Artur Boruc

I also agree. It’s also a two way street. The defenders trust him and he trusts his defenders. He doesn’t get in their way like flappy Begovic has been doing lately. I still think the Begovic we had for the first half of the season did well enough but at some point he appeared to totally lose the plot and any ability to catch the ball. Boruc v a Begovic on current form is a total no contest.

I agree Boruc should be our number one for the rest of the season... But it does seem a bit off that within minutes of our biggest ever Premier League away win your first thought is to bash a player who wasn't even on the pitch.
Willo could have been in goal today and we still would have won 0-5.

I agree Boruc should be our number one for the rest of the season... But it does seem a bit off that within minutes of our biggest ever Premier League away win your first thought is to bash a player who wasn't even on the pitch.
Willo could have been in goal today and we still would have won 0-5.

Begovic has been poor it’s not unfair for the OP to say that

Did Boruc even touch the ball 10 times? Brighton have had 2 shots on target in the last 3 league games. A scarecrow would have a decent record against them

Cook, Smith (I thought), happy to see Mepham recover from last week (there was an early cross from (I think) Knockaert that he deftly side footed away (contrast to last week) and many others. Brighton did not press us at all and it shows what we can do when given an open track.

I think Boruc made the difference to the performance, not so much to the result ( as has been mentioned ). Our defensive unit just seems so much happier and more sure of what they need to be doing now Artur is back between the sticks. He’s a nutter but I love him and he always gives 100% for the cause ( you can tell he cares deeply about the result ). We must keep him for another year ( maybe as a number two, if we can get someone better in the summer ) and hopefully by then one of our young keepers can step up and he can enjoy his retirement. He was a big part of us being able to compete in the Championship and he is a proper Bournemouth player now.

As we've seen recently, a fit and motivated Boruc is still a perfectly useful keeper.
Could we get by with Boruc and Ramsdale next season assuming Asmir leaves?
Another experienced keeper at the right price fair enough, but is spending maga-bucks on another keeper somewhat frivolous?
Although it would leave us at the mercy of Boruc's random slumps in form.
As you could tell, I'm torn!

In the meantime, here's to a Boruc stormer at his old stomping ground this weekend.

As, I think it was DJ, first mentioned it when Boruc was strangely replaced by Asmir, another start for Artur probably activated the one year extension.

Give him that year. Half 2nd choice goalkeeper, half assistant goalkeeping coach, bringing on Ramsdale.
Tell him he will play league cup games and when our 1st choice is injured.
Ramsdale gets our one FA Cup game.

As, I think it was DJ, first mentioned it when Boruc was strangely replaced by Asmir, another start for Artur probably activated the one year extension.

I also made it pretty clear that I made it up. :) Not my fault it snowballed like a Lord Snooty summer transfer rumour.

;