Another day, another dodgy decision for the top six

Fans moaning about refs is as old as the hills , we never used to play big clubs but we were still forever moaning .When we won the Chanpionship half the teams in that division thought we were the biggest bunch of cheating see you next Tuesday’s that had ever walked onto a football pitch ,were we ? No we were just successful .. anyone that thinks there is organized bias towards the top six need their head testing ...if on the other hand you think sometimes refs can be intimidated by the larger crowds then that’s possible but isn’t that what being the 12th man is all about ?

Bloody hell it was loud there. The crowd and their players contested every decision, they were bang up for it, it was like one of those European nights of old. Some of the decisions were without doubt dubious, dodgy even. I'm not sure it would have affected the final result though as someone is suggesting further up the page.

I just get this feeling that the officials are getting a little bit lazy this season knowing VAR is coming in. How that manifests itself who knows, perhaps we are seeing it.

Fans moaning about refs is as old as the hills , we never used to play big clubs but we were still forever moaning .When we won the Chanpionship half the teams in that division thought we were the biggest bunch of cheating see you next Tuesday’s that had ever walked onto a football pitch ,were we ? No we were just successful .. anyone that thinks there is organized bias towards the top six need their head testing ...if on the other hand you think sometimes refs can be intimidated by the larger crowds then that’s possible but isn’t that what being the 12th man is all about ?
Not exactly true. I went to work in Spain about 40 years ago. I was shocked by the hatred to referees, but indifference to the opposition team. That has changed there and they hate the opposition now, too, just as we already did in England. The reason I was shocked was because although 'you're a **************************** referee' was a popular song in England, the referees were largely irrelevant and couldn't even be named by most supporters. There wasn't the degree of communication 'naming, shaming and blaming' possible or available to people, nor the possibility of the kind of mass hysteria that is so easy now. Blaming the referee is easy of course, but there is plenty of evidence of (unconscious) bias in favour of the big teams, so denying that is just as unhelpful as exaggerating it. For what it's worth I was left with a bad taste again after yet another incorrect offside at Anfield. Not a conspiracy, but game changing nonetheless. Liverpool were very good after they scored.

But how does your twelfth man theory work if they get the decisions away from home at little old Dean Court

It's the constant decisions that seem to go against the smaller teams when they play the big ones,it's not organised bias,it seems so many offside goals given ,where the other way round they are not.Players from big teams can foul and foul and not get booked yet Lerma fouls once and he's booked,and Eddie saying var will help us with important decisions,tells me he's not happy about it either.

But how does your twelfth man theory work if they get the decisions away from home at little old Dean Court

Our fans ain’t loud enough ?... my point is humans are fallible that’s the way sports have always been ..now it seems technology has caught up and like so many other occupations the robots are taking over .I don’t have an opinion one way or another on that , my only disagreement is weather refs are consciously being bias rather than accidentally , maybe there is a deep down fear of what the Sunday papers will say same as a ref may have not given a last minute penalty at the old Den in the 1970’s ..what I 100% disagree with is there is some organized plan to help the top 6 it’s no less barmy than Seaweed and Watford moaning about refs favoring south coast fairytale plucky Bournemouth .

Our fans ain’t loud enough ?... my point is humans are fallible that’s the way sports have always been ..now it seems technology has caught up and like so many other occupations the robots are taking over .I don’t have an opinion one way or another on that , my only disagreement is weather refs are consciously being bias rather than accidentally , maybe there is a deep down fear of what the Sunday papers will say same as a ref may have not given a last minute penalty at the old Den in the 1970’s ..what I 100% disagree with is there is some organized plan to help the top 6 it’s no less barmy than Seaweed and Watford moaning about refs favoring south coast fairytale plucky Bournemouth .
But they are louder than theirs at Dean Court mate

But they are louder than theirs at Dean Court mate

Players can be booked/sent off for dissent of course as we saw with Zaha the other week and the Everton guy at the weekend after our match had ended but usually they do get away with it?

Are the officials worried that if they enforce that rule every time they will be accused of ruining the game? Sometimes you could see half a team booked!

Particularly if it involved high proflile teams/players?

I would like to know what the refs say at the start of the game when two coaches and two captains go into their room.
It can't be the same crap every time surely.

I would like to know what the refs say at the start of the game when two coaches and two captains go into their room.
It can't be the same crap every time surely.

I think they're handing in the team sheets. I expect they say "thanks"?

Not watching the match but just seen this on the BBC live text coverage of the Man Utd CL match:

"Edward Taylor: To concede a goal with awful defending is bad enough but to have it scored by a player that should not even be on the pitch is angering.

Billy Sheerin: Ref throwing around yellows but doesn’t send the goal scorer off for three fouls after his booking!

Sion Roberts: Most frustrating thing is Kimpempe should have had a second yellow about 3 times before that goal"

Somehow it warms my heart.

Not watching the match but just seen this on the BBC live text coverage of the Man Utd CL match:

"Edward Taylor: To concede a goal with awful defending is bad enough but to have it scored by a player that should not even be on the pitch is angering.

Billy Sheerin: Ref throwing around yellows but doesn’t send the goal scorer off for three fouls after his booking!

Sion Roberts: Most frustrating thing is Kimpempe should have had a second yellow about 3 times before that goal"

Somehow it warms my heart.
I did watch it and it was all that. Yellows for nothing in the first 25 minutes, then, when it counted, ref refused to card any guy who was already on a yellow. Kimpembe definitely got away with one and then scored. Young definitely deserved to go off .... what's new. Then Pogba gets a second yellow for very little with about 5 minutes left. Add to that Martial and Lingard taken off with injuries .... Ole, Ole, Ole.....

I did watch it and it was all that. Yellows for nothing in the first 25 minutes, then, when it counted, ref refused to card any guy who was already on a yellow. Kimpembe definitely got away with one and then scored. Young definitely deserved to go off .... what's new. Then Pogba gets a second yellow for very little with about 5 minutes left. Add to that Martial and Lingard taken off with injuries .... Ole, Ole, Ole.....

It will be great to read what the press have to say in the morning.

There is no doubt at all that a dodgy incident in a game between, say, us and Huddersfield, will hardly get any follow up in the media....where the same incident involving the biggest teams would be dissected at length.

;