Anti fan car parking Dean Court Area

hba1

Fans' Favourite
In today's Echo BCP Council have announced new match day (and evening games) parking restrictions in Thistlebarrow Road and Kings Park Drive for 3 hours before and after kick off. The "excuse" is "these measures are required to facilitate the passage of traffic. AFC Bournemouth will undertake the necessary arrangements". No doubt other roads will follow.

Yet more evidence of BCP's anti car stance. Parking in these roads has been for as long as I can remember. Councillor Williams of course lives in the area and he was behind the match day cone fiasco a few years ago. Councillor Mike Greene is responsible for roads etc. and I am sure a flood of emails against the arrangements will help to bring some public opinion to the fore and balance to the issue.

In today's Echo BCP Council have announced new match day (and evening games) parking restrictions in Thistlebarrow Road and Kings Park Drive for 3 hours before and after kick off. The "excuse" is "these measures are required to facilitate the passage of traffic. AFC Bournemouth will undertake the necessary arrangements". No doubt other roads will follow.

Yet more evidence of BCP's anti car stance. Parking in these roads has been for as long as I can remember. Councillor Williams of course lives in the area and he was behind the match day cone fiasco a few years ago. Councillor Mike Greene is responsible for roads etc. and I am sure a flood of emails against the arrangements will help to bring some public opinion to the fore and balance to the issue.

Part of Thistlebarrow Road where houses back onto the ground they park both sides and it’s difficult to drive down with cars coming the other way but can’t pull in to let others pass because there is no space.

It would be hard for an emergency vehicle to get down.

Make it one side parking only and no problem.

Totally agree Billy a little bit of common sense as with having a rear entrance to the car park onto the lorry park even if it was say a gate opened on match days only.

It is not uncommon. I have been to many grounds, which have restricted parking on match days close to grounds, The Etihad, just down the road from me, and The King Power spring immediately to mind.

Seems to have been written by someone who isn’t aware that there is a global pandemic...

The cynic in me would say by having the rules in force for a period of time without objection would allow it to become de jure and then virtually impossible to reverse.

If they did it on an actual match day it would generate so much backlash that it would difficult to make permanent.

To think we hoped of a reasonable stadium deal with these guys while they attempt to strangle attendance.

As Billy said, just cone off one side. I don't understand how councils can spend so much money coming to completely illogical decisions. Saying that, the same applies to all walks of life.

Typical local authority attitude towards football. It's a nasty 'orrible game watched by fighty, beery oiks, who like a rumble, swear and spit and average 15-20 tattoos , of which 50% are self done. Unless the clubs in the PL , at which point footballs amazing, brings in wonderful customers to the area, puts the area on the world map and opens up the door to lots and lots of stuffed brown envelopes. Ah, local councils and councillors, you just got to love them.
Of course some sort of common sense could prevail here, unfortunately once the door is opened many more streets will follow. we'll all be parking at Hurn and getting bussed in.

Cllr Williams has obviously enjoyed the peace and quiet of this pandemic.

Another area where council and football club could work together towards common sense and compromise, missed again.

I'm a very mild mannered tit, but this sort of nimbyism really irritates me. Its obvious that a couple of stretches of road need more restrictions than they have now, as access is poor currently and not right. But if that is used to change a whole "area", changing rules for sideroads where nimbys, already with big drives, don't like people parking outside their houses, then its totally unacceptable. wankers.

edited to say I havent read the article above, if its not about the sideroads then I'm whinging about nothing. since when did detail, research & fact affect a forum rant....

:utc:

Last edited by a moderator:
Flawed local government in action.

Sort out park and ride and people would park where you want them to.

What needs clamping down on is parking on pavements, time to make it an offence and enforce it.

Positively mental.

"Nine dates have been confirmed for when the restrictions apply, including three evening games.

They will be in place on Wednesday, February 17, when Cherries host Rotherham United at 7.45pm in the Championship."

Exactly who is parking there when we can't attend matches. This is definitely arranged so that Cllr Williams et al can show how well the restrictions work and bring them in on a permanent basis. "No one has complained for 3 months so there is universal approval of the scheme, let's extend the area covered.". I can hear it now.

Sensible measure to ensure emergency vehicle access makes sense. No one would disagree but this is over the top.

Time for a FOI request to see the logic behind this.

That's me buggered then, I really need to park as close as possible to the ground, so would park opposite entrance to the club car park ,even then, that used to completely wipe me out.

Flawed local government in action.

Sort out park and ride and people would park where you want them to.

What needs clamping down on is parking on pavements, time to make it an offence and enforce it.

Can see it now, borrowing the Hengistbury noddy train to run from Pokesdown station.

So are BCP going to be paying someone to put cones out and then pay them to take them back 6 hours later or are they going to be marking the road up for a "Temporary" arrangement ?

Thank goodness Council Tax isn't needed to pay for anything else.

;