Another day, another dodgy decision for the top six

Most of ours have been clear and obvious though, offsides for example.

Yes but even in the World Cup it wasn't always used for the most obvious and as shown in the World Cup final even when it was used there was the element of debate .

To the benefit of the bigger country some might argue !!

I am sure there will still be endless debates about decisions even with VAR!

There are in rugby and cricket ..despite video technology being used for years .

Last edited:
Yes but even in the World Cup it wasn't always used for the most obvious and as shown in the World Cup final even when it was used there was the element of debate .

To the benefit of the bigger country some might argue !!

I am sure there will still be endless debates about decisions even with VAR!

There are in rugby and cricket ..despite video technology being used for years .
Without doubt there's still going to be decisions that will continue to debate "even with VAR that couldn't get it right".
But if we can get the clear cut ones right, the offsides right then that will help a huge amount.
Also, in the WC, did you notice the lack of red cards for violent conduct? I think some players didn't try the tricks they normally would, knowing that VAR would pick them up for it.

Without doubt there's still going to be decisions that will continue to debate "even with VAR that couldn't get it right".
But if we can get the clear cut ones right, the offsides right then that will help a huge amount.
Also, in the WC, did you notice the lack of red cards for violent conduct? I think some players didn't try the tricks they normally would, knowing that VAR would pick them up for it.

Very true - let's hope the really bad errors are cut out and officials use it probably.

Think FIFA did warn players they'd be caught out for any violent conduct .

Absolutely no mention of any contentious decisions on the bbc website match report
lets face it no-one else cares, whatever the inadequacies of lee mason or his officials
I haven't seen any of these decisions but doubt VAR would have made any difference

It’s not a top 6 team but...

3 clear opportunities to send Gomez off, which changes the game.

Clear penalty not given for a foul on Brooks in the first half.

Clear red card not given for a Richarlison elbow on Cook

Clear red card AND penalty not given for Gomez pulling Lerma down by his head.

It’s not a top 6 team but...

3 clear opportunities to send Gomez off, which changes the game.

Clear penalty not given for a foul on Brooks in the first half.

Clear red card not given for a Richarlison elbow on Cook

Clear red card AND penalty not given for Gomez pulling Lerma down by his head.
Surprised there wasn’t more comment about the elbow in cook’s throat. Shocking.

Not a penalty for me, but yes, Gomez should have walked...

We deserved something from that but that’s what you get for not capitalising on our first 25 mins dominance...

Which one? The Brooks one he doesn’t get any of the ball and clips him with his left foot. Surely you’re not talking about the pull on Lerma? He grabbed him by his head and yanked!

We’re a better team and should have capitalised in the first half though, like you say.

Absolutely no mention of any contentious decisions on the bbc website match report
lets face it no-one else cares, whatever the inadequacies of lee mason or his officials
I haven't seen any of these decisions but doubt VAR would have made any difference

Typical bbc re football coverage.

Personally I thought Liverpool pen yesterday was contentious given Salah made a meal of it.

Time for Eddie to start publicly complaining.

Commentators are annoying too . Very biased. They would have been going crazy with some of the things that were done to us, if they had been done to Everton.

Football was definitely not the winner today.

I don't know how that standard of refereeing is allowed to continue (unless it's only against us in a conspiracy to rid the league of plucky little tinpot clubs like us).

If nasty, niggly anti-football is allowed to continue as it is then surely it damages the PL "product"?

As I said on the other thread, I just can't watch it anymore. So inconsistent that it's hard to see it as anything other than bias/cheating.

We need Tom stop blaming refs, yes we don’t get the run of the luck, but we need to sort our own game out as we have gone away from are old way of playing. Are defence is not strong enough for us to sit back and try and counter on teams. Get back to the old way

We need Tom stop blaming refs, yes we don’t get the run of the luck, but we need to sort our own game out as we have gone away from are old way of playing. Are defence is not strong enough for us to sit back and try and counter on teams. Get back to the old way

I think the constant fouling stops us playing the old way though. The number of times a late tackle puts a player on the deck so a one-two can’t happem is ridiculous. Saw the impact of constant fouling vs arsenal and man Utd in particular this season.

But you are right in that when controlling a game we have to to score goals as can’t expect that domination away for 90 minutes. Need Wilson back and king to find his top form though

It’s not mutually exclusive though.

We can sort out our game and still call out poor refs

Had lunch on Friday with an old work colleague, now 84 and lifelong Hammers fan. We were discussing just this topic and he reckons it’s been the same for 60 years !

Typical bbc re football coverage.

Personally I thought Liverpool pen yesterday was contentious given Salah made a meal of it.

Time for Eddie to start publicly complaining.

To be fair to the Beeb website [ after they ignored many of the poor decisions at Old Trafford ], this was part of their report today:

"Bournemouth could also count themselves unfortunate with some of the refereeing decisions, with Brooks denied a penalty early on."....followed by a couple of examples.

To be fair to the Beeb website [ after they ignored many of the poor decisions at Old Trafford ], this was part of their report today:

"Bournemouth could also count themselves unfortunate with some of the refereeing decisions, with Brooks denied a penalty early on."....followed by a couple of examples.
Good, thanks for flagging. Thought their coverage of the incidents at Man Utd were poor, mainly due to the love-in with Ole taking up so much time.

;