Another New Member To The Coaching Staff

I remember Cooky replying “see you soon” with a winky smiley when Elphick announced his retirement - so this has probably been in the works for a while, hopefully a good thing for those of us wanting Cooky to stay as well!

I remember Cooky replying “see you soon” with a winky smiley when Elphick announced his retirement - so this has probably been in the works for a while, hopefully a good thing for those of us wanting Cooky to stay as well!

For all we know this whole thing with Steve Cook could just be an internet whirlwind out of nothing...

Not sure he had the best of games at Norwich so Parker leaving him out of the squad for Hull, would probably have been little surprise... He probably needs more time on the grass to sharpen up... If in two weeks' time, having had another 2 full weeks of training, he still doesn't feature in the squad, you maybe would start to wonder where his place in the pecking order is...

For me, this has to be the best signing so far this season.

A true leader who can pass that passion onto the next generation coming through.

Welcome back Tommy!!!

You don't think Parker has any interest in the development team?

Why would he? He’s head coach of the first team.

Every other club the two don’t go hand in hand. The only reason we were different was because everything was built on the shoulders of Eddie Howe.

Why would he? He’s head coach of the first team.

Every other club the two don’t go hand in hand. The only reason we were different was because everything was built on the shoulders of Eddie Howe.
I think he'd definitely have an input.

Personally I think this is brilliant news for our wonderful club
Tommy was a legend as our player and captain
It seems a perfect fit to me

UTCIAD

I think he'd definitely have an input.

He might. But I wouldn’t at all be surprised if he wasn’t.

It sounds like he has more of an input in transfers than Tindall had, but I think post Howe, teething problems and all, we’ve tried to design a new set-up.

One that leaves the club functioning in all areas regardless of a Merry-go round of managers.

He might. But I wouldn’t at all be surprised if he wasn’t.

It sounds like he has more of an input in transfers than Tindall had, but I think post Howe, teething problems and all, we’ve tried to design a new set-up.

One that leaves the club functioning in all areas regardless of a Merry-go round of managers.
I would've thought that any manager of ours who was building for the long term would have a keen interest in how our young players are being developed.

I would've thought that any manager of ours who was building for the long term would have a keen interest in how our young players are being developed.

He would have a passing interest on the players and if they are ready to be promoted to training with the first team. But other than that, why would a normal head coach come in and look at things like that? They all know it’s first team results that matter and a poor run of games and they’re out of the door.

In other clubs it just simply isn’t their remit.

CEO, recruitment all of that would be run separately with the “long term” vision of the club and then on another branch there would be the academy and youth set-up etc, all running independently regardless of the head coach.

He would have a passing interest on the players and if they are ready to be promoted to training with the first team. But other than that, why would a normal head coach come in and look at things like that? They all know it’s first team results that matter and a poor run of games and they’re out of the door.

In other clubs it just simply isn’t their remit.

CEO, recruitment all of that would be run separately with the “long term” vision of the club and then on another branch there would be the academy and youth set-up etc, all running independently regardless of the head coach.
I'd have thought that a coach with a long term vision would want his philosophy taught throughout the age groups..... isn't that what the likes of Ajax do?

I'd have thought that a coach with a long term vision would want his philosophy taught throughout the age groups..... isn't that what the likes of Ajax do?

That’s maybe a chicken and egg question. If Ajax have a long term vision and philosophy taught throughout the age groups why would they appoint a head coach who doesn’t match that?

That’s maybe a chicken and egg question. If Ajax have a long term vision and philosophy taught throughout the age groups why would they appoint a head coach who doesn’t match that?
Good point...I suppose they try to appoint a coach that matches their philosophy....at least not too far away from it ....that was the mantra from Blake when appointing Parker wasn't it?

;