Newcastle probably wouldn't have been corrected by VAR as people differed opinions when seeing it on replay ]. But offside / onside decisions, you can't argue with, they are either right or wrong.

As for the Championship season and the penalties we had.....even with Cherry tinted specs on...I couldn't say more than one or two were even debatable. Arter vs Boro was the clear lucky decision. As Kudos said [ and it's carried on since we have been up here ], if you have fast attacking players who get in the box at pace, you are likely to gain more penalties than other teams. It was as simple as that. We were called cheats but those accusers couldn't give evidence of wrong decisions.
There you go. You say a yard, I disagree!

As for the lack of debateable Championship pens, you're an AFCB fan and as biased as me! (Well, maybe more!).

The Man City one is weird. I was at the game and don't even remember shouting for a pen! The old brain is getting addled.

Rob...I said half a yard ;-) But it was still 100% offside by the letter of the law, which is what VAR deals with.

The penalties in the Championship....I think I am pretty fair actually....there have been occasions where I have winced when we did get something soft. But that season....I cannot remember one wrong decision aside from Arter and I am pretty sure I don't recall opposition managers complaining about them either.

Man City....the push was down the far end from the away fans....so probably not that noticeable from there....but again, a stonewaller.

Luiz was first, what was the second?

If we're being SUPER SUPER objective, the ref did let a lot of challenges go throughout the game for both sides.

^ that there

I thought he was trying to let things go, he did that in another match of ours but was letting obvious fouls go so it started to get quite heated and he lost control really. Tonight completely different, but I did feel that there's a line between letting the game flow and just not noticing fouls. Which he did for both sides, but obviously I'm going to notice ours more

Thought it was a clear foul in the build up and also I thought it was a penalty given the defenders hands were raised to block the ball. It would have been given against us at the moment. Would love to see the offside call on brooks when sent clear in the second half.

I am very frustrated with referee's, especially against the Top 6. However I don't think we can complain too much about the goal they scored. Yes, it was a foul on King, but what we would say if it was the other way around? I'm pretty sure we'd say something like "But you cleared the ball once since the foul, gave it away again (don't think it was a foul on Brooks the second time) and then scored". How far back do we go to incidents so we can still blame it on the ref?

I am very frustrated with referee's, especially against the Top 6. However I don't think we can complain too much about the goal they scored. Yes, it was a foul on King, but what we would say if it was the other way around? I'm pretty sure we'd say something like "But you cleared the ball once since the foul, gave it away again (don't think it was a foul on Brooks the second time) and then scored". How far back do we go to incidents so we can still blame it on the ref?

It created the space for the attack and final outcome was just a freak incident. It’s more the sequence of bad calls over many recent games that annoys me.

It created the space for the attack and final outcome was just a freak incident. It’s more the sequence of bad calls over many recent games that annoys me.
Totally agree with the amount of bad calls we've had in recent weeks, I've been moaning about it enough! In this case though, after the King 'foul', Chelsea went forward, we won the ball back, cleared the ball, Brooks then gave it away\got tackled, Chelsea attacked and that's what created the space for the goal. (Have the advantage of rewatching the buildup on catchup over here). Had the foul been on Brooks and the goal came from that, then yes I would be fuming.

I thought it was a penalty given the defenders hands were raised to block the ball.

Sorry but never a penalty.

Of all the refereeing performances we've had against the top six in recent weeks I thought overall this was about the best.

Its the fact that if the foul had been given as it should have been, that's a free kick to us near the halfway line.

The ref was ok in general but there was a few times that fouls blown against us were not given when Chelsea did similar things.

Seeing as you raised this thread, I believe there was VAR in our cup game for Chelsea. How did that work for us?

Seeing as you raised this thread, I believe there was VAR in our cup game for Chelsea. How did that work for us?

Can you be more specific about the incident in question? I've been ill the past couple of weeks so mind is all fuzzy and can't remember anything about the game apart from that we lost 1-0.

Can you be more specific about the incident in question? I've been ill the past couple of weeks so mind is all fuzzy and can't remember anything about the game apart from that we lost 1-0.
There was a penalty appeal which was not given. Plus their goal where I don't even think the ref had a look.

;