Another day, another dodgy decision for the top six

As many have pointed out, the big clubs may still get the benefit of the system in marginal decisions but at least they shouldn't get away with the howlers any more.

As many have pointed out, the big clubs may still get the benefit of the system in marginal decisions but at least they shouldn't get away with the howlers any more.

This is what I hope will be the critical point next season - we have had three or four offside decisions go against us this season that [ I would like to think! ], VAR would have immediately cleared up.

Just watching the game back.
To be fair to Pawson, I think his view of the tackle by Dier near half-way was blocked. Not seen the Wilson penalty incident yet.

nice to see a competitive, feisty game - its been a while. not the easiest one to ref.

Maybe I missed it live and on MOTD but what was Lerma booked for near the end?

Spurs had been targeting him and I couldn't see any instances of him losing his cool. Ali squared up to him and while he stood his ground he didn't do anything rash.

Both our penalty shouts were blatant. It’s unacceptable the officials missed these. VAR would have corrected both next season

Regarding the 2nd yellow for Dier, VAR could not have affected that. Either way it was a bottle job from the ref. Luckily he got his act together for the key decisions. VAR would obviously have confirmed both reds.

Lerma will need to watch himself next season. I don’t think any of his actions were clear and obvious. His shithousery was a culmination of yellow card offences only, but I’m sure his number has been served for next season.

Maybe I missed it live and on MOTD but what was Lerma booked for near the end?

Spurs had been targeting him and I couldn't see any instances of him losing his cool. Ali squared up to him and while he stood his ground he didn't do anything rash.

He was “rutting” with Deli for a long time and eventually moved his head forward.

If Deli had fallen to the ground as quickly as Lerma does he would have been sent off.

He was “rutting” with Deli for a long time and eventually moved his head forward.

If Deli had fallen to the ground as quickly as Lerma does he would have been sent off.

Yeah they could both have gone...both pushing their head into each other.

Not sure all the comments about Lerma's involvement in the red yesterday in the media are fair. Sons push to the chest and face was pretty forceful and he wasnt expecting it. I've seen it a few times and I cant see him "throwing himself to the floor" at any point. The same media also support Zaha when the smallest touch sends him flying.

Yeah they could both have gone...both pushing their head into each other.

Not sure all the comments about Lerma's involvement in the red yesterday in the media are fair. Sons push to the chest and face was pretty forceful and he wasnt expecting it. I've seen it a few times and I cant see him "throwing himself to the floor" at any point. The same media also support Zaha when the smallest touch sends him flying.

The media are ignoring the fact that Son is attempting to pick up the ball to delay the free kick - this is a Spurs tactic - Dele Ali is the worst for this, but they all do it. Lerma is trying to hook the ball away from him with his foot, and Son overreacts.

Cheers must've been off camera on MOTD then ...or I really am as biased as I've been accused!

Shame to cave in to the targeting right at the end.

;